Login

NEW VNXTe240 Famous Gold Plate OUT NOW!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW VNXTe240 Famous Gold Plate OUT NOW!

Postby VNXT_Sound » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello

This is how i see (hear) this:

There are two things - one costs nad library size.

Costs versus quality

One program 96kHz is 2GB. For now i could afford only for session to sample this with 96kHz. This is best optimal quality of sampling so this is my starting point and main concern.

Quality:

1. Converters sounds better with 96kHz - so recording(sampling) with higher frequency is closer to oryginal (this is what i want)! This one (PRISM Dream) sound with 96kHz just stunning:)

2. With highest CNV RATE inside Nebula converting programs are really good!!! (i mean really - and yes i have mastering grade studio here)
Ofcourse its not ideal but You have that HighRes sampling advantage.

3. I actually prefered sound of program sampled with 96kHz on 44kHz session (probably because of that sampling quality this sounds closer).
And i dont like sound other way around conversion.

4. Obvious advantage of 44kHz programs is load time and maybe RAM usage

So for now ive decided to give You now only 96kHz version as closest recreation possible for me to sample with limited studio time.

But maybe i will sample that unit once again with 44kHz if only many of You will want that. :) Yes i hear that requests - and take it serious!

Best :)

nextaz
VNXT_Sound
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Barendse » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:07 pm

No problem. I personally expierence a nicer and richer stereo image when I am avoiding the src. Let's move on.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RE301 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:51 pm

This library release is very exciting news.. one of the things I really miss from my old studio is the EMT 240 - it was a 'perfect' sound for brass and as someone already mentioned in this thread it worked nicely for me as a dark kind of sonic glue which held overall mixes together.

I really appreciate the quality of all the VNXT reverbs so far. It was actually the strength of the VNXT EMT 140 library which induced me take the initial leap into Nebula world (little did I know I'd need a Cray supercomputer to run it in real time! :) ) ..
RE301

Postby sfabs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:44 am

Ok... i love the sound of this plate... firstly!

secondly... I have to ask the question, even though i feel really stupid :oops:

the two sliders FX1 and FX 2. one is very obvious what it does, the second slider I'm struggling, sometimes I'm not even sure I can hear any difference.

What is the second slider parameter...? is it the distance from the plate? :oops:
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RE301 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

To corner the market on all things Nebula reverbs completely - all you need to Nebula-fy next is....
yes, the EMT 250 ... :-)
That would be amazing & I would plunk down some $ in a nanosecond.....though I generally prefer mechanical reverbs like plates & springs... Thanks again for all these superb & eminently usable reverb libraries...
RE301

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am

sfabs wrote:Ok... i love the sound of this plate... firstly!

secondly... I have to ask the question, even though i feel really stupid :oops:

the two sliders FX1 and FX 2. one is very obvious what it does, the second slider I'm struggling, sometimes I'm not even sure I can hear any difference.

What is the second slider parameter...? is it the distance from the plate? :oops:

this reverb has distortion kernels deconvolved.
the first fx slider ist the first kernel, which makes almost all the reverbsound.
the second fx slider controls the gain of the additional distortion kernels, which are much much lower in loudness, so the effect they make is not very obvious.
when you have the right amount of reverb set with the fx1, set the fx2 to the same level, to get the "normal" behaviour that was sampled from the unit.
but you can experiment with fx2, to see if you get results that you like.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RE301 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:36 pm

No doubt its been covered elsewhere in the forum but what should I be looking at with Nebula settings to make sure the reverb tails / decay are perfect?
RE301

Postby hopsing » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:06 pm

I just want to express how much I love that reverb. Found it just 2 weeks ago. The VNXT 140 is an all time favourite of mine already, but this one seems to top it. So 3D, it is almost scary for a sampled software reverb. I have no idea if I simply like the gold foil better than the plate, or maybe the sampling process got even better in the meantime, but than a rework of the emt140 would be a good idea.
Thanks for those great reverbs again!
hopsing
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RE301 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:41 pm

@ Mathias - How are you getting VNXTe240 to run on a 2009 Macbook Pro? Are you using the GPU & CUDA? I am curious because the VNXT reverbs bring my Macbook (2011) to it's knees!
RE301

Postby mathias » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:32 pm

:D yeah, can be quite challenging in big mixes. freezing is your friend on older systems ...

for reverbs with longer tails, i always set the dsp buffer in nebula up to at least 4096. with this setting the vnxt240 plate with maximum tail uses around 25 % on my dualcore cpu. so there is some power left for other things.
if you don't need the long tail, but like the overall sound of the "max" program, you can shorten the main kernel, which will bring the cpu needs down also.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries