Login

AlexB - Neev Collection Released ! N14 N73 N64 N54

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Neev Collection Released ! N14 N73 N64 N54

Postby russianpolecat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:36 pm

AlexB wrote:Hello and thank you for your comments :)

I have modified the MixBus of the console, upon owner demand, in two way:
1- to have a more "fat" sound by installing an additional modern Carnhill transformer switchable in series in/bypass.
2- to have a "modern" sound by switching the modern Carnhill transformer instead of the vintage ones.

Cheers
Hi Alex, placed an order :). So, from the demos, would the clean setting be the vintage Carnhill?

Chris

Actually, would be interesting to know difference between the vintage and modern transformers. Are they identical in the sense that the vintage one would've sounded like the modern one when new (because presumably components change sound over time) or is that not the case?
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby AlexB » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes, the Clean is the Mixbus with the original vintage transformer (Marinair).
Marinair is different from the modern Carnhill, which is a reissue, in design and materials. Today the iron is recycled and so "it sounds" different from the pure iron used in the vintage transformers... Vintage transformers sound more full, round and warm.

Resuming:
Clean - Original Marinair
Modern - Carnhill
Fat - Carnhill+Marinair

Another great difference from the original Neev and the AMS reissues are in the electronics components, particularly the electrolytics by Philips and the power transistor by Motorola. I have replaced these hard-to-find-components into one reissued unit and now it sound a lot better... The owner is very happy.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby prosodio » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:32 pm

As always alexb stuff is improving... For me the tryly beauty in this Neev colletion are the compressors. The n64 is great for channels, tried it in room mics, guitars, overheads... always with great results.. but wait, that 2254 (vintage and original) is the secret weapon!!! Plug it in your submix busses, drums, guitars, vocals... everything comes to life!! Big, warm 3D without any kind of compression (you can compress, of course) simply that great sound I´ve been loking for all this years...

Amazing stuff!!!!! Try it, you wont be dissapointed!!!!

Greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lubomba » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Demos sound VERY interesting!
lubomba
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:56 pm

VBC is easily my most used Nebula library. I love it and was honestly a bit skeptical that the re-up would be terribly exciting to me (at the price, of course, it would be insane not to try it out but how much better than 'freaking perfect' can a library get, right?). Well I was wrong. It's not a huge, night and day difference (as one would expect from a program set that is a subtle effect to begin with) but wow, the new VBC sounds absolutely amazing. Noticeably 'better' on the few things I tried it on last night.

The compressors seem pretty sweet too; haven't really had much time or opportunity to play with them but I have a feeling based on my putzing around last night I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of both of them.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:27 pm

I am wondering about the difference between the 73eq and the n73 is it a big step up?
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 pm

I've had similar reaction with each of the V2 releases. It started with the MFC series, and the American series has opened new sonic doors unexpectedly. :o

Just got my 2 updates last night and grabbed demos of the compressors. After a quick listen, I'm really looking forward to listening through them tonite.

Although I mainly do mastering, I find these consoles really enhance [musically] some of the pure digital [flat dimension] mixes I receive.

It's a strange kind of subtle. Clearly see and hear the difference, and miss them when removed. But they compliment the sound in such a coherent, musical way that just opens up the stage. Even a touch of G-Drv can 'edge up' a track in a detail that an EQ would overdo.

Although the PreAmp IN much be not really needed for a particular track, I'm finding the LineIN presets a great combination. I'm using various Neb/Acq EQ's, so colorations can be had from transparent to tecni-color. 8-)

Oh, and the compressors ... just for the sound [the A5D has been getting plenty of air-time] ... look forward to the NEEV's :)

Tonite :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby russianpolecat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Wow wow wow! I've had the pleasure of working on vintage N**e consoles a few times (including an 8014) and with these libraries you've reminded me why I love the faaaaaat sound of vintage N**e so much! For the first time ITB, I truely feel like I'm working with vintage N**e gear :D . It's the same feeling I got when I first used a 1073 EQ, didn't matter which pot/knob I turned - it just sounded great. I salute you sir! EVERTHING I put through these libraries has that creamy vibe. I'm seriously happy!!

:D
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby russianpolecat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:20 pm

prosodio wrote:As always alexb stuff is improving... For me the tryly beauty in this Neev colletion are the compressors. The n64 is great for channels, tried it in room mics, guitars, overheads... always with great results.. but wait, that 2254 (vintage and original) is the secret weapon!!! Plug it in your submix busses, drums, guitars, vocals... everything comes to life!! Big, warm 3D without any kind of compression (you can compress, of course) simply that great sound I´ve been loking for all this years...

Amazing stuff!!!!! Try it, you wont be dissapointed!!!!

Greetings
The 2254 compressor has been my favourite drum bus compressor ever since I used one for the first time, hence why I was so looking forward to this library! :)
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby sfabs » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Alex, can you say which 2254 was sampled, a,d,e??

Just curious as the e model has a few more features?

Dont get me wrong, doesn't affect my choice to buy... I NEED to own these! Just curious and love learning about gear!!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries