Login

Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks, Michael - will do! I have seen some more interesting programs on your site, let me figure out what i "need" :lol:

(Interesting times here atm, since I used to work hybrid all the time, and just recently discovered a Nebula-based approach which gives me results of the same quality and depth. And I didn't even use a single console program!)
User avatar
beingmf3
Member
Member
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:53 pm

btw. maybe interesting for others as well: which Acqua version are the plugins? Do you update them regularly or are they once built and stay at that version forever :D ?
User avatar
beingmf3
Member
Member
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri May 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Image

just had a
discrete c*lr*c come in the workshop. Hope I get a chance to sample it
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Fri May 29, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby russianpolecat » Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Image

just had a
discrete c*lr*c come in the workshop. Hope I get a chance to sample it
Yeah Tim! That would be brill! Hope you can get permission to sample it.

By the way, did you get a chance to sample the RS124?

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby beingmf3 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 am

Tim Petherick wrote:just had a
discrete c*lr*c come in the workshop. Hope I get a chance to sample it

Brilliant, Tim! It looks like a lot of work though. Great choice of EQ bands, I wasn't aware that the Calrec features fixed frequencies. I HOPE you find the time for nebulizing!!!
User avatar
beingmf3
Member
Member
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:53 pm

beingmf3 wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:just had a
discrete c*lr*c come in the workshop. Hope I get a chance to sample it

Brilliant, Tim! It looks like a lot of work though. Great choice of EQ bands, I wasn't aware that the Calrec features fixed frequencies. I HOPE you find the time for nebulizing!!!


ok I've been working on this, phenomenal eq by the way!

I may even been doing the rare legendary raw state decca eq that's made here in our workshop. Not many of these in the world but used by a few top producers
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby Dimzo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:58 am

Tim Petherick wrote:ok I've been working on this, phenomenal eq by the way!

I may even been doing the rare legendary raw state decca eq that's made here in our workshop. Not many of these in the world but used by a few top producers


sounds :mrgreen: to me
User avatar
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:
beingmf3 wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:just had a
discrete c*lr*c come in the workshop. Hope I get a chance to sample it

Brilliant, Tim! It looks like a lot of work though. Great choice of EQ bands, I wasn't aware that the Calrec features fixed frequencies. I HOPE you find the time for nebulizing!!!


ok I've been working on this, phenomenal eq by the way!

I may even been doing the rare legendary raw state decca eq that's made here in our workshop. Not many of these in the world but used by a few top producers

Super Trooper!
:lol:
User avatar
beingmf3
Member
Member
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Ok, it's close to finish now. Silly amount of hours went into this.

This eq is broad on top and bottom, it's Seems to be semi clean. Mid range is fairly tight. If you boost the high shelf it's very transparent. Lows are tighter than say a N**e. Anyhow this release will sound very different from anything before.

I choose a similar technique of sampling as the gyrator. Also adding a technique to improve lower sample rates even more, something I've been doing lately to improve quality. Dynamically it's very lively!! Maybe out this week, let's see.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: Which C*l*ec console for that Abba sound?

Postby Andrums » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Tim,if you will sample Preamp or Master please sample it in stereo like in Dual Tech
Andrums
Member
Member
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests