Login

CDS FAST FET Compressor FOR PC VST NOW AVAILABLE!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDS FAST FET Compressor FOR PC VST NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks everyone for helping on this. My apologies for being off topic :oops:

My initial testing with 'LINEAR' mode seems the solution. Tried it on CDS's N-at-10 eq, and knobs work as I'm use to. 8-) This is actually good because I'd stop using these [all] after shortly purchasing and just went back to the Nebula libraries.

Just need to see if everything else behaves :|

Thanks again.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Great! Enjoy!

RJHollins wrote:Thanks everyone for helping on this. My apologies for being off topic :oops:

My initial testing with 'LINEAR' mode seems the solution. Tried it on CDS's N-at-10 eq, and knobs work as I'm use to. 8-) This is actually good because I'd stop using these [all] after shortly purchasing and just went back to the Nebula libraries.

Thanks again.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kindafishy » Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 am

RJHollins wrote:Thanks everyone for helping on this. My apologies for being off topic :oops:

Thanks again.

No problem. The N-TEN-AT4 is actually the EQ that prompted me to bother Michael to no end to help me figure out how to get linear behaviour with the knobs. It's my every-day EQ and you can just try to pry it from my cold, dead hands, thank you very much.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mtalavera » Sun May 24, 2015 5:42 am

Michael, I'm about to purchase this and am also looking over all your libraries for your just announced buy-one-get-one-free sale. Is there any reason to have this and "1176 Blackface U-Classics" Nebula library, or does this new product kind of have that preamp built in?
mtalavera

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi Mtalavera,
You can choose either way.
Since the Fast Fet contains much of the character of the original device- it makes sense to take advantage of all levels of VVKT operating on the volume depth dynamics and harmonics- they sound fantastic together.
But, because the Fast Fet is also its own entity- I have used an original hardware to capture important real elements and made my own personal choice changes to optimize, improve, and create something that is a new design with the character built-in, AND it does have its own extremely rich harmonics.

If you are looking at the FET76 preamp, NebPro or PC VST, in use with any 76 emu plug-in in general, then yes absolutely FAST FET is an ideal one to use it with.

If you are just after a super rich textured comp that is a FET-based comp with its own character and color but also much of the original character intact- then I say you can go either way with using the FET76 along with it. You will not find it redundant to use the FET76 with it if trying to bring more volume-based detail from original settings.

mtalavera wrote:Michael, I'm about to purchase this and am also looking over all your libraries for your just announced buy-one-get-one-free sale. Is there any reason to have this and "1176 Blackface U-Classics" Nebula library, or does this new product kind of have that preamp built in?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries