Login

Nebula4 Roadmap?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Nebula4 Roadmap?

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 am

too much speculation ... not enough time.

What I can say, as a member of the beta-testing team, I've not heard or read anything that questions current Nebula libraries [3rd party] being issue with the Neb-4 development. If there was ... how could we beta-test ?

It 'may' be that current libraries will not take full use of all features of Neb-4, but I'm not hearing or saying that. But SHOULD there be, I would suspect that the main VECTORs would be fine, and that possibly the PRESET may need to be updated. Again ... we've not heard this as 'testers'.

Reading the post [several up] from <G> seems to clarify that Neb-4 can be thought of as a 'rack' that can internally contain multiple Nebulas, all accessed from a single GUI interface. [in its' most simplistic description. The 'engine' of Neb-4 is what's being developed.

These are my observations, for whatever worth.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby wagz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:27 am

RJHollins wrote:

Thank you!
wagz
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby constantin.aliferis » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:46 pm

RJHollins wrote:too much speculation ... not enough time.

What I can say, as a member of the beta-testing team, I've not heard or read anything that questions current Nebula libraries [3rd party] being issue with the Neb-4 development. If there was ... how could we beta-test ?

It 'may' be that current libraries will not take full use of all features of Neb-4, but I'm not hearing or saying that. But SHOULD there be, I would suspect that the main VECTORs would be fine, and that possibly the PRESET may need to be updated. Again ... we've not heard this as 'testers'.

Reading the post [several up] from <G> seems to clarify that Neb-4 can be thought of as a 'rack' that can internally contain multiple Nebulas, all accessed from a single GUI interface. [in its' most simplistic description. The 'engine' of Neb-4 is what's being developed.

Thanks for clarifying! One more question:
Has Nebula 4 a zero latency option?
constantin.aliferis
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jfjer379 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 pm

adding several instances
of current neb libs will not be an option on release,
its confirmed in GS Acustica Audio aqua general plugins discussion thread by G

the worst part for me is that when this feature is opened up current libs will use a very long time loading up many current neb libs and really bring CPU and ram to its knees

Thanks for being very honest about it giancarlo :)

so what are the nebula 4 strengths compared to Nebula 3 Ultimate?
as right now im really not seeing what im gonna use nebula 4 for at all, since i already got Nebula3 Ultimate

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory2 IAE-2 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries