Login

AlexB - T95 Program eQualizer

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB - T95 Program eQualizer

Postby AlexB » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello,

the vintage T95 Program eQualizer library has been released !!!

T95 Program eQualizer: (W95) this is the first version of super rare pure class-A germanium equalizer by Telefunken (not to be confused with the next silicon transistor release, the W395, which has different transformers). T95 delivers a pure heavenly sound for drums, voice, acoustic instruments, guitars, as well as entire mixes during mixdown and mastering. Two units have been completely refurbished and match-calibrated.

. Sampled with original console power supply
. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. Two units sampled in stand alone and coupled for stereo mode
. High Shelf fixed 10kHz +/- 12dB
. Low Shelf fixed 60Hz +/- 12dB
. Mid bell fixed 700Hz, 1kHz, 1.4Khz, 2kHz, 3kHz +8dB

Please, check the website and download the user manual and try the Demo, they have the same audio quality and performance of the commercial releases but with some restrictions.

No C.P. !

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Last edited by AlexB on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - T95 Program eQualizer

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 pm

Pleasantly surprised to see this one! Definitely a rare and special piece of gear. Just purchased and excited to try it out on some acoustic material and see how it handles mastering applications.

Thanks for capturing such a rare piece Alex, and it's a nice touch to have the stereo programs sampled from two units.

In the past year, I've never felt so close to having the ideal hybrid setup. With these level of programs and a few surgical digital tools, great AD/DA, monitoring, and room treatment, there's not much else necessary except when tracking. But for mixing and mastering work, things have never been better for ITB audio quality, convenience, recall, and budget.

Edit: just tried it briefly on a simple session with vocals and acoustic guitar...although it's late here, my first impressions are that the high frequency boost is really lovely. The mids can be pushed at any frequency and seem to add something nice. guitar, which is what I just tried it with. Will test more soon.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby vicnestE » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:49 am

I added a 3kHz boost on a female vocal and it helps a lot to bring the vocal out beautifully.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Sure this thing is great and simple on vocals. Flip between 2, 2.8, 3k to find the right mids to push, and you're good to go. More relaxed and refined compared to the 1073 style mid push, which sounds pointier and more EQd when boosted heavily.

Interestingly, the high shelf cuts can sound good on vocals too. A push at 2~3kHz and a soft cut at 10k brings them forward but texturizes the highs in an elegant way, and keeps them relaxed especially if slightly sibilant or recorded with a bright condenser.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商

Brian

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:29 am

This and SilkEQ are definitely two of the nicest EQs I've ever had the pleasure to work with and all thanks to these amazing guys sampling those beauties. Compared to a 1073 these German EQs are on top of the game.

I think the most amazing thing here with these W95s is that Alessandro sampled two units and that gives this library an incredible value for money. Also, having these two modules gives us that amazing feeling of working with real analog gear because I've always believed that differences between two units of the same gear is what gives that sense of depth and widening on stereo tracks (and there I gave away one of my most beloved tricks when mixing 8-) ).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby sfabs » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Just bought this! Cant wait to test the 10K boost on a snare im struggling with, every thing i boost with sounds unatural or harsh, but hoping this can do the job :) :) :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:00 pm

sfabs wrote:Just bought this! Cant wait to test the 10K boost on a snare im struggling with, every thing i boost with sounds unatural or harsh, but hoping this can do the job :) :) :)

A lil OT, sorry :) Which mic did you use? Can't the overheads cure it (SC expander)? Have you tried parallel processing? Bottom mic?
beingmf3

Postby sfabs » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:16 am

beingmf3 wrote:
sfabs wrote:Just bought this! Cant wait to test the 10K boost on a snare im struggling with, every thing i boost with sounds unatural or harsh, but hoping this can do the job :) :) :)

A lil OT, sorry :) Which mic did you use? Can't the overheads cure it (SC expander)? Have you tried parallel processing? Bottom mic?

The snare is sampled so cant go back to the mics... I have tried replacing the snare a few times but doesnt sound quite right as the snare fits the track very well.
Overheads have helped, but still feel a little dull at the top.
I like the parallel idea, I will try that out, thank you :)

oh... SC Expander? Side chain expander? I've never tried that, how would you set it up? bit confused :oops:
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Brian » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:52 am

Ah sampled hits are tricky, yes. But just remember, an EQ is operating like a volume control for certain frequencies first and foremost, with some phase shift and possibly harmonics adding more subtle qualities. So if the quality you want isn't present in the sample, no EQ boost is going to bring it out.

Especially if the sample has harshness baked-in, and present up top, even an exquisite, expensive sounding shelf like the T95's will just emphasize it more.

You may have to create the sound you want with parallel processing. Use tools that can manipulate dynamics or create distortion/harmonics, and build the missing component on a new channel. Mix that in parallel to provide the missing piece.

BTW - expanders can be set to bring out ambience or HF information from oh/room mics. Insert expander on your overheads group, and key the input (using sidechain input) from the snare channel. Adjust parameters so that most/all snare hits trigger the expander to raise the level of the overhead signal (which hopefully is already quite bright sounding but not too harsh). Tailor the timing parameters so the attack and decay of the snare sounds right for the tempo or sound you want. You can try this on room mics too, to add length to the snares without having overwhelming ambience.

Back on topic....this EQ is mint.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商

Brian

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Perfect explanation, Brian :!: That's it!
Good luck, sfabs!
beingmf3

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries