Login

New Blue mu Comp/Limiter,NOW ADDED REDUCTION METER SKIN

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Blue mu Comp/Limiter,NOW ADDED REDUCTION METER SKIN

Postby sfabs » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Tim...

Quick question about Nebula Server Ultimate release...

Just got the product in the black friday sale... am currently using neb pro version 1.3.8xx (as i never went to 1.3.903 as i heard a number of people had issues)

Apparently Neb server ultimate is on version 1.4

Have you had a chance to use or test on your libraries, core 7 and other advances sound exciting but am concerned about installing and having difficulties with existing libraries and I use your libraries ALOT! yes i will do back ups so i can revert but i thought best to ask before diving in...

thanks as always :) :) :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm not sure if you can update from your current version to ultimate. Best ask Acustica. I went from 1.3.903 to 1.4.009.

1.4.009 I noticed changed the OPT TIMED in the master page. Apparently this is for zero latency when I asked. Now this is in reverb version too and when I tested It increased CPU load, so I turned OPT timed mode to the regular setting which is no.5 (.009 is set to No.3), Then CPU went back to normal. I have not used any Core 7 stuff and we can't use it yet I think. This library and other library's will Not change by using the latest version but i'll do some research for the future and Future libraries.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby waffleneck » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:27 pm

sfabs wrote:Hi Tim...

Quick question about Nebula Server Ultimate release...

Just got the product in the black friday sale... am currently using neb pro version 1.3.8xx (as i never went to 1.3.903 as i heard a number of people had issues)

Apparently Neb server ultimate is on version 1.4

Have you had a chance to use or test on your libraries, core 7 and other advances sound exciting but am concerned about installing and having difficulties with existing libraries and I use your libraries ALOT! yes i will do back ups so i can revert but i thought best to ask before diving in...

thanks as always :) :) :)

I updated. It was a mistake for me. Now I've got this glitchy beepy noise coming through on some of the libraries. In particular I notice with T-Tape. Maybe because I use it a lot:}

I would say hold off. I started a support ticket about it. Waiting to see but I might revert back to 1.3.846 which was working fine. It means updating a bunch of copies of Nebula too! I just started using Nebula setups to create custom versions, which is awesome, but it's a lot of work when you want to update.
Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue, D361, Emerald, EQP1, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Bundle, Purple Bundle, Red, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White
waffleneck
User Level X
User Level X

Postby bryan7nebula » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:26 am

Regarding Skins:

I was going to post something a few weeks or months ago, but I decided not to because I didn't want to rain on anyone's "skin" fun. But I found the following issue with JPN's skins in Ableton. There is some type of UI file size buffer, at least in Ableton. When you exceed that buffer, things get weird. If you look at the file sizes of some of JPN's skins, they can be as large as 10-15 megs. If you have 20 instances of his skins in your projects, you have a considerable amount of data used for skins. I now prefer to use JPN's skin called small because I can load as many instances as I want and not have issues (it's like 400k or something). When using JPN's larger skins, I would sometimes watch my plugin UI disappear or not appear at all.

I don't know why the skins have to be so big in file size. Perhaps Nebula doesn't allow for PNG or JPG images?

Also, on another note, it is frustrating that upgrading Nebula always feels like a risky proposition. I am a Nebula Pro user, and I am not happy that I will have to upgrade to "Ultimate." I am sure there will be unexpected "features".

Cest la vie.
bryan7nebula
User Level V
User Level V

Postby waffleneck » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:21 am

I've gone back to Version 1.3.846. It's working great!
I used Nebula Setups to individually open each setup and then when I saved, it used the installed version of Nebula to create the copies. So now all copies of Nebula are back to fully functioning version 1.3.846.

What's more, the tubes I ordered came in the mail today and I installed them in my Tube Vitalizer. I got to A/B my track with new tubes against the version I output yesterday. Without changing any controls, the sound improved immensely. I needed to have the original Nebula setup to perform this test properly. It was really no problem reverting back. It took about an hour.

The JJ Electronic gold pin ECC803s are quite a step up from the stock Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes that were in the unit that I got used 2 years ago. More full sound thru the mids. Thicker and better. Not so thin in the highs.
Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue, D361, Emerald, EQP1, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Bundle, Purple Bundle, Red, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White
waffleneck
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:39 am

waffleneck wrote:I've gone back to Version 1.3.846. It's working great!
I used Nebula Setups to individually open each setup and then when I saved, it used the installed version of Nebula to create the copies. So now all copies of Nebula are back to fully functioning version 1.3.846.

What's more, the tubes I ordered came in the mail today and I installed them in my Tube Vitalizer. I got to A/B my track with new tubes against the version I output yesterday. Without changing any controls, the sound improved immensely. I needed to have the original Nebula setup to perform this test properly. It was really no problem reverting back. It took about an hour.

The JJ Electronic gold pin ECC803s are quite a step up from the stock Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes that were in the unit that I got used 2 years ago. More full sound thru the mids. Thicker and better. Not so thin in the highs.

By the way, you can update all of your nebula setups at once with Nebula Setups, you don't need to open any of them. Just select all of them ans choose to update all...It's fast and easy.
Also, did you try resetting the OPT TIMED in the master page as Tim suggested? I am running the newest server version and have zero problems with any libraries. PM me if you need some help (I am a Neb freak and have had some people bail me out when I was new...Now it's my turn to try to return the favors)
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:45 am

bryan7nebula wrote:Regarding Skins:

I was going to post something a few weeks or months ago, but I decided not to because I didn't want to rain on anyone's "skin" fun. But I found the following issue with JPN's skins in Ableton. There is some type of UI file size buffer, at least in Ableton. When you exceed that buffer, things get weird. If you look at the file sizes of some of JPN's skins, they can be as large as 10-15 megs. If you have 20 instances of his skins in your projects, you have a considerable amount of data used for skins. I now prefer to use JPN's skin called small because I can load as many instances as I want and not have issues (it's like 400k or something). When using JPN's larger skins, I would sometimes watch my plugin UI disappear or not appear at all.

I don't know why the skins have to be so big in file size. Perhaps Nebula doesn't allow for PNG or JPG images?

Also, on another note, it is frustrating that upgrading Nebula always feels like a risky proposition. I am a Nebula Pro user, and I am not happy that I will have to upgrade to "Ultimate." I am sure there will be unexpected "features".

Cest la vie.

Hi bryan7nebula

the main factor in the file size of skins is the number of different knobs used , the size of the knobs and the number of .png's used by each knob.

BTW this skin is also very light . You may try :)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28931&p=86729&hilit=valhalla#p86729
jpn

Postby sfabs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:18 pm

waffleneck wrote:I've gone back to Version 1.3.846. It's working great!

I think, just for the minute I will stick with 1.3.846. Just because I'm short of time and don't need disruption right now.
I'm sure a 1.4 update is round the corner, we'll see.

I will be building a new PC I expect soon, I might go with Ultimate on that PC. I'll follow Tim's suggestion and perhaps hitup Ritchie for some help getting it working correctly. Thanks for all your tips guys
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:09 pm

sfabs wrote:I think, just for the minute I will stick with 1.3.846. Just because I'm short of time and don't need disruption right now.
I'm sure a 1.4 update is round the corner, we'll see.

I will be building a new PC I expect soon, I might go with Ultimate on that PC. I'll follow Tim's suggestion and perhaps hitup Ritchie for some help getting it working correctly. Thanks for all your tips guys

I don't know what the huge problems are that people are encountering (I am not doubting that the problems are real, I literally don't understand them, that's all). I have had very few problems, including with the upgrade.
I know that there is a problem with the installer not giving you options to pick a location for your dll's, so if a user is not as comfortable digging in their computer to find them and cup/paste them to wherever they want, then that certainly could cause problems (like if you have multiple sets of dll's with the same names.... :shock: ). Nebula is not for the lazy, for sure! :P
But I can say that while I am fairly adept with this stuff, I wasn't always (I am old-school, some would even say "old", and just 8 7 years ago did not even own an audio computer...just web browsing was my computer experience), so if I can "master" this, anyone can.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries