Login

El Enhancer released! V2 released 17/03/2016

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

El Enhancer released! V2 released 17/03/2016

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 pm

V2-I've updated this to 1102 eq standard. Sonics are improved, also lower cpu.

El Enhancer is based upon a popular Enhancer eq from the 90’s. The Bass enhance gives you some serious sub treatment! Popular for EDM or when you can't get a eq to work the lows!

It’s operation uses a unique phase shift/ boost in order to get it’s eq curves. The curves are based around Equal loudness contours or known as Fletcher-Munson curves. This gives a nice enhance to any source, it’s popularly been used at mastering stage, the results are quick and easy. The sound produce by this unit is very unlike a your regular eq.

The process knob controls the mid range dips and also bass, bass amount can be adjusted separately but still needs the process control to work. I've captured the soft bass only, this is the wider enhancement on the unit. This is because it’s too hard to capture all the phase interactions using interpolation. However I feel I captured the most important aspects of the unit.

Harmonics control is simply a high shelf eq that can be used to balance out the process off the Mid-Bass preset, or it can be used by itself for a unique brilliance.

Features

Equal Loudness style eq curves with bass control preset
Harmonics/Eq high shelf preset
4 sample rates 96, 88.2 ,48 ,44.1khz
New sample techniques applied for maximum transparency.
JPN Skin

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/el-enhancer

Demo added. (Lower quality and restricted to one frequency)

Ps there will be no discount codes available for this release
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: El Enhancer released!!

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:59 pm

purchased!

For peace of mind sake can someone tell me what hardware this was modeled after.
mightymosaic

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 pm

mightymosaic wrote:purchased!

For peace of mind sake can someone tell me what hardware this was modeled after.

Uad does a later tube version. I wanted to call this Vital eq but I couldn't as the name was already used
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Dimzo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 pm

i guess it's a SP(EL) V*talizer because you can tweak the bass region in two directions: soft and tight

Tim Petherick wrote:I've captured the soft bass only

If i am right with my guess then maybe you could think about an update later to include the tight bass, too. If i remember right that worked pretty well for kick drums ;)
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mightymosaic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:

Uad does a later tube version. I wanted to call this Vital eq but I couldn't as the name was already used

Gotcha , lol @ having to read in between the lines.
Last edited by mightymosaic on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightymosaic

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm

The tight side does not extend so much, you can get a very similar sound by applying a filter.

I'm not sure on a update for tight settings but if I did it would not be interpolated just single static settings, that would mean 100's of presets. Imho this is still very versatile set of presets and best of all the sound is totally there!

I used this for the bass drum on these clips, it's not filtered though
https://soundcloud.com/timpetherick/set ... ssing-demo

The reason for this clip i posted on u76 thread-
'I'm adding quite a few instances here and there is a reason. Mainly to show how the bass and transient stays intact better. These are small sampling tweaks, that make a big difference over many instances.

It Includes Gyrator(already released), El enhancer(already released), Blue Mu compressor 15ips T-Tape machine.

Drums by D. Palmer for Beth Porters first album
Mics we used were overheads-Royer, bass-drum Pr40, snare-m201.'
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby mightymosaic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 am

This sounds AMAZING! Tim You're a boss. Im excited for the new releases.
mightymosaic

Postby ianc » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 am

Going on my shopping list in the future as confident tim has got it right and it's another great deal for a useful tool.
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby kylen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Nice Tim - I'm in on this one - will be interesting I'm sure. Just for fun will see if using it along with the SP* plugin is useful. :)
kylen

Postby kylen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 am

Tim - sorry, I can never seem to understand this Stereo/MONO-L setting and how to tell which mode I am in. I'm using Nebula 1.3.846

When I go to KERN page I see .STEREO and above it is T, both the dot before STEREO and the T are flashing. What should I see?
I know this isn't your fault but I want to have the best sound.
Thank you

According to a Tech Tip:
"STEREO/MONO-L: Stereo mode process L audio stream by L kernels and R audio steam by R kernels. Mono mode process L and R audio stream L kernels. If you see STEREO you are in MONO-L and vice versa if you see MONO-L. "
kylen

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries