Login

How to MAXIMIZE number of Demo Emulations in Nebula 3FREE

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

How to MAXIMIZE number of Demo Emulations in Nebula 3FREE

Postby doubtingtom37 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 am

A bit slow; but really starting to get comfortable with Nebula3 using the FREE version. Have downloaded very large number of Demos into C:\nebulatemprepository and many now appear and run.

Not clear on how to use:
NEW SETUP.xml, Rom.xml, scanboot.xml AND SELECT BANK to maximize Demo emulations that I can now use and test.
A few very new ones now appear, but no clue why and how?
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: How to MAXIMIZE number of Demo Emulations in Nebula 3FRE

Postby Support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 pm

doubtingtom37 wrote:A bit slow; but really starting to get comfortable with Nebula3 using the FREE version. Have downloaded very large number of Demos into C:\nebulatemprepository and many now appear and run.

Not clear on how to use:
NEW SETUP.xml, Rom.xml, scanboot.xml AND SELECT BANK to maximize Demo emulations that I can now use and test.
A few very new ones now appear, but no clue why and how?

Hello. Probably you were reading Nebula3 user manual but is out of date, we change a lot of things from 2007. Nebula on boot will scan you .N2P and .N2V files and will generate a cache file(s). Nebula Browser will show a list of available emulation preset that Nebula can load based on that cache file(s).
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank-you. I have approximately 240 presets and this must be the maximum allowed in FREE version ... as there are far more in the repository. I am enjoying and can work with this if there is no way to select or change the cache.

I think I could remove some of the existing presets from the repository and Nebula3 would then load others ?

Regards,
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:22 pm

There is no maximum.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:45 pm

doubtingtom37 wrote:Thank-you. I have approximately 240 presets and this must be the maximum allowed in FREE version ... as there are far more in the repository. I am enjoying and can work with this if there is no way to select or change the cache.

I think I could remove some of the existing presets from the repository and Nebula3 would then load others ?

Regards,

you have probably downloaded a lot of free presets that are built to work in nebula pro only.
not all free presets you find are meant to work with nebula3 free.
a lot of them are free, but require nebula pro to work.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:22 am

I'm sure this is true and no problem. I just want to understand if there is a 'PROPER' procedure for loading, reloading, choosing Banks, etc. with NEW SETUP.xml, Rom.xml, scanboot.xml AND SELECT BANK. I am happy with any result I get, as long as I set Nebula 3 FREE up properly ....now that I have a full complement of emulation presets in nebulatemprepository.
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Support » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:41 am

Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:01 pm

mathias wrote:you have probably downloaded a lot of free presets that are built to work in nebula pro only.
not all free presets you find are meant to work with nebula3 free.
a lot of them are free, but require nebula pro to work.

This is likely what is going on. It's been years since I purchased Nebula Pro. But, remembering back to my Free days, there were definitely demos that didn't work on the Free version. I wish I had a better answer for you (like "these definitely work and these definitely don't"), but I wouldn't know where to start haha.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Support wrote:http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1068

Thanks, would not have gone back to 2011 for this Link.

I am OK with the process shown in video, but unsure if I can do something to make more Presets available to access from nebulartemprepository. Attachment shows I seem to be limited to a range of #200 - #437.

I appreciate seriously your help with this ! :)
Attachments
Nebula3FREE Preset Scrn.jpg
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby mathias » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 pm

from what i understand from your description, you won't get to see more presets, because of the things stated above.

you seem to conclude from the numbering or other things, that some setting of nebula free restricts you from seeing more.
from what i know (and support has confirmed that), there is no restriction in the number of presets that "can" be shown.
but it all probably boils down to the fact, that you have many "free" presets in you folder, that just can't be used in nebula free and therefore won't show up.

there is no setting in any of the files you mentioned, that you could manipulate to make anything happen. just leave those files alone.
did you already manipulate them in any way?

there is one thing you can do, to make nebula reregister all your programs/vectors you have in your nebulatemprepository:
- delete everything in the temp folder in nebulatemprepository
- delete scanboot.xml
then load nebula in your daw (it may take a little longer then usual as it builds the list of programs) and see what you get.
if it's the same, there is nothing you can do, other than buying nebula pro to make all your free programs visible.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries