Login

New Blue mu Comp/Limiter,NOW ADDED REDUCTION METER SKIN

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Blue mu Comp/Limiter,NOW ADDED REDUCTION METER SKIN

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri May 29, 2015 11:24 pm

evaderod wrote:Extremely excited about the new 3A! Looking forward to the release, my piggy bank is waiting!

Yeah it's close :-)

-----------------

I'll take this opertunity to explain why it's taken longer than I expected .
Part of the reason it takes so long is finding a way of bypassing the filter in the side chain or eliminating it on sampling. If you don't get rid of this you get a huge bass boost upon gain reduction in the emulation. Of course this is completely wrong, that's not to say it can't sound good. Anyway I've had to deal with this a few times before.. And it's working great!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Sat May 30, 2015 12:46 am

evaderod wrote:A question. Are there any settings in mast to change using new gain reduction meter skin?

Thanks

for leds calibrated to 0dbfs I like to use meter:2 Peak
jpn

Postby sfabs » Sat May 30, 2015 11:30 am

jpn wrote:
evaderod wrote:A question. Are there any settings in mast to change using new gain reduction meter skin?

Thanks

for leds calibrated to 0dbfs I like to use meter:2 Peak

Does that mean Tim's libraries are calibrated to operate best at 0DBFS rather than -18 like a number of other developer libraries?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat May 30, 2015 12:33 pm

In general Use the -18rms rule...

The reduction meter needed to be programmed different from normal meters to make it work, I believe this is what Jpn is saying.

Tip on setup in master page

Use 5.0ms GUI
Use a low buffer between 128-512 the lower you go the quicker the meter reacts.

Lastly you can try changing meter type, Jpn is recommending peak.

However,Overall the reaction time is controlled somewhere inside the preset. This is something that needs to be fine tuned. I don't recommend users playing with this part. Once you use the tips above, the meters should work pretty well.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Hey Tim! Just a quick question that if you can answer may be helpful to others.....
As you release more and more libraries/presets that come with custom skins, do these presets also work well with the ugly default red skin? Of course they work sonically, I am asking about the visual functionality. I personally am used to the numerical read-out in Nebula and have never relied on meters so much, even with hardware (ears all the way!). And as you know from our seemingly endless emails, I have also had odd issues with many of the non-default skins, so I am still trying to use only the default (my issues seem to be very specific to my system, so all of you folks reading this, DON'T START FREAKING OUT ABOUT SKINS!!).
Libraries like EQ's and your amazing filters are fine, obviously. I am referring mostly to the current compressors and their metering. Thanks!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat May 30, 2015 6:30 pm

richie43 wrote:Hey Tim! Just a quick question that if you can answer may be helpful to others.....
As you release more and more libraries/presets that come with custom skins, do these presets also work well with the ugly default red skin? Of course they work sonically, I am asking about the visual functionality. I personally am used to the numerical read-out in Nebula and have never relied on meters so much, even with hardware (ears all the way!). And as you know from our seemingly endless emails, I have also had odd issues with many of the non-default skins, so I am still trying to use only the default (my issues seem to be very specific to my system, so all of you folks reading this, DON'T START FREAKING OUT ABOUT SKINS!!).
Libraries like EQ's and your amazing filters are fine, obviously. I am referring mostly to the current compressors and their metering. Thanks!

Using red skin will work fine you just won't Have the GR meters....
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks Tim. I guess what I am asking refers more to the already existing gain reduction "metering" that Nebula displays numerically.....Should anything in MAST page change to reflect any changes in the comp, or are the changes mentioned in the above posts specifically for the visuals with the new custom skin?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat May 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Yes the meters numerically will be affected in the same way!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Yes the meters numerically will be affected in the same way!

So I should still make the same changes in the MAST page as has been suggested here? That's the info I needed!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:This week!

kindafishy wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:preview of next comp on the site :lol:

When is this one scheduled for release, Tim? I'm on this day one. Been waiting for it. I needs it. "Today" is good for me.

Also x filter v2 and tape will be next week,

week 3 will be sum 100a v2

Any news?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries