Login

X filter v2 now avalible

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

X filter v2 now avalible

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:40 pm

X Filter is a Key filter usually used for side chains but this filter is very musical with very smooth curves. This is superb for getting elements to fit into the mix!

Keeping in the tradition of combo programs the High and low cut are combined in to one instance allowing quick tweaking when the inspiration hits! Interpolation between samples is smooth and sweep is very broad across the spectrum with both hi and lo pass

As usual I’ve sampled natively in 4 sample rates-

44.1khz
48khz
88.2khz
96khz

Click here for purchase and graphs
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: X filter v2 now avalible

Postby sfabs » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Great filters, thanks Tim

Great HP filters as they go high up the frequency range, smooth and musical.
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby deehope » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:41 pm

I have so many filters and I'm still debating picking these up. It's a sickness lol
P.s. you're not allowed to post here until you release the Opto 3a :p lmao thanks
Tim Petherick wrote:X Filter is a Key filter usually used for side chains but this filter is very musical with very smooth curves. This is superb for getting elements to fit into the mix!

Keeping in the tradition of combo programs the High and low cut are combined in to one instance allowing quick tweaking when the inspiration hits! Interpolation between samples is smooth and sweep is very broad across the spectrum with both hi and lo pass

As usual I’ve sampled natively in 4 sample rates-

44.1khz
48khz
88.2khz
96khz

Click here for purchase and graphs
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby deehope » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 am

What's the slope on these?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby sfabs » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 am

really gentle slope

Seems to be between 6-12db at a guess. there are no figures for it.

I dont really use the filters for true low CUT or high cut, for that I use the N2065 or Fabfilter. I use these filters to round off the top or bottom or both, that way I can get the track to fit better in the mix without making big changes to the sound, horses for courses and all that
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby deehope » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks for the answer. Very interesting.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Something I should add is-

All filters I've sampled are complete in one instance. This is a very accurate way of getting proper band interaction and tonal quality correct. In fact also el enhancer is done this way too. So no need for multiple instances.

Both ms10 filter and x filter are sampled in a way that the transition between samples using interpolation is smooth, I even had to use a special measuring device to get this in ms10 filter. It's simply sampling quality... Ms10 used 100's of samples!

Silk eq was done the almost the same way. High low bands were sampled together resulting in lower instance count and a closer interaction between bands.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries