Login

It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amp latest update 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amp latest update 05/11/15

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:59 am

How does everybody set the "AHEAD" length for those programs? 0.00 doesn't seem to feel right when I A/B different settings.

Any insights?
beingmf3

Postby deehope » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:47 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:I bought the Opto3a on Black Friday its great
Its now an essential mixing tool for me the la-2a preset i love on vocals and none of my algo la-2a including uad give me what this does, love the la-3a presets too

I was wondering what it sounds like using the la2a presets with the cdsoundmaster la2a preamp library?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:04 pm

deehope wrote:
Its now an essential mixing tool for me the la-2a preset i love on vocals and none of my algo la-2a including uad give me what this does, love the la-3a presets too

I was wondering what it sounds like using the la2a presets with the cdsoundmaster la2a preamp library?

would be nice to know, hope someone can test that out :)

but the way This OPTO3a shapes your audio is so beautiful on its own, the la-2a preset sounds bigger than the La-3a presets as I'm pretty sure it should in the HW world

to me the La-2a preset made my vocal much more defined and firm in the mix and also a little bigger at the same time
it preformed mush better than i thought it would be since its not exactly an La-2a emulation to my knowledge, but that preset is wonderful no matter what, after getting it is no way back hehe, it really felt like i was using HW even before i did compression

really great tone shaper even with out compression

i put the la-3a preset on a vst piano, and in most cases they are sounding way to huge and flabby especially in the mix, the la-3a really gave it so mush more presence took out most of that flabby sound without using any eq, i liked the-la-3a`s compression on the piano too

i have not any experience with the real HW of a La-2a
but it is still sounding very beautiful to me
both La-3a and La-2a presets

i really recommend it, i have tried all la-2a emulations on the planet i think including UAD , but this one beats them all to me easily

i havent tried the La-3a presets on electric guitar`s yet but i know its gonna be awesome :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:04 pm

deehope wrote:

I was wondering what it sounds like using the la2a presets with the cdsoundmaster la2a preamp library?[/quote]

In my knowledge i do not think they are comparable. The CDS
Library is just Mojos which are supposed to be placed after
an algo LA2A while the TP is the full Compressor.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 pm

deehope wrote:

In my knowledge i do not think they are comparable. The CDS
Library is just Mojos which are supposed to be placed after
an algo LA2A while the TP is the full Compressor.[/quote]
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:43 pm

for the la-2a i tried HO mojo with my uad la-2a collection

not even close to the OPTO3a :D

but some mojo with OPTO3a LA-2A cold work, although i don't feel i don't need it at this point
its working marvelous the way it is for me :)

i almost don't use uad anymore as i always reached for the LA-2A collection for vocals hehe
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:38 am

Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that Tim tweaked the la3a to have it behave like an la2a for those presets. So I was thinking the cdsoundmaster mojo would be able to add the tubey tone and goodness of the la2a to those specific presets.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:31 am

deehope wrote:Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that Tim tweaked the la3a to have it behave like an la2a for those presets. So I was thinking the cdsoundmaster mojo would be able to add the tubey tone and goodness of the la2a to those specific presets.

You are correct, the La2a presets in this library are not samples from an la2a, they are, as you suspected, tweaked from the opto. Nebula makes many experiments possible that would be nearly (or even completely) impossible with hardware, so I always say "try it!". I use the CDSM La2a "preamp" resets for many odd things. Even in front of non-la2a comps, for interesting flavor.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:02 pm

The 2a presets have a longer attack. They are in the style of.....

Maybe i will sample a 2a soon. I have a lot of stuff already sampled, 4 products are In line but first I must get some updates out. Sum 100a v2 is very
Close to being completed, I did say that the comp would get a update when I first released it, so I guess I'm sticking to my word.

There are no rules to mixing different preamps with this set. If you like it then do it. For me however I like to keep it simple and the preamp made in this release was made specifically to work with th comp. A very clean representation of harmonics, it's quick and does not smear.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm

2A! 2A! 2A! 2A! etc...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries