Login

AlexB: Chandly Ltd Germanium

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Chandly Ltd Germanium

Postby sfabs » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 am

Brian wrote:@sfabs, have you considered a chainer plugin? There are a few VSTs that allow wet/dry mixing and various serial/parallel routing within a single "host" plugin. This may provide a more convenient workaround when using Cubase.

Alex doesn't intend to add a dry slider, as all 8 Nebula sliders already have parameters assigned.

I've just tried the CLG in parallel and didn't notice any problematic phasing problems.

good idea, got a demo of blue cat patchwork, that looks like the solution, also gives me plenty of other features... thanks for the tip sir! :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:15 pm

sfabs wrote:
Brian wrote:@sfabs, have you considered a chainer plugin? There are a few VSTs that allow wet/dry mixing and various serial/parallel routing within a single "host" plugin. This may provide a more convenient workaround when using Cubase.

Alex doesn't intend to add a dry slider, as all 8 Nebula sliders already have parameters assigned.

I've just tried the CLG in parallel and didn't notice any problematic phasing problems.

good idea, got a demo of blue cat patchwork, that looks like the solution, also gives me plenty of other features... thanks for the tip sir! :)

I have the BlueCat Patchwork product not for the wet/dry feature, but because I work primarily in Pro Tools, and I use it to load the Nebula/Acqua VST format. It works very well to also set up series or parallel EQ instances. For example, loading all programs of AlexB's Neev73 EQ on a single row for a series path, or loading those same programs on different rows for parallel paths that Pathwork would then sum. I have not done the later option very much, but it is possible.

The one thing that Patchwork can not do which I wish it did was to allow the various rows to be linked in series. By that I mean row 1 would feed into row 2, which would feed into row 3, etc. I have another product I use that does have that feature, Nomad Factory MAGMA, but that product does cause Pro Tools to crash on occasion. But the rack routing feature of MAGMA I use extensively, so I live with Pro Tools getting grumpy from time to time.

By the way, this compressor library used in conjunction with the Acqua BlueEQ is just stellar. I am resisting the urge to just use that everywhere all the time. I have so many other Nebula combinations I enjoy using, I can't bring myself to just use one combination of EQ/Compressor. But if I were stranded on an island and could only choose one EQ and one compressor, these two would be high on the list.
mtalavera

Postby sfabs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm

mtalavera wrote:I have the BlueCat Patchwork product not for the wet/dry feature, but because I work primarily in Pro Tools, and I use it to load the Nebula/Acqua VST format. It works very well to also set up series or parallel EQ instances. For example, loading all programs of AlexB's Neev73 EQ on a single row for a series path, or loading those same programs on different rows for parallel paths that Pathwork would then sum. I have not done the later option very much, but it is possible.

The one thing that Patchwork can not do which I wish it did was to allow the various rows to be linked in series. By that I mean row 1 would feed into row 2, which would feed into row 3, etc. I have another product I use that does have that feature, Nomad Factory MAGMA, but that product does cause Pro Tools to crash on occasion. But the rack routing feature of MAGMA I use extensively, so I live with Pro Tools getting grumpy from time to time.

By the way, this compressor library used in conjunction with the Acqua BlueEQ is just stellar. I am resisting the urge to just use that everywhere all the time. I have so many other Nebula combinations I enjoy using, I can't bring myself to just use one combination of EQ/Compressor. But if I were stranded on an island and could only choose one EQ and one compressor, these two would be high on the list.

Hi mtalavera, thanks for your input, will be plaing with the blue cat demo this week. looked into Magma as well which looks cool. Also came across DDMF meta plugin which looks cool, is very cheap and the demo is fully functional (doesnt remember settings though) which I will play with as well, you might want to look at that, not sure if it chains exactly as you use Magma.
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby flipnaut » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Hmm... i used the demo today and really liked it on drums Mr. Boschi.

I must say that i like the free TFT Console very much too... Good work. They are good balanced and EQ'd well.

Which libraries do you like by yourself the most and why?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby Shuriken » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:56 pm

I've noticed some strange behavior in Nebula3 Free (1.3.903 version) with the newer compressor libraries by AlexB. Apparently, even when the threshold is set to 0 dB, the Nebula meters still register a gain reduction of -0,5 to -1,5 dB, sometimes even higher, but there's no compression occurring. Another strange thing is that the proper gain reduction starts when the threshold is set around -25 dB, which seems too low for me.

P.S.
My audio levels are close to 0dBVU=-18dBfs, so it's not a gain staging issue. Also, the parameters settings are set as written in AlexB's manual.
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm sold
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am

This library is utterly amazing. I can't even sleep right now. Like a kid in a candy store.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:40 pm

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:This library is utterly amazing. I can't even sleep right now. Like a kid in a candy store.

I have been very surprised that this library is largely unnoticed (Unless it sold well and no one is posting about it). I've had some limited access to the hardware, and from what I can remember, this library nails it. It's so versatile...from nearly clean to extremely colorful, and everything in between.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:55 pm

richie43 wrote:
THAPRODUCERZ wrote:This library is utterly amazing. I can't even sleep right now. Like a kid in a candy store.

I have been very surprised that this library is largely unnoticed (Unless it sold well and no one is posting about it). I've had some limited access to the hardware, and from what I can remember, this library nails it. It's so versatile...from nearly clean to extremely colorful, and everything in between.

I echo these comments and have used this compressor on many tracks, and find it hard not to use it just about everywhere. I have so many other Nebula libraries that I feel guilty if I don't use them :D

This compressor coupled with the Blue EQ, and the OwnHammer TG Channel Color (which unfortunately I don't think you can get any longer), makes for one powerful channel strip.
mtalavera

Postby botus99 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Just scooped this up. Now I'm watching videos, reading manuals, and sifting though the comments here in the forum about this release. I can't wait to start using this :P
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries