Login

T tape Released!!! updated 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:04 pm

prosodio wrote:Tim, you have access to a studer J37??? Are you planning to release it???? It would be huge!!!!!!!


yes I do. It's better I didn't sample before as I may of wasted a lot of valuable time, I've learn't a lot from this release. I don't know when I will be able to do this. As some people know I was going to sample it a while back but it never seemed to materialize

oh my profile Gif is the J37

back a few posts EDIT-one tip I would advise is about order, use tone before saturation.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby prosodio » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Looking forward!!!!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby farjedi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Haven't used Nebula for a long time, long story but after my main computer died I've not been able to upgrade, so my 2008 macbook just can't quite cut the mustard.

But I'm making a drum library so I thought I'd try out some programs, it can at least handle some preamp programs, and I was pretty impressed with this, the saturation sounds pretty tasty.

I can't remember Neb saturation being so pronounced and good sounding. Is this a recent development, are there any other programs that have a similar quality out there?
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Video Demo Here
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby sfabs » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 pm

farjedi wrote:Haven't used Nebula for a long time, long story but after my main computer died I've not been able to upgrade, so my 2008 macbook just can't quite cut the mustard.

But I'm making a drum library so I thought I'd try out some programs, it can at least handle some preamp programs, and I was pretty impressed with this, the saturation sounds pretty tasty.

I can't remember Neb saturation being so pronounced and good sounding. Is this a recent development, are there any other programs that have a similar quality out there?


Not really from what I know, very little distortion capabilities... Except of course for the Tim P development. Try the CL2 and U76 compressors... AWESOME!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby farjedi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:10 am

Is G-Drive an Alex B only thing? Anyone tried it?

Cheers sfabs, I'll check those out..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm

farjedi wrote:Is G-Drive an Alex B only thing? Anyone tried it?

Cheers sfabs, I'll check those out..


G-drive is basically input and output pad on a fader,for example output decreases while input increases and vice versa. It was a simple mod that was given out by acustica a few years back to give a better control over dB range of samples for different tone and harmonic increase. You can patch this in NAT. It doesn't necessarily mean preamps will saturate. I'm speaking in general of course not preset specific
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby farjedi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the explanation.

I got your U76 comp today as well, and I'm fast relapsing into my old Nebula ways. I can only run a few instances but it's so enjoyable what U76 and T tape can do to audio, and also your free cassette tape. Lots of flavours and character.

Keep on with those Hi-gain flavours, it distorts really nice, how close it is I don't know but there is something believable and pleasing to the tone of it.

Look forward to your next releases..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 pm

farjedi wrote:Hi Tim,

Thanks for the explanation.

I got your U76 comp today as well, and I'm fast relapsing into my old Nebula ways. I can only run a few instances but it's so enjoyable what U76 and T tape can do to audio, and also your free cassette tape. Lots of flavours and character.

Keep on with those Hi-gain flavours, it distorts really nice, how close it is I don't know but there is something believable and pleasing to the tone of it.

Look forward to your next releases..


Blue mu will has lower cpu option and opto3a has clean kernal only versions for lower cpu.

In the future I'll do a clean kernal only update for u76 plus some other advanced things for it!
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: T tape Released!!!

Postby vicnestE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:17 am

Catalog name = "TPT"
Really hard to search when you have tons of nebula programs in various rules of abbreviations.
User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests