Login

Panner Question.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Panner Question.

Postby darkskar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:09 pm

How do you use the MFC Panner?
It makes no diference using panner in (100%) hard pan L/R guitars? (It didn't change de volume)

It makes no diference using panner in (50%) center tracks?
(It only put it 3db down, just like the 3db standard -3db pan law)

I think the nebula panner makes sense between 51%-99% with.
Maybe I'm wrong, BTW, what are your opinions?
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Panner Question.

Postby darkskar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

No one? :oops:
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby sfabs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:31 am

um... i don't really use the panner, i tend to use mono tracks panned hard left and right. sorry, i must admit, the panner always confused me a bit :oops:
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby darkskar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

sfabs wrote:um... i don't really use the panner, i tend to use mono tracks panned hard left and right. sorry, i must admit, the panner always confused me a bit :oops:

The panner funcion is to make a stereo track from a mono track, you need a track that is at 50% L/R (mono) and you put the nebula panner on it. The input can be a stereo track panned center and the output will be a stereo track with the pan you select in the panner.

For example you want a 100%L/R stereo guitar at 80%R/L.
You split the L/R signal, you start taking the 100R track and change it to center (mono) and you put the nebula panner to apply this pan -> 80%R guitar.

Then you take the 100L track, you change it to center (mono, and you apply the nebula panner to this stereo (center) track, to make ut 80%L.

Now you have one guitar at 80%R and another at 80L, and you cand send them together to a guitar buss that is panned now 80%L/R.
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby darkskar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:37 pm

No more opinions about this?
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Sheikyearbouti » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Hello,

I am sorry but I haven't used this one. From what I understand, the idea of a sampled panner is to add 'preamp' colour + cross talk. Also by sampling it in stereo you would be making your L & R channels already different, even if you were to pan hard centre. So these small differences than can "enhance" the stereo image and make it appear bigger (and a mono source would no longer be perfectly mono).
I guess there also will be an impact depending on the panning law use. Another completely different beast would be a panner that is based on HRTF/binaural...
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/
Sheikyearbouti

Postby darkskar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Sheikyearbouti wrote:Hello,

I am sorry but I haven't used this one. From what I understand, the idea of a sampled panner is to add 'preamp' colour + cross talk. Also by sampling it in stereo you would be making your L & R channels already different, even if you were to pan hard centre. So these small differences than can "enhance" the stereo image and make it appear bigger (and a mono source would no longer be perfectly mono).
I guess there also will be an impact depending on the panning law use. Another completely different beast would be a panner that is based on HRTF/binaural...

A binaural one should be great for sure.
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Return to 3rd party libraries