Login

Nebula4 Roadmap?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Nebula4 Roadmap?

Postby Dimzo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:45 pm

cool, looking forward to what core7 brings to the table and also neb4.
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby kylen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:09 pm

giancarlo wrote:...
Nebula4 is planned for next year, it could be around the first semester. It depends on the speedness of franci, which is helping our team right now :) We are currently working on nebula4 core, named Core7. You'll understand the reason of it very soon :)
Many things will be anticipated in acqua plugins and even nebula3

I'm a little miffed about this. Great that there is a planned timeframe for Nebula4(Nebula7).

What isn't great is that I had spent mucho Euros on supporting an effort for what I believed would lead into the release of Nebula4 (because Acustica-_Audio was getting capital from Acqua purchases to run R&D) by buying as many of the purported excellent Acqua plugins as I could afford. Because there is no demo I bought on faith. Only to find out that they all need updates to work properly, and I kept them, on faith that they would be updated to sound excellent, and in some cases the promo indicated they were the best thing in the world. Then the next Acqua comes out - now IT is the best thing in the world, and again and again. Well ok, now I am broke for Acqua priced plugins but am hoping to see Nebula 4. Only to see that Pearl (as deemed on gearslutz) is actually THE BEST Eq in the world and I didn't have the money to buy it or the ability to test it myself (and then rob a bank to purchase it). Now the news that Nebula4 is coming out NEXT YEAR... :(

I am stupid for believing in all of this... please kick this man.
kylen

Postby FitFreddy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:02 am

Same as above but thats to be expected considering the audio market nowadays, i guess we are living in an updating world ! anyway... Can't wait for AAX version of Nebula ! Will the other acqua plugins also get the AAX update ?
FitFreddy
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Will The Weirdo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:45 pm

I gotta say, you may want to change the way you are looking at this a little, you sound as if you are whining about the best plugin technology available today. Please stop acting so spoiled, go price the hardware that you are able to purchase in Acqua form. Your lack of appreciation is almost comical, if not sad.

As to which tool is "the best", each have their place. Your plugins all work, all do the task they were created for. Yes, your investment has help fund further development of new tools, don't be upset that those tools are not affordable to you. Each Acqua is of a specific piece of hardware, you may want to spend time getting to know what the hardware does and sounds like before you buy it. If the hardware is not up your alley sonically, you may want to skip the Acqua version.

Don't be upset at a company that delivered a sonically superior tool. That tool worked as advertised when you purchased it, and still works. If they develop a lower CPU tool, like Core 6 or 7, hope they update the tool you purchased, but don't expect they will. Use what great tools you have to create great art, not perpetuate negativity online. That thinking removes you from your creative self, and is beneath you.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.2, Reaper 5, Live 9.6

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase
Will The Weirdo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby spigon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 pm

kylen wrote:
Nebula4 is planned for next year, it could be around the first semester. It depends on the speedness of franci, which is helping our team right now :) We are currently working on nebula4 core, named Core7. You'll understand the reason of it very soon :)

I'm a little miffed about this. Great that there is a planned timeframe for Nebula4(Nebula7).

What isn't great is that I had spent mucho Euros on supporting an effort for what I believed would lead into the release of Nebula4 (because Acustica-_Audio was getting capital from Acqua purchases to run R&D) by buying as many of the purported excellent Acqua plugins as I could afford. Because there is no demo I bought on faith. Only to find out that they all need updates to work properly, and I kept them, on faith that they would be updated to sound excellent, and in some cases the promo indicated they were the best thing in the world. Then the next Acqua comes out - now IT is the best thing in the world, and again and again. Well ok, now I am broke for Acqua priced plugins but am hoping to see Nebula 4. Only to see that Pearl (as deemed on gearslutz) is actually THE BEST Eq in the world and I didn't have the money to buy it or the ability to test it myself (and then rob a bank to purchase it). Now the news that Nebula4 is coming out NEXT YEAR... :(

Your thought process on this is all wrong due to what seems like a lack of knowledge. Each and every release of Aqua is indeed leading to the next release of Nebula I.E. Nebula 4. As Aqua and Nebula 4 are one in the same essentially. None of which needs "updates" to work properly; you honestly need to learn how to use your tools. There was been several because who mixed whole albums using exclusively nebula 3 library without any trouble other then a new workflow. So I have no idea of what you speak of when you are saying the any of the Aqua plugs needed update to be functional aside from maybe the Prime plugins and the whole hold feature debacle. Lastly the reason why this whole event is taking so long is because of hardware topology.

Every hardware has it's own topology and way of using such things. For example a Pendulum Es8, Manely Vari-mu, Fairchild, Knif Pure Mu, and Fairman's TMC are all of the vari-mu topology yet all have different sound and behavior. Acustica Audio is working hard to create an engine that will realistic capture all this. Just like how they had to create a completely new algorithm to be able to capture a multi-band compressor.

I am not trying to put you down or anything of the sort. It is just the fact that stuff like this takes time. Especially for such a smaller team. So either support them or don't. But try not to complain about frivolous things.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby constantin.aliferis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote:I gotta say, you may want to change the way you are looking at this a little, you sound as if you are whining about the best plugin technology available today. Please stop acting so spoiled, go price the hardware that you are able to purchase in Acqua form. Your lack of appreciation is almost comical, if not sad.

As to which tool is "the best", each have their place. Your plugins all work, all do the task they were created for. Yes, your investment has help fund further development of new tools, don't be upset that those tools are not affordable to you. Each Acqua is of a specific piece of hardware, you may want to spend time getting to know what the hardware does and sounds like before you buy it. If the hardware is not up your alley sonically, you may want to skip the Acqua version.

Don't be upset at a company that delivered a sonically superior tool. That tool worked as advertised when you purchased it, and still works. If they develop a lower CPU tool, like Core 6 or 7, hope they update the tool you purchased, but don't expect they will. Use what great tools you have to create great art, not perpetuate negativity online. That thinking removes you from your creative self, and is beneath you.

I think this sermon omitted that nebula 4 will be afforded
to all faithful in...the afterlife :lol:
constantin.aliferis
User Level II
User Level II

Postby constantin.aliferis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:42 pm

spigon wrote:
kylen wrote:

Your thought process on this is all wrong due to what seems like a lack of knowledge. Each and every release of Aqua is indeed leading to the next release of Nebula I.E. Nebula 4. As Aqua and Nebula 4 are one in the same essentially. None of which needs "updates" to work properly; you honestly need to learn how to use your tools. There was been several because who mixed whole albums using exclusively nebula 3 library without any trouble other then a new workflow. So I have no idea of what you speak of when you are saying the any of the Aqua plugs needed update to be functional aside from maybe the Prime plugins and the whole hold feature debacle. Lastly the reason why this whole event is taking so long is because of hardware topology.

Every hardware has it's own topology and way of using such things. For example a Pendulum Es8, Manely Vari-mu, Fairchild, Knif Pure Mu, and Fairman's TMC are all of the vari-mu topology yet all have different sound and behavior. Acustica Audio is working hard to create an engine that will realistic capture all this. Just like how they had to create a completely new algorithm to be able to capture a multi-band compressor.

I am not trying to put you down or anything of the sort. It is just the fact that stuff like this takes time. Especially for such a smaller team. So either support them or don't. But try not to complain about frivolous things.

You are not trying to put him down? I dare not imagine what you would tell him if you were trying to put him down then...
constantin.aliferis
User Level II
User Level II

Postby kylen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:29 am

@ wierdo & spi - I have my stupid opinion, you guys enjoy your own stupid opinions and thoughts, bite me... :evil:
kylen

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:24 pm

will nebula4 be able to run nebula3 library's ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 pm

I believe it was said somewhere on this forum that new versions of Nebula are intended to be backwards compatible with older Nebula libraries (?)...
RE301

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries