Login

It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amp latest update 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby jpn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:47 pm

richie43 wrote:
jpn wrote:I do not think that Giancarlo has time to help solve bugs of my skins: :lol:


Never hurts to try...ask.
But on this topic, I think it's awesome if skins work. But how many other plugins do any of you have in your arsenal that supports user-made gui changes? I think that it's a cool idea if it works, but I also feel like it is an unrealistic EXPECTATION to put on any software developer. Just my opinion, of course.



Maybe any day G has time to check what is wrong with the skins.
  If Giancarlo find that somehow skins can affect the operation of the Nebula I can stop making skins ... or even remove them from the forum.
About the need to use many skins ... for me it's too philosophical and personal :lol: .... I prefer to leave to the individual users :)
jpn
Member
Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby myimo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 am

There are two skins
OPTO-3A.N2S
OPTO 3A SATURATION.N2S

The saturation skin has less (functions) knobs.
Maybe loading the opto 3A program into the OPTO 3A SATURATION.N2S skin eventually crashes it. (no problems here by the way)
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08 am

If there are any problems with a skin please contact me directly, we can then try to isolate the problem, the more with same problem the better. Basically if the problem can be replicated it's more likely to be solved....

By the way in the first few hours I changed the main skin from opto 3a to opto-3a. This was simply a dry knob label change.. If you bought in the first few hours you can simply download again.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby jpn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:06 am

myimo wrote:There are two skins
OPTO-3A.N2S
OPTO 3A SATURATION.N2S

The saturation skin has less (functions) knobs.
Maybe loading the opto 3A program into the OPTO 3A SATURATION.N2S skin eventually crashes it. (no problems here by the way)


HI myimo

loading the wrong skin will not cause a crash in Nebula.
there must be a very specific problem for skins cause a crash only on some systems.
jpn
Member
Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby sfabs » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Skin seems to work fine for me.

I love the skin JPN, thank you! Reduction meters seem to be incredibly accurate and even the slightest compression is represented.

Is this different to the Blu Mu skin, I find with very light compression (0.5-1Db GR) on the Blu Mu that the LEDs don't always light up, especially when compression is very brief (on a peak). I have the settings in the mast page as described (Gui 5ms and 2 peak). I know it is compressing as I can see it but the led's don't light up. No biggie as ears not eyes are what counts in the end.

Also... Cud we have a peak meter in the U76?? Or have I missed it and one has already been done?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 pm

I've got a few ideas about blu-mu, maybe we can do a update at some point.

Jpn has already made a skin for u76. We just need to release. However it's possible I could improve U76 even more. So maybe we should wait?

Hope everyone who has bought is enjoying this new release.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby dsmusic02 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Maybe the file size is too large, so my DAW can not handle it. I don't know, I could be wrong.

"opto-3a.n2s" = 11,356 Mbyte, it's the biggest file in my skins folder, crashes after opening 19 (it's always 19) instances.

"blue-mu.n2s" = 5,841 Mbyte, works flawless. So I'm currently using this for Opto-3A. It kills the immersion a little bit, because it's the wrong skin for the compressor, but it works.

And it sounds fantastic! This is a compressor, which works on any track (guitar, bass, piano, drums). Always with awesome results. I love the snappy punch of the L2 patch. I could mix a complete song only with this compressor and it would sound great. I'm impressed.
Last edited by dsmusic02 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dsmusic02
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby jpn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:07 pm

sfabs wrote:Skin seems to work fine for me.

I love the skin JPN, thank you! Reduction meters seem to be incredibly accurate and even the slightest compression is represented.

Is this different to the Blu Mu skin, I find with very light compression (0.5-1Db GR) on the Blu Mu that the LEDs don't always light up, especially when compression is very brief (on a peak). I have the settings in the mast page as described (Gui 5ms and 2 peak). I know it is compressing as I can see it but the led's don't light up. No biggie as ears not eyes are what counts in the end.

Also... Cud we have a peak meter in the U76?? Or have I missed it and one has already been done?


Hi sfabs

I´m Glad you like the skin ...thank you

I can make a more accurate skin for Blue MU.
I have to make new LEDs with smaller steps between DB's ( i´ll do a LOOOOT more steps) :mrgreen:
When Tim find the right time we can work on that. :)
jpn
Member
Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby jpn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 pm

dsmusic02 wrote:Maybe the file size is too large, so my DAW can not handle it. I don't know, I could be wrong.

"opto-3a.n2s" = 11,356 Mbyte, it's the biggest file in my skins folder, crashes after opening 19 (it's always 19) instances.

"blue-mu.n2s" = 5,841 Mbyte, works flawless. So I'm currently using this for Opto-3A. It kills the immersion a little bit, because it's the wrong skin for the compressor, but it works.

And it sounds fantastic! This is a compressor, which works on any track (guitar, bass, piano, drums). Always with awesome results. I love the snappy punch of the L2 patch. I could mix a complete song only with this compressor and it would sound great. I'm impressed.



If the problem is "Size" I can solve it easy
jpn
Member
Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby dsmusic02 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:57 pm

jpn wrote:If the problem is "Size" I can solve it easy


Love the look of the Opto-3A skin, it's really eye candy. If this can be solved easily, that would be great! But like I said, i'm just guessing. I don't know it's actually the file size, that causes the problem.

But maybe it's worth trying? The Blue-MU skin also loads a lot faster. Perhaps you could add a Opto-3A lowres skin with about 5 mbytes for faster loading purposes and solving crashing issues? Sorry, I'm a technical idiot, i don't know anything about making skins ;) .
dsmusic02
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UrbSgt and 10 guests