Login

T tape Released!!! updated 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby tkrizic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 am

sorry for being of topic but I hope you will release some more filters soon, that ms10 is freaking amazing and loving tapes, using them on every track since i got them, saturation is lush
tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Postby trickster » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:10 am

While people are requesting stuff ;) I was wondering if it would be possible to have a feature like the old AA Analog channel program which allows you to subtract the original signal from the output - leaving the even and odd harmonics.

Obviously I'm completely ignorant as to how this was done (though I guess I could do something similar manually using phased version of the source) but I have always loved the analog channel for this feature.

It would be awesome if your recent saturation program (which I love!) could do this 8-) .
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RE301 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:12 pm

The T Tape appears to sound very nice indeed!

I like the touch of including hiss & print through for a more authentic experience....

(I don't think any other tape emulation/algo/library has ever included a print through feature?)
RE301

Postby RE301 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:14 pm

I hope you'll be adding some other machines to the library... !

From my side I'm most interested in the Ampex MM :-) .. from a 'commercial' standpoint most other people would probably get excited by the Beatles machine...

Btw - Longer hiss & 'rocks' files would be magnificent..

It'd be a hoot to have different machine / tape formula hiss files specific to each machine in the library.. (!!)
RE301

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:53 pm

RE301 wrote:I hope you'll be adding some other machines to the library... !

From my side I'm most interested in the Ampex MM :-) .. from a 'commercial' standpoint most other people would probably get excited by the Beatles machine...

Btw - Longer hiss & 'rocks' files would be magnificent..

It'd be a hoot to have different machine / tape formula hiss files specific to each machine in the library.. (!!)

I'll keep updates on twitter for future releases, I can't guarantee those tapes for sampling. I have a few more releases from over 6 months ago to go before I get to it. Plus I'll do a update for sum 100a

RE301 wrote:
(I don't think any other tape emulation/algo/library has ever included a print through feature?)

You could be right :-)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby greekpeet » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Lots of great replies, I will have to check this tape out!

Have begun using Nebula again with much better results than before. One thing I have noticed in the path, when I tried to do the whole analog signal chain simulation via Nebula my mixes got worse.

What I found out it was pretty much all of the consoles not being very well suited for the music I was doing. By using CDSM's ATR 102 and or the Stud. 820, in conduction with tape booster, and the VTMM2 or Airwindows totape 4 have given me magic results.

Interesting to see how this library places things in the sound stage.

RE301 wrote:The T Tape appears to sound very nice indeed!

I like the touch of including hiss & print through for a more authentic experience....

Actually Michael at CDSM has some, he passed them along to me ages ago and love to add them to have a bit of a noise floor.

Michael, if your reading this let me know if its okay to host and provide a download think. PS - hope things are going well brother, will reach out to you soon!
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:26 am

I've read through the manual and this thread and I still not quite sure how to use the hiss track. I've tried adding the 44.1, 15ips wav file to an empty audio track, and the wav file is only about one beat, or a 1/4 of a measure, in length (the song is in 4/4 time). I added four of the wav files to make a full measure, but I don't see any audio registering on the meters. Is there something being added that the meters can not pick up, and do I just keep adding that small wav file until it fills up the whole entire song?
mtalavera

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:47 am

mtalavera wrote:and I still not quite sure how to use the hiss track. I've tried adding the 44.1, 15ips wav file to an empty audio track, and the wav file is only about one beat, or a 1/4 of a measure, in length (the song is in 4/4 time). I added four of the wav files to make a full measure, but I don't see any audio registering on the meters. Is there something being added that the meters can not pick up, and do I just keep adding that small wav file until it fills up the whole entire song?

If you have a automatic looper function on your Daw this is the best way to apply.

I will increase the size of the hiss if needed. Also I can up the volume. I will do this in a few days. Many thanks
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:03 am

mtalavera wrote:I've read through the manual and this thread and I still not quite sure how to use the hiss track. I've tried adding the 44.1, 15ips wav file to an empty audio track, and the wav file is only about one beat, or a 1/4 of a measure, in length (the song is in 4/4 time). I added four of the wav files to make a full measure, but I don't see any audio registering on the meters. Is there something being added that the meters can not pick up, and do I just keep adding that small wav file until it fills up the whole entire song?

yes, just loop the hiss file over the whole songlength or even a little over both borders of your song.
bring the level or the hisstrack up until you can hear the hiss, then play around in the range where you barely hear it, until it's right for you.
i reduce the hiss most of the times below the level, where it is really audible/perceivable, but it still softens the sound just a little bit.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mtalavera » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 am

Tim Petherick wrote:
mtalavera wrote:and I still not quite sure how to use the hiss track. I've tried adding the 44.1, 15ips wav file to an empty audio track, and the wav file is only about one beat, or a 1/4 of a measure, in length (the song is in 4/4 time). I added four of the wav files to make a full measure, but I don't see any audio registering on the meters. Is there something being added that the meters can not pick up, and do I just keep adding that small wav file until it fills up the whole entire song?

If you have a automatic looper function on your Daw this is the best way to apply.

I will increase the size of the hiss if needed. Also I can up the volume. I will do this in a few days. Many thanks

I got it solved on my end. I don't know if Pro Tools has an automatic looper, but it just took me less than a minute to add the small clip once, then twice, then just kept copying and pasting as the number of clips kept doubling. I also added a gain plugin, Blue Cat Audio Gain (which is free by the way), and started getting the hiss track registering on the meter with about +6db of gain. Could start hearing the hiss at about +22db of gain. The gain plugin goes all the way up to +60db, so I will add this hiss in the background and see what happens (not +60db of boosting, that was a bit much :) )
mtalavera

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries