Login

AlexB - Neev Collection Released ! N14 N73 N64 N54

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Neev Collection Released ! N14 N73 N64 N54

Postby richie43 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 pm

dacaveprods wrote:In my Nebulatemprepository i see VBC PRO program/vector files, is that version 2??? Thanxx in adv...

No, that is V1. The new version is the N14, I just called it "VBC V2" because it is the new sampling of the same hardware from VBC. It is part of the new collection (which is why it is being discussed in this thread). The V1 is a fine console though. I just like the newer stuff better due to Alex's own discoveries and advancements in technique (and in his own gear).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 am

richie43 wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:In my Nebulatemprepository i see VBC PRO program/vector files, is that version 2??? Thanxx in adv...

No, that is V1. The new version is the N14, I just called it "VBC V2" because it is the new sampling of the same hardware from VBC. It is part of the new collection (which is why it is being discussed in this thread). The V1 is a fine console though. I just like the newer stuff better due to Alex's own discoveries and advancements in technique (and in his own gear).

Ok Thanx Richie, how do you like it compared to the MFC???
dacaveprods

Postby richie43 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:43 am

dacaveprods wrote:Ok Thanx Richie, how do you like it compared to the MFC???

I try not to compare these sorts of things because they are equally awesome, just different (like the real hardware...who would scoff at working on either if given a choice!!)
But for my needs and my own ears, I tend to use the MFC most of all, more than any console library from any dev. After realizing that I had TOO many choices sometimes, I have tried to pare down my tools and approach it like a hardware studio, and how many studios have 10 different full consoles to use? Anyway, my work tends to be represented best with MFC (the console, eq, comps). BUT....
I do some tracking for a very cool project with another Nebula forum member, ngarjuna (and he is the "king-pin" in that project, so I just track guitars for him), and he almost exclusively uses the N14 stuff (and used the VBC before the update). It is THE sound for him, and he produces amazing and thick music.
So use as many or as few as you want/need/can afford. We are in a great time regarding technology, digital audio, and in this Nebula/Acqua technology in particular. I say that anyone would have to look very hard to find a more recent Nebula/Acqua release from any dev that is not completely top quality and breath-taking.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:51 am

richie43 wrote:
dacaveprods wrote:Ok Thanx Richie, how do you like it compared to the MFC???

I try not to compare these sorts of things because they are equally awesome, just different (like the real hardware...who would scoff at working on either if given a choice!!)
But for my needs and my own ears, I tend to use the MFC most of all, more than any console library from any dev. After realizing that I had TOO many choices sometimes, I have tried to pare down my tools and approach it like a hardware studio, and how many studios have 10 different full consoles to use? Anyway, my work tends to be represented best with MFC (the console, eq, comps). BUT....
I do some tracking for a very cool project with another Nebula forum member, ngarjuna (and he is the "king-pin" in that project, so I just track guitars for him), and he almost exclusively uses the N14 stuff (and used the VBC before the update). It is THE sound for him, and he produces amazing and thick music.
So use as many or as few as you want/need/can afford. We are in a great time regarding technology, digital audio, and in this Nebula/Acqua technology in particular. I say that anyone would have to look very hard to find a more recent Nebula/Acqua release from any dev that is not completely top quality and breath-taking.

iNDEED!!! i too am very streamlined, i also understand differences/genre's, etc... Thanx again, Salute!!!
dacaveprods

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:09 pm

"LE" versions are super useful btw.! Distortion and low end build is not that extreme, I feel.
beingmf3

Postby malekmusic » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:34 am

i think after getting the n81 console which i love, i have navy too, but use both as they sound a little bit different, i want that n73 eq.

does anybody know, if the eqs are sampled with the preamp in the signal? or do you have to buy the n14 console and put the preamp before the eq, in order to get the original 73 sound?
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Avibitter » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:25 am

Hi Alex, which model exactly has been sampled for the N64 program please? The module in the picture on the product page looks like a 2264X .

Avibitter
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Shuriken » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello,
I was evaluating the N54 library and I noticed that the "release" time in this library goes from 400mS to 1500mS and you can set it to any number between those parameters. As opposed to the original unit which only "clicks" at 400mS, 800mS and 1500mS. How the compressor behaves in those numbers between the original parameters?

As far as sound is concerned, it's amazing, as always. Cheers for this one!
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

Postby AlexB » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:39 pm

On the program pages, pics show the sampled hardware.
Controls are continuous, please read the user manual.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Shuriken » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:37 pm

AlexB wrote:Controls are continuous, please read the user manual.

I've read the manual and I re-read it again. Everything is clearly written, but what confuses me is that I thought on the original unit there are four compressor recovery presets provided (400mS, 800mS, 1500mS and AUTO) and that the controls aren't continuous (correct me if I'm wrong). So when I loaded the library I was surprised that I could set the recovery time between those fixed parameters. Or is that somehow related to the AUTO recovery setting provided on the original unit?
Another library from you, CBC v2 also has continuous controls which are absent on the original unit, so that confused me a little bit.
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries