Login

Help me organize my library

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Help me organize my library

Postby fr3udes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Dears,

I could really use some help organizing my library, it's a mess of type tags (EQU, AMP, REV), product tags (EAR) and for exemple Henry's tags (HO, HOD, HOR), all at the same browsing level.

I'd love to clean all of this and move Olonga's eq into EQU, AITB's reverbs into REV and so on...

I own Nebula MAn and Nebula Setup, if it helps.
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Help me organize my library

Postby russianpolecat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 pm

I use NAT. Whenever I buy a library I personally edit it so that everything refers to the actual hardware, and then I put them in their various categories - EQ, Comp etc. makes it much much easier for me to navigate and make decisions about what I want to use.

Launch NAT3 - editor - list - add (navigate to programs). Edit the category and sub categories - it sounds like that's what you want to do - then hit save. Always have a backup of the original libraries just in case you mess something up!

Hope this helps

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Vando » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:43 pm

NAT or get Zabukowski's Nebula set-ups. With set-ups you can do dedicated Nebulas for EQ's, Compressors, Reverbs and so on, or even make individual Nebs for the most used ones.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpn » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Nebula setups is a very usefull tool to deal with library organization , dedicated skins ... and the inevitable updates.
jpn

Postby fr3udes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks Chris, i think it's the way i want to go ! Will try using NAT.

In use, i think Nebula Setup built plugins are confusing, i always have problems in Cubase founding them, and i think it's better having one host plugin, and multiple presets well organized to choose from.
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby zabukowski » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:25 pm

fr3udes wrote:Thanks Chris, i think it's the way i want to go ! Will try using NAT.

In use, i think Nebula Setup built plugins are confusing, i always have problems in Cubase founding them, and i think it's better having one host plugin, and multiple presets well organized to choose from.

Cubase will always find setup plugins if you have proper naming convention - this is Cubendo specific, no other hosts suffer from this (as i am aware).

Quote from the FAQ document:

Nebula Setups – setups/plug-ins not visible in Cubase/Nuendo

The problem lies in Cubendo's unusual interpretation of plug-in names. Be sure, that setup names differ at least in the 9th character.

Non working example:
EQ – Setup 001.dll
EQ – Setup 002.dll

Working example:
EQ – 0001 Setup.dll
EQ – 0002 Setup.dll

End of quote.

Not sure why Nebula Setups plugins would be confusing ?

Cheers,
Franci
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby fr3udes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 am

Hey Z sorry if i hurt you, i meant confusing to me in my workflow. I still use your software for some, it's still amazing, i bought it, see :-)
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby zabukowski » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:38 pm

fr3udes wrote:Hey Z sorry if i hurt you, i meant confusing to me in my workflow. I still use your software for some, it's still amazing, i bought it, see :-)

No problem at all, i am just trying to help :)

Sorry i didn't realize you are a registered user.

Cheers,
Franci
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby fr3udes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:53 am

@Chris, if i mess up with NAT, will my DAW (Cubase) still load the presets on previous projects ?? Go figure it cannot find the programs which i've changed with NAT, it will be a disaster...

EDIT : seems i cannot manage to have nebula scanning the changes. SCAN_BOOT is set to 1_recovery but it's odd. Sometimes, one program is moved into the changed category, while the rest of the programs don't move. Weird.

EDIT2 : ok, deleted ~scanboot.xml and Temp folder and scan worked. But another problem occured... I'm editing the REV category and i'm on the STN 3K, 5K and 6K. I'm editing this way : REV / STN / M3K or M5K or 6K (which i translate into the real hardware name with the dictionnary file). Well, the 3K and the 6K show well, but the 5K disappear completely, it is even wiped from my Temp folder :-/

Untitled.png
Last edited by fr3udes on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby russianpolecat » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:37 am

Hi. It's good policy to delete all the temp files whenever you update stuff. Usually sorts these kinds of problems.

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries