Login

Nebula4 Roadmap?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Nebula4 Roadmap?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am

will nebula 4 be able to do the same as current aquas do ?
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:Sorry for bringing a nebula 3 question again, i tried to start a neb 3 thread on this but it took so long and no answer

Is nebula3 server mush more powerful than neb3 pro ? I can barely run two instances of Gene Lennon verbs on neb3 pro on my mac mini i7 late 2012

Im running LPX in 44,1

Thanks for answers in advance :)

reverbs *are* heavy
The will be ligher, though.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:Sorry for bringing a nebula 3 question again, i tried to start a neb 3 thread on this but it took so long and no answer

Is nebula3 server mush more powerful than neb3 pro ? I can barely run two instances of Gene Lennon verbs on neb3 pro on my mac mini i7 late 2012

Im running LPX in 44,1

Thanks for answers in advance :)

Send us a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:10 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:will nebula 4 be able to do the same as current aquas do ?

Acqua Effects are Nebula4 libraries.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:03 am

Support wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:will nebula 4 be able to do the same as current aquas do ?

Acqua Effects are Nebula4 libraries.

so what this means is that is really no point in buying new aquas when the nebula 4 hits since they are the same ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:03 am

the question is also: Nice to have core 6 and soon core 7 in nebula server... but which library-developer already uses the new feature for nebula 3?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 pm

flipnaut wrote:the question is also: Nice to have core 6 and soon core 7 in nebula server... but which library-developer already uses the new feature for nebula 3?

Fortunately, no one. 3rd library developers are library developers they don't beta test.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby udo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Support wrote:
flipnaut wrote:the question is also: Nice to have core 6 and soon core 7 in nebula server... but which library-developer already uses the new feature for nebula 3?

Fortunately, no one. 3rd library developers are library developers they don't beta test.

But therefore 3rd party developers produce libraries of excellent quality and stability hardly any bugs or other malfunctions like most of the acqua plugins which are even beta tested, but still are not as functional as they are supposed be. So don't sit too high on the horse - it's sill a long way to go until AA acquas become something professional!
udo
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby botus99 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 pm

udo wrote:But therefore 3rd party developers produce libraries of excellent quality and stability hardly any bugs or other malfunctions like most of the acqua plugins which are even beta tested, but still are not as functional as they are supposed be. So don't sit too high on the horse - it's sill a long way to go until AA acquas become something professional!

That's because a developer makes their product for Nebula 3; a plugin that already works. Developers only need to make the library to their standard within Nebula 3, but Acustica's Acqua's are based on Nebula 4. So not only are they doing everything the developers are doing, they are integrating it into an entirely new engine! New engines have bugs, it happens. BUT I'm extremely glad that they let us "public beta" the Acquas. Why? Because you get the product sooner, it quickly gets better with updates (not to mention unexpected updates from time to time with older ones), and Acustica gets to see exactly how the new engine plays with everyone's setups.

If Acustica had deep pockets, then yeah they would be expected to test everything before releasing anything. But that's not the case here.

The requirements for a "professional" plugin are entirely subjective. Like for me, my prerequisite is that it sounds professional and processes audio. Couldn't care less what it looks like or if I have to deal with a few quirks. If it sounds that good, then it's worth it to me. In that regard, Acustica is the ONLY professional plugin company as far as I'm concerned. Just my 2 cents
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:20 pm

botus99 wrote: ...Acustica's Acqua's are based on Nebula 4. So not only are they doing everything the developers are doing, they are integrating it into an entirely new engine! New engines have bugs, it happens. BUT I'm extremely glad that they let us "public beta" the Acquas.

Shooting at 2 moving targets...good point, not everyone appreciates this. I didn't think about it till you mentioned it. Seems to be real bleeding edge! :)
kylen

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries