Login

CDS FAST FET Compressor FOR PC VST NOW AVAILABLE!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDS FAST FET Compressor FOR PC VST NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu May 21, 2015 6:49 am

Thanks Swang!

SWANG wrote:thanks, michael! just checked out the audio samples. great stuff! congratz on the new release...

cdsoundmaster wrote:Hi Swang,
Actually, Mode 1 is based on the response with a "1 attack 1 release" position in 4:1, but all settings are edited to be a super-betterized compressor all around.

The response in this mode has the classic fast "pop" at the start of a deeply compressed signal that sounds great on drums and with less threshold controls things like bass and vocals nicely with an attitude, but I've improved this response so that following transients get more control as well.

Download the audio samples and you will hear the range of controls available- it sounds super rich and analog-ized :-) Wow I'm making up all sorts of new words!

The files end with the number that corresponds to the mode used.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:58 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Well have our own recording studio language if we put our heads together! :-)

richie43 wrote:This release is a monster. Deceptively versatile and VERY "analogized" and "betterified" (an adaptation of your new word...lol)

We "will"? Already do!!
Great compressor plugin too!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri May 22, 2015 5:39 am

You're right- what was I thinking? We already have our own studio language! :-)
richie43 wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:Well have our own recording studio language if we put our heads together! :-)

richie43 wrote:This release is a monster. Deceptively versatile and VERY "analogized" and "betterified" (an adaptation of your new word...lol)

We "will"? Already do!!
Great compressor plugin too!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 22, 2015 5:56 am

?question on the CDS VST plugins?

The way the knobs work :shock: From early VST plugs, the knob position would change to the point the mouse click occured at. Honestly ... I found that to be a unusable design [for me at least].

Has this been changed with the newer releases ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kindafishy » Fri May 22, 2015 2:38 pm

RJHollins wrote:?question on the CDS VST plugins?

The way the knobs work :shock: From early VST plugs, the knob position would change to the point the mouse click occured at. Honestly ... I found that to be a unusable design [for me at least].

I had this same issue, but Michael dug around and found a solution! Since you use REAPER (but I assume every host can do this), open up Preferences and go to "VST -> Knob mode:" and change it to "linear". Restart REAPER so all your VSTs reload.

Voila! Beautiful.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 23, 2015 6:05 pm

I believe there is a way to adjust your personal knob movement choice in any DAW. :-)

kindafishy wrote:
RJHollins wrote:?question on the CDS VST plugins?

I had this same issue, but Michael dug around and found a solution! Since you use REAPER (but I assume every host can do this), open up Preferences and go to "VST -> Knob mode:" and change it to "linear". Restart REAPER so all your VSTs reload.

Voila! Beautiful.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Is this a GLOBAL adjustment ???

What happens with the 99% of my other VST plugins that work already as expected ?

To be clear ... the CDS knobs jump to the location the pointer is at when clicked ... all other plugs just allow the knob/slider to be moved into position.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 pm

RJHollins wrote:Is this a GLOBAL adjustment ???

What happens with the 99% of my other VST plugins that work already as expected ?

To be clear ... the CDS knobs jump to the location the pointer is at when clicked ... all other plugs just allow the knob/slider to be moved into position.

thx

I just made the change in Reaper and have not yet tried EVERY plugin, but so far so good. But yes, this is a global change within Reaper. Just try it and see if it works for you.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kindafishy » Sat May 23, 2015 7:20 pm

thx

It fixes the jumpyness for sure. Perhaps a downside for someone could potentially be that it makes all knobs linear, so you click and move your mouse up and down to rotate instead of doing a circular motion. This is not a downside to me because this is how I want all knobs to operate - I hate the circular motion, so YMMV, NTTAWWT, etc...

The setting I mentioned is global, but knowing REAPER, there will be individual settings for each plugin as well. Poke around or ask in the REAPER forums for help if global doesn't work for you.

Trust me, this made a WORLD of difference to me in terms of usability.

Try it! You can always just switch it back if you don't like it. There's not much in the way of commitment regrets here...
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 23, 2015 7:37 pm

There is also a hold key to do the same without changing any universal prefs.
To be clear- knobs only turn if clicked on.
Holding down the left mouse and move to position-voila. I do not remember if it is ctrl,alt,shift- to hold down to change to linear in Reaper.

kindafishy wrote:

thx

It fixes the jumpyness for sure. Perhaps a downside for someone could potentially be that it makes all knobs linear, so you click and move your mouse up and down to rotate instead of doing a circular motion. This is not a downside to me because this is how I want all knobs to operate - I hate the circular motion, so YMMV, NTTAWWT, etc...

The setting I mentioned is global, but knowing REAPER, there will be individual settings for each plugin as well. Poke around or ask in the REAPER forums for help if global doesn't work for you.

Trust me, this made a WORLD of difference to me in terms of usability.

Try it! You can always just switch it back if you don't like it. There's not much in the way of commitment regrets here...
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries