Re: Nebula4 Roadmap?

Postby giancarlo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:06 pm

yes, it should
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:17 am

i want nebula pro today hehe , but it just feels wrong to buy nebula3 now since nebula4 is around the corner and there is no upgrade
it will be a pain waiting 7-8 months though :shock:
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:15 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:i want nebula pro today hehe , but it just feels wrong to buy nebula3 now since nebula4 is around the corner and there is no upgrade
it will be a pain waiting 7-8 months though :shock:

I would bet there is going to be an upgrade path, so you may end up paying exactly the same amount of money by just getting Nebula3 Pro today that you would by waiting and buying Nebula4. Maybe there will be an upgrade fee, who knows. But what you will be missing out on is using Nebula today. I have many Acqua plugins, but my main usage is with Nebula3 Server and all the great consoles, EQ's, compressors, and tape machine libraries that are at your disposal now. So there is really no benefit to waiting.
mtalavera

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 am

im pretty sure it was said there wont be an upgrade from neb3 to neb4 by G
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 am

well it was explained elsewhere, I'll post it too.

Nebula4 is in developement on the engine side. I think one of latest cores for nebula4 will be Core7 or Core8, not higher. Core7 alone would be a good candidate for nebula4, for a lot of reasons you'll see. Also nebula3 server will be Core7.

Nebula4 is a wrapper built on nebula3 server, with more gui capabilities, so almost the same product. The new gui capabilities and the new engine capabilities were already developed for acquas, so there is nothing new to do. Than there is this rack concept.

It will be sold as a different product, for the first time and it will NOT be a replacement. Transition from nebula3 to nebula4 should be cheap enough, but you will not pay the difference as usually (since it is a new product, while nebula2, nebula3, nebula3 pro and nebula3 server are almost the same one).

Planned release date is 2016. I'll meet franci around the end of august and we'll plan everything, making a roadmap, so we can tell you more about a possible release time, which I hope will be in the first 6 months.

Acquas are skinned libraries for nebula4. Our engine developements tested in our acqua products were necessary, they are a sort of transition to the new architecture:

- better or zero latency
- ligher cpu
- faster loading timings
- optimizations on memory usage
- routed nebula instances
- multithreaded architecture
- advanced skinning engine

and so on

It is the reason why you can load many acquas and less nebulas at the same settings (keeping in mind acquas are running easily 7-8 nebula instances at once).

disclaimer: we don't know how many features will be included in nebula4 since the beginning, I mean on the gui side / and gui is important in order to control the inner architecture properly. Exactly like we did for nebula3 we'll add features later. For example: it is possible you will not able to mix different eq bands since the beginning. We usually start launching a product with a subset of functionalities and we work in order to add missing features later.

Now my highest priority is Core7. No Core7, no party (again, you'll understand immediatly the reason why we need it).

disclaimer2: we will NOT remove nebula3 (pro) from the shop. We wait there is a consensus on nebula4. When a new version of product X is released it is possible people prefers the old one. Since nebula3 is widely used we'll wait till there is enough userbase for nebula4. We did it for nebula2, it was removed around 1 year ago. We did it for nebula3 standard, it was removed this year. We try to not force a product, never.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:02 am

so if i buy nebula3 pro today i wont have to pay full price for nebula4 ? :)

is there anything nebula3 does that nebula4 cant do , what i mean is there any point in using nebula3 when nebula4 hits ? :)
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:36 am

yes exactly
Anyway you will not pay the difference as usually - otherwise I would be forced to make n4 too much expensive
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby RE301 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 am

giancarlo wrote: acquas are running easily 7-8 nebula instances at once).

Interesting to know !
RE301

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:43 pm

sorry for being a little off topic :(

Nebula3 Pro Bundle does it work in Logic pro X ?
What is the difference between pro and server ?
someone say nebula pro is working great in Logic X
is nebula3 pro regular actually 64 bit ?
it doesn't say so in the store

the reason i ask :
i actually want the server but the cash is a little low right now
so the plan is to upgrade to nebula server in couple of weeks :)
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:28 pm

buying neb pro you have everything
You can upgrade to server later
Before buying check you love nebula free workflow
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext