Login

It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amp latest update 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby jpn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:10 pm

dsmusic02 wrote:
jpn wrote:If the problem is "Size" I can solve it easy

Love the look of the Opto-3A skin, it's really eye candy. If this can be solved easily, that would be great! But like I said, i'm just guessing. I don't know it's actually the file size, that causes the problem.

But maybe it's worth trying? The Blue-MU skin also loads a lot faster. Perhaps you could add a Opto-3A lowres skin with about 5 mbytes for faster loading purposes and solving crashing issues? Sorry, I'm a technical idiot, i don't know anything about making skins ;) .

I sent you a PM
jpn
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sfabs » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

jpn wrote:
sfabs wrote:Skin seems to work fine for me.

I love the skin JPN, thank you! Reduction meters seem to be incredibly accurate and even the slightest compression is represented.

Is this different to the Blu Mu skin, I find with very light compression (0.5-1Db GR) on the Blu Mu that the LEDs don't always light up, especially when compression is very brief (on a peak). I have the settings in the mast page as described (Gui 5ms and 2 peak). I know it is compressing as I can see it but the led's don't light up. No biggie as ears not eyes are what counts in the end.

Also... Cud we have a peak meter in the U76?? Or have I missed it and one has already been done?

Hi sfabs

I´m Glad you like the skin ...thank you

I can make a more accurate skin for Blue MU.
I have to make new LEDs with smaller steps between DB's ( i´ll do a LOOOOT more steps) :mrgreen:
When Tim find the right time we can work on that. :)

LEGEND! when you have time that would be great, really didnt want to sound picky. The skins are AWESOME... someone said... "immersion" and I totally agree, immersion describes it best. this tag team you have with Tim is brilliant, it really adds something to the products having them look and feel so true to the hardware, it does give you a buzz when using it, helps that Tims products sound so good obviously. Thank you both for all your work, feeling so happy with my plugin arsenal right now!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Johnkenn » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:42 am

So - I'm a total newbie here...bought the LA3A, and put all the files in the right places...but I'm still getting the Red Nebula 3 skin. I apologize for the newbie question, but how do I make the LA3A skin show up...also - do I have to choose that skin as my overall skin?
Johnkenn
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Johnkenn » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:21 am

Ah...guru mode. Figured it out...
Johnkenn
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:50 am

Johnkenn wrote:So - I'm a total newbie here...bought the LA3A, and put all the files in the right places...but I'm still getting the Red Nebula 3 skin. I apologize for the newbie question, but how do I make the LA3A skin show up...also - do I have to choose that skin as my overall skin?

All tips of the month, listed
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1346
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:The LA3A and TLA-100a are the best hardware bass compressors I've ever heard. I want to hear this, Tim! :D

Tell us how you you think about the soft and hardware version of 3A? Previous released Sum100a is really good. 8-)
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mightymosaic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 pm

I just tested this bad boy out and i am impressed once again, Tim you are changing the game one library at a time.
mightymosaic

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 pm

vicnestE wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:The LA3A and TLA-100a are the best hardware bass compressors I've ever heard. I want to hear this, Tim! :D

Tell us how you you think about the soft and hardware version of 3A? Previous released Sum100a is really good. 8-)

I used a couple of 3As for years and I loved them on bass tracks because of that mid rangey scope they had. Somehow they made low mids less muddy and upper mids clearer. It's a tight comp. A couple of years ago my old boss was selling them but they were too expensive for me at that time. Tim's version sounds and behaves exactly the same as I remember, it's insane how good it is. I've been using Waves version for a long time but this is in a whole different league. Waves version is really close to the behavior but always lacked that magic on low and upper mids.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kindafishy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 am

This library is everything I had hoped it would be. The compression is full of character. It can go from super smack to thick mojo infusion and everything in between.

I love the way it grabs and massages in a way that hugs and rides the input signal, teasing out subtleties and bringing elements forward. It's part betterizer, part dimensionalizer.

The limiter programs are just fantastic as well. They just have this way of solidifying and evening a signal in a way that doesn't negatively affect the perception of dynamics in the least.

Just simply wonderful. This is my favourite compressor now and I haven't even fully explored it yet.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Martinez » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 am

I'm gonna have to get this library, by the sounds of it.
Martinez

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries