Login

AlexB - T95 Program eQualizer

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - T95 Program eQualizer

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

AlexB wrote:The increments are continuous like in the hardware.

The W395 has stepped increments but it's another and very different hardware.

- Right! Thanks. I did a search for a picture of T95, but it's hard to find. But the W395 seemed similar - but thanks for clearing up that the increments are continuous. Got to test the demo!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby AlexB » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Please note : demo has ONE STEP gain. It's not for use but for to evaluate the sound only.

W95 pic is on the website and facebook page. W95 is very rare equalizer, especially this FIRST version. W395 has TOTALLY DIFFERENT circuit, transformers, components and transistors: silicon instead germanium. It's like apple and orange.

W395 will be released in the next future.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby fredgod » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Hello Alex...
When is the version 2 of the pultec dropping ?
Am also waiting for the S*L 4k.
Thanks
fredgod
User Level I
User Level I

Postby pleplo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Hey Alex is the T95 demo in stereo? (the 2 seperated unit to give more stereo dept).
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Shibata » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:58 am

pleplo wrote:Hey Alex is the T95 demo in stereo? (the 2 seperated unit to give more stereo dept).

Yes, pleplo. Look at the link
http://dropmefiles.com/0xnI9
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby sfabs » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 am

sfabs wrote:Just bought this! Cant wait to test the 10K boost on a snare im struggling with, every thing i boost with sounds unatural or harsh, but hoping this can do the job :) :) :)

beingmf3 wrote:A lil OT, sorry :) Which mic did you use? Can't the overheads cure it (SC expander)? Have you tried parallel processing? Bottom mic?[/size]

Brian wrote:Ah sampled hits are tricky, yes. But just remember, an EQ is operating like a volume control for certain frequencies first and foremost, with some phase shift and possibly harmonics adding more subtle qualities. So if the quality you want isn't present in the sample, no EQ boost is going to bring it out.

Especially if the sample has harshness baked-in, and present up top, even an exquisite, expensive sounding shelf like the T95's will just emphasize it more.

You may have to create the sound you want with parallel processing. Use tools that can manipulate dynamics or create distortion/harmonics, and build the missing component on a new channel. Mix that in parallel to provide the missing piece.

BTW - expanders can be set to bring out ambience or HF information from oh/room mics. Insert expander on your overheads group, and key the input (using sidechain input) from the snare channel. Adjust parameters so that most/all snare hits trigger the expander to raise the level of the overhead signal (which hopefully is already quite bright sounding but not too harsh). Tailor the timing parameters so the attack and decay of the snare sounds right for the tempo or sound you want. You can try this on room mics too, to add length to the snares without having overwhelming ambience.

Back on topic....this EQ is mint.

Wanted to thank you both for your help, don't know why I didn't try parallel first but that worked a treat, manipulated the parallel signal as I wanted it then added it to the original and it sorted it. thanks for the idea

Did use the T95 to boost 10K on the parallel snare, very nice...

BUT, also tried the T95 high boost on the stereo master, sounds amazing, really pleased with it. :) :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Wanted to thank you both for your help, don't know why I didn't try parallel first but that worked a treat, manipulated the parallel signal as I wanted it then added it to the original and it sorted it. thanks for the idea

Did use the T95 to boost 10K on the parallel snare, very nice...

BUT, also tried the T95 high boost on the stereo master, sounds amazing, really pleased with it. :) :)

Thanks for getting back! Glad it worked in the end, great!
beingmf3

Postby fredgod » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 pm

I just bought this and i must thank Alex B for his hardwork
this is an eq with a unique sound,so natural and sweet on just anything that needs the fixed frequencies.
A*I and N**e are great sounding eq's but this is super analog and natural sounding to me.
fredgod
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Dimzo » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 am

amazing sounding eq, very natural. i love how it can open up the sound without sounding eqed. i tried it on a source that needed a litte push in the upper frequencies and when i bypassed it, it almost was like putting a low pass filter on the sound... then activated again and it sounded like it should. hard to describe but it's great 8-)
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby misterambient » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Amazing work Alex. I absolutely love unit A, so transparant and pure! It works great on complete mixes too (feels like instant mastering), especially in combination with the N14's colorful sonic character. Favorite EQ so far.
misterambient
User Level V
User Level V

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries