Login

It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amp latest update 05/11/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: It's Here! OPTO3a Levelling amplifier!!!!!

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:24 am

It's awesome to see Tim getting some accolades, he deserves this (and deserves many sales). Pass the word!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:The LA3A and TLA-100a are the best hardware bass compressors I've ever heard. I want to hear this, Tim! :D

You will!

hwasser wrote:I have not tried the la3. But I've heard many people like it for rock/metal guitars (mainly 1 db gr for color).

What about rock vocals?

La3a is much faster than 2a . That could be good if you want a bit more edge. 2a sounds fatter because of the longer attack times.

SWANG wrote:Tim, we asked, and you listened. Thank you so much for sampling my favorite compressor.

As soon as I get home tonight, it's mine at last!

Sorry it took so long. I made many versions of this over 8 months, usually starting, stopping, coming back to it again after a few months etc...Most of this was making a link up template in the background of nebula to make it work the way I wanted. Good thing is this template can be used for other releases. The actual sampling only a small fraction of that time but overall it's taken soo long.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby myimo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 pm

This is top notch.You can really drive it and it stays together. Sounds great on Bass, Drums. Seems like a good all round compressor from what I've heard so far.
Plus the skin by JPN is the perfect visual compliment.
The OPTO3a has got a vibe of its own,very happy to have it.
Thanks Tim.
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby dsmusic02 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Sounds awesome! Thank you for that great comp.

But the Jpn Skin is buggy. After opening 19 instances, my DAW (Cubase 8) crashes every time. After choosing another skin, everything works fine and I can open 50 instances and more without any issues. Only "opto 3a.n2s" causes the crashes. Hope for an solution, because the skin looks great and I don't want to use the standard skins.

Sorry for bad english...
dsmusic02
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 pm

dsmusic02 wrote:Sounds awesome! Thank you for that great comp.

But the Jpn Skin is buggy. After opening 19 instances, my DAW (Cubase 8) crashes every time. After choosing another skin, everything works fine and I can open 50 instances and more without any issues. Only "opto 3a.n2s" causes the crashes. Hope for an solution, because the skin looks great and I don't want to use the standard skins.

Sorry for bad english...

Well....maybe if someone besides me has an issue with some skins we can get it figured out.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jpn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:34 pm

dsmusic02 wrote:Sounds awesome! Thank you for that great comp.

Sorry for bad english...

Hi dsmusic02

Could you test with diferntes skin to see if the problem is my skins?
I wish I could help since the more people use my skins will be more bugs,
I do not have this bug in my system ... and as you might imagine I use dozens of skins in my projects.
jpn
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:55 pm

jpn wrote:Hi dsmusic02

I do not have this bug in my system ... and as you might imagine I use dozens of skins in my projects.

i wouldn't expect there to be bugs on your system, that's the nature of software development and testing. I have seen software work on 100 computers and not on one specific computer, but the problem was still with the software, not the one computer. And as more and more people build their own or have them built to their specs, this is going to be a bigger and bigger issue. My solution is to simplify where I can and keep what I NEED. This is in no way a disrespect to you, jpn, or to any other "skinners". I love the look of the work you and some others do. But part of what attracted me to Nebula in the beginning of my journey into this crazy technology was a desire to break my own bad habits of being swayed by the looks of my tools, and instead to re-teach myself to listen. I have always liked (in a sort of perverse way...lol) what I still consider to be "the ugly red skin" of a default Nebula. And I even like that all of the 100+ customized dll's that I have made with nebula Setups LOOK THE SAME.....It fits my workflow and needs. In fact, I even load some of the Acqua plugins into my ugly red Nebula, and the new Acqua stuff is gorgeous.
But because my wants/needs are most likely much less popular than using Nebula with the awesome skins you make (and I do love how they look, you know!), I hope that this gets figured out. Send a message to Support or even PM Giancarlo and see if you guys can think-tank this together.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dsmusic02 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:02 pm

I've tested other skins, no problem. Only "opto 3a.n2s" and "opto 3a saturation" causes the crashes. Currently I use your "Blue MU" Skin for Opto 3a, and it works flawless. All your other skins (EL Enhancer, Blue MU) are without any problems, except for "opto 3a.n2s" and "opto 3a saturation".

jpn wrote:
Hi dsmusic02

dsmusic02
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jpn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:11 pm

richie43 wrote:
jpn wrote:Hi dsmusic02

i wouldn't expect there to be bugs on your system, that's the nature of software development and testing. I have seen software work on 100 computers and not on one specific computer, but the problem was still with the software, not the one computer. And as more and more people build their own or have them built to their specs, this is going to be a bigger and bigger issue. My solution is to simplify where I can and keep what I NEED. This is in no way a disrespect to you, jpn, or to any other "skinners". I love the look of the work you and some others do. But part of what attracted me to Nebula in the beginning of my journey into this crazy technology was a desire to break my own bad habits of being swayed by the looks of my tools, and instead to re-teach myself to listen. I have always liked (in a sort of perverse way...lol) what I still consider to be "the ugly red skin" of a default Nebula. And I even like that all of the 100+ customized dll's that I have made with nebula Setups LOOK THE SAME.....It fits my workflow and needs. In fact, I even load some of the Acqua plugins into my ugly red Nebula, and the new Acqua stuff is gorgeous.
But because my wants/needs are most likely much less popular than using Nebula with the awesome skins you make (and I do love how they look, you know!), I hope that this gets figured out. Send a message to Support or even PM Giancarlo and see if you guys can think-tank this together.

I do not think that Giancarlo has time to help solve bugs of my skins: :lol:
jpn
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:23 pm

jpn wrote:I do not think that Giancarlo has time to help solve bugs of my skins: :lol:

Never hurts to try...ask.
But on this topic, I think it's awesome if skins work. But how many other plugins do any of you have in your arsenal that supports user-made gui changes? I think that it's a cool idea if it works, but I also feel like it is an unrealistic EXPECTATION to put on any software developer. Just my opinion, of course.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries