Postby sfabs » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:30 am

Great, thanks Tim... didnt think it could get better! will download now
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: NEW Dualtech eq, with special offer! DEMO NOW AVAILAB

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Barendse wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:I've improved the punch and perceived dynamics on these.

Does the input audio level matter? Like the gyrator eq?

No need worry so much with this. When I suggested input for Gyrator it was more so about what I liked by ear.
sfabs wrote:Great, thanks Tim... didnt think it could get better! will download now

Hope you enjoy it!

EDIT-

Low cpu N2p's here
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW Dualtech eq, with special offer! New vectors 25/0

Postby sfabs » Fri May 01, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Tim, those new low CPU N2P's... are they more efficient with the same quality or a slightly lower quality so you can have more instances in a project and render with higher quality at a later point??

... any news on next release date...? so excited about forthcoming tape and compressor! :D :D :D
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby tyrrell » Fri May 01, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm wondering if the quality is the same too before I down load?
tyrrell
User Level V
User Level V

Postby richie43 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:54 am

I am not Tim, but I can say that the low CPU versions are not lower in "quality" in regards to the sampling, the audio quality, etc. They will have less harmonic content than the regular versions. You can't expect the same product if they are re-configured to use less CPU, there has to be a trade-off somewhere. But because I know Tim's work, he would not release them if they were of a "lesser quality". Are they the same as the others? How could they be? If you want/need the full Nebula goodness, then you need to concede to using the full CPU load versions. You can always "freeze" or "print" your effects to the track to allow you to remove the Nebula instances for saving the CPU. Or upgrade to a monster CPU....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat May 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Ok,

I'll explain, The lower cpu versions are using Freqd player for harmonics. This I feel is audible but maybe you'd find this good for big mixes where you need more cpu free.

These low cpu versions are regular template values, So are common in nebula. The original release is my own tweaks.

The reason I made these was because a customer had problems with cpu on a older machine so I said I'd make these extra versions.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Ok,

I'll explain, The lower cpu versions are using Freqd player for harmonics. This I feel is audible but maybe you'd find this good for big mixes where you need more cpu free.

These low cpu versions are regular template values, So are common in nebula. The original release is my own tweaks.

The reason I made these was because a customer had problems with cpu on a older machine so I said I'd make these extra versions.

....and the definitive answer arrives! I meant well Tim, I hope I did not mislead anyone or misrepresent anything.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Wed May 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks guys for clearing it up
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Dualtech eq,New vectors 25/04/15

Postby malekmusic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:18 am

i just bought this the dualtech and since im very new to nebula, i have a question.

first of all thanks to Tim for making me crazy with the opto 3a and blue-mu compressors they are just jawdropping.

i like this eq very much too and after i played around with the demo it was clear that i need it.

so here is my question:

im a bit confused that i have to open 3 or more instances to have the complete eq.

so how am i gonna set it up to have the original signalchain of the hardware? lowshelf, high boost, attentuator and then the preamp?

the second question i have is, dont just one instance of this eq produce the harmonics that the hardware does, so if i open 5 instances wouldnt i have 5 times more of those harmonics? or was it supposed to have 4 cpu friendly instances and then the preamp in full quality??

sorry, if my questions seem kind of stupid, i just want to understand how these things work in nebula.

thank you!
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Dualtech eq,New vectors 25/04/15

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 pm

"lowshelf, high boost, attentuator and then the preamp"

yes this is the order I used when testing on direct out a/b comparisons. Note- The preamp is for getting a very hot sound so it's not always needed.

If you want clean you can go into the KERN page after changing simple to Guru mode on master page, then you can select kernals and how many kernals to be used.

On tests I actually thought using harmonics on every instance sounded closer... but I guess I'll do a update with a clean version. We have some new skins coming too for this

Ps if you loved optao3a.... your gonna love the next sum100a update!

Many thanks,

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries