Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - Neev Collection Released ! N14 N73 N64 N54

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Shuriken wrote:
AlexB wrote:Controls are continuous, please read the user manual.

I've read the manual and I re-read it again. Everything is clearly written, but what confuses me is that I thought on the original unit there are four compressor recovery presets provided (400mS, 800mS, 1500mS and AUTO) and that the controls aren't continuous (correct me if I'm wrong). So when I loaded the library I was surprised that I could set the recovery time between those fixed parameters. Or is that somehow related to the AUTO recovery setting provided on the original unit?
Another library from you, CBC v2 also has continuous controls which are absent on the original unit, so that confused me a little bit.

Hi Shuriken, I think you may be unaware that some devs like to provide a continuous control in their library, because Nebula offers this possibility, even though the sampled hardware controls are stepped. Acqua plugz do this as well. The program "guesses", or calculates, what the hardware behaviour would be if it was not stepped, from the position of two sampled position. This is called interpolation.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Shuriken » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:02 am

AlexB wrote:Controls are continuous
I'm referring to AlexB User Manual.

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Hi Shuriken, I think you may be unaware that some devs like to provide a continuous control in their library, because Nebula offers this possibility, even though the sampled hardware controls are stepped. Acqua plugz do this as well. The program "guesses", or calculates, what the hardware behaviour would be if it was not stepped, from the position of two sampled position. This is called interpolation.

That was the missing piece of the puzzle. Thank you for your clarification, Avgatzeblouz.

I was also wondering how do the programs behave in those newly calculated parameters? Do they sound "artificial"? Any disadvantages of using this method?
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Thierr7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 am

I had N54 for a while but didn't find it quiet useful .i ordered and install N64 yesterday , it really rocks imho ... great sounding comp but i don't know the difference between those 2 ! All i know is they're both sampled from N...e units...

PS: Thanks Alex for the instant download after checking out with Ppal , i really appreciate :)
Thierr7

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries