Login

Which Library?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Which Library?

Postby templemark » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello,

What libraries would you recommend to create a vintage sound similar to this?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzr5xv36UI

I hear Tube Distortion followed by American Tape Sound and some Transformers, so.....

CDSoundMaster Tube Collection?
CDSoundMaster Apex Collection?

What else?

What are the warmest dirtiest saturated collection out there? Like Motown sound?
templemark
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Which Library?

Postby russianpolecat » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:08 am

Hi, I like this sound too. The Ampex collection certainly. Plus check out the Langevin Console from Signal to Noize http://signaltonoize.com/?page_id=3341. Also this - http://signaltonoize.com/?page_id=2361. If you look around the various sites/dev's you'll find quite a number of libraries that will fit this kind of sound.

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Gemini Audio » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Check out the audio demos for the G610 http://www.gemini-audio.net/index.php?r ... duct_id=66

To my knowledge it is the library with the most harmonic distortion to date.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:56 am

I hope I was able to answer your questions via email.

Specifically regarding harmonic content for this era.

TB+ and Tube Booster together will give you this- there are very unique different responses in each sound process, and these give an excellent complex combination.

Like the email mentioned, the Apex collection allows you to work specifically with the actual tape machine that matches what you are looking for. TB+, and also Tube Booster are an advanced process to give the specific driven harmonics of tape and tubes.

Vintage Tube Collection is the same concept as R2R and Apex- specific tube coloration and character- several of the world's most rare and favored sounding tubes running in my custom device that we designed for the purpose of having nothing in the audio signal but the tube sound themselves.

Just let me know any questions I can answer.
Thanks!
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:21 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:Like the email mentioned, the Apex collection allows you to work specifically with the actual tape machine that matches what you are looking for. TB+, and also Tube Booster are an advanced process to give the specific driven harmonics of tape and tubes.

I haven't used the "Booster" programs, but the Apex library is definitely a must have - if you like 50's/early 60's sound (351, the preamp alone is incredibly "hot" :)) or 70's/early 80's HiFi smoothness (ATR, MM). On top you get the unbelievable 2070 preamp that pushes back about each annoying frequency known to man, haha. Along with R2R, it's absolutely killer.
beingmf3

Return to 3rd party libraries