Login

Can someone explain how Henry Olonga's libraries work?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Can someone explain how Henry Olonga's libraries work?

Postby robbies88@gmail.com » Wed May 27, 2015 12:20 am

I have the Channel strip, fairchild, and helios libraries. I can't seem to figure out how GDrive works and the gainstaging. When I insert an instance of one of his libraries the input meter is barely moving unless I crank Gdrive but when I bring that up I get pumping compression... Also what is the "DIM SEL"?

Thanks in advance!
robbies88@gmail.com
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Can someone explain how Henry Olonga's libraries work?

Postby gurth » Wed May 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Hij there, gdrive is boosting the input and lowering the output at the same time, the compression is probably an overload safety in nebula because your input is too hot. You could insert a meter in front of the input so you can see how loud it really is.it should be around -16.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby sfabs » Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Use a VU meter plugin to gainstage correctly.

Sleepy time records do a great plugin suite for free that includes a Mono and Stereo VU Meter that you can insert to check the input signal isn't too hot. you can set the VU meter zero level on the plugin to represent what Henry's libraries are set to.

It is possible you are turning the G drive up too high to the point where you get artifacts and see clipping although perhaps someone else can commeent on that...?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby robbies88@gmail.com » Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 pm

I have VU plugins and I'm hitting -18dbfs RMS before Olonga's library. Still shows around -20 on the Nebula Input VU meter but the output meter is correct. Turning the Gdrive up even 2db starts compressing the signal.

I must be missing something.
robbies88@gmail.com
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to 3rd party libraries