Login

AlexB: Chandly Ltd Germanium

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Chandly Ltd Germanium

Postby richie43 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:29 pm

I love this library more and more as I get to know it better. I have not been this excited by a software compressor in a long time (no offense intended towards other devs, of course...but still, this has found it's way onto MANY sources, it's crazy....)
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:41 pm

richie43 wrote:I love this library more and more as I get to know it better. I have not been this excited by a software compressor in a long time (no offense intended towards other devs, of course...but still, this has found it's way onto MANY sources, it's crazy....)

Rich, I have been kind of interested in this since day 1, however I don't need another compressor at all. I am 100% happy with all of the compressors that I currently use and I cannot for the life of me think of a situation where I will ever say to myself, "damn, I don't have a compressor that will give me what I want from this track".

So, how would you appeal to a consumer such as myself? What would make me want this compressor when I feel no need to add an additional tool to my arsenal?

Give me some personal stories and experiences, if you have the time and inclination to do so. Why would I want to use this on a ? bus or a ? track instead of a compressor that will already get me exactly what I want out of the track?

I am not skeptical of the quality of this release. I know Alex's work and I trust your opinion very much. Quality is not at all in question. Just need.

What does it do that has you so excited that you cannot get from other compressors? You made a very strong statement here. Please share the reasons behind it.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Dimzo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 pm

tested the driven programs today on a drumloop and this thing indeed gives a nice weight to the sound. I have to experiment more but i like it so far.
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:35 pm

kindafishy wrote:
richie43 wrote:I love this library more and more as I get to know it better. I have not been this excited by a software compressor in a long time (no offense intended towards other devs, of course...but still, this has found it's way onto MANY sources, it's crazy....)

Rich, I have been kind of interested in this since day 1, however I don't need another compressor at all. I am 100% happy with all of the compressors that I currently use and I cannot for the life of me think of a situation where I will ever say to myself, "damn, I don't have a compressor that will give me what I want from this track".

So, how would you appeal to a consumer such as myself? What would make me want this compressor when I feel no need to add an additional tool to my arsenal?

Give me some personal stories and experiences, if you have the time and inclination to do so. Why would I want to use this on a ? bus or a ? track instead of a compressor that will already get me exactly what I want out of the track?

I am not skeptical of the quality of this release. I know Alex's work and I trust your opinion very much. Quality is not at all in question. Just need.

What does it do that has you so excited that you cannot get from other compressors? You made a very strong statement here. Please share the reasons behind it.

Goofball....did you read any of the other posts I made about this? I have ranted in detail in other posts....sigh..
As a diplomat, I suppose I can say that there is nothing I can say to sell this if you think you have everything you need. But I can say that I had everything I needed and am now using this as 75% of all of my compressor needs. Why would I want this on a 2-Buss, a distorted guitar track, an acoustic piano, and maybe a vocal? Because this library, like the hardware (read the manual for the hardware and you will understand better), is so versatile in it's abilities and it's it's possible tones and levels of harmonic distortion.
Why use this in ANY place INSTEAD of something else that you are already happy with? Because it is possible that you will be even happier using this instead...lol. One way to find out, of course......
I know that you (specifically you, Kindafishy) like details, but this is about as detailed as I can get here...If you need some more persnickety details, you know how to reach me more privately (and without clogging up this forum with multiple pages of typing...you KNOW that I can be a "blabber-fingers").
But the main answer to your questions is that this library does what many other compressors of mine have been doing, and this (to my ears) does it better, easier, and with a flavor that is making sense to me (and making much of my work more unified and "gluey").
Email me silly......
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:10 am

richie43 wrote:Goofball...

That's Mr. Goofball to you.

richie43 wrote:did you read any of the other posts I made about this? I have ranted in detail in other posts....sigh..

Read? No...

I suppose I can go back over the thread. Sheesh... you could have just copied and pasted all the good bits and created a Coles Notes version for me. Now I have to wade through the "richie43 recital of War and Peace, umpteenth edition".
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:43 am

kindafishy wrote:
richie43 wrote:Goofball...

That's Mr. Goofball to you.

richie43 wrote:did you read any of the other posts I made about this? I have ranted in detail in other posts....sigh..

Read? No...

I suppose I can go back over the thread. Sheesh... you could have just copied and pasted all the good bits and created a Coles Notes version for me. Now I have to wade through the "richie43 recital of War and Peace, umpteenth edition".

Mr Goofball Sir (I threw in the "Sir" because I actually respect you...and I know that guitarist's egos are easy to manipulate..... :twisted: ),
I will figure out a way to supply you with more details, but you may need to cozy up in your favorite reading chair and prepare for a few days of reading...these fingers may do quite a bit of typing when they get started. Just count your blessings that you are not talking with me on the phone, my wife says that I give her "flat ear" on the phone.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:35 am

You guys are really selling it to me!!!

I'm desperate for Alex to add a dry/ wet control as I dont use Reaper so don't have the flexibility and ease when parallel processing.

But the feedback is so good i'm gonna have to get it anyway
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:12 pm

@sfabs, have you considered a chainer plugin? There are a few VSTs that allow wet/dry mixing and various serial/parallel routing within a single "host" plugin. This may provide a more convenient workaround when using Cubase.

Alex doesn't intend to add a dry slider, as all 8 Nebula sliders already have parameters assigned.

I've just tried the CLG in parallel and didn't notice any problematic phasing problems.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby javahut » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 pm

maybe a stupid question... forgive me if I missed it. But why do the programs with "esc" at the end NOT have sidechain and programs without "esc" DO have sidechain? What does the "esc" at the end actually mean?

Thanks.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Postby richie43 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 pm

"esc" is for using them with External Side-Chaining, setting up the routing in your DAW for things like using a kick drum side-chained into a bass track. The non "esc" has the side-chain built in (internal).
There are many Nebula libraries set up this way (perhaps only Alex's...). It's a great feature since some Nebula compressors are not set up for external side-chaining at all.

Only stupid question is the one un-asked....
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries