Login

Dualtech eq,New vectors 25/04/15

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW Release Dualtech passive eq, with special offers!! L

Postby Mysterygrimms » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Tim, I just bought your Dualtech passive eq. I pretty much just buy whatever you release at this point. You have definitely arrived in Nebula World. Keep them coming and thanks.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

NEW Dualtech eq, with special offer! DEMO NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks for all your comments guys!!!

Im going to extend the focus comp pro offer for another 5 days as its pretty cool.

I've added a demo restricted to only Clean and 16khz Frequency (you'll see a extra slider not usable)

DEMO HERE

I think you can really here the quality in this! DEMO and full version will be under DTC in menu. Just wait till you hear the lows they are huge!! No Harshness or grain!

About the preamp

I forgot to mention, It's made primarily to get more harmonics
AT_CN stands for artifact control, I recommend this is about half way. You can add more drive and it brings more life to your tracks. I was playing with it today and sounds great!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW Dualtech eq, with special offer! DEMO NOW AVAILAB

Postby russianpolecat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:21 pm

OK, so I got it :). Any tips out there for best use in terms of settings/source?
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:33 pm

This not set in stone but..
Low shelf boost and attenuate get famously used for kick drum . Vocals sound pretty amazing at 3k boost!! It has a lovely colour in this region. 100hz boost with a filter can sound pretty great with a snare, one of my favourites.

This is a generalisation but on vocal.
I really like to use a hi pass filter around 100hz then low pass around 10-12khz then use 3k on this eq to push to the front of the mix. Try focus comp on vocals too, it's very smooth

12khz-16khz sharp boost with high shelf attenuate is good for getting focus in that very upper region while keeping things warm on a bus.Sometimes works sometimes doesn't.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 am

Thanks for the tips Tim

I was trying the drive out on the pre amp and really impressed with how much you can push the harmonics and change the sound
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby russianpolecat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:01 am

Tim Petherick wrote:This not set in stone but..
Low shelf boost and attenuate get famously used for kick drum . Vocals sound pretty amazing at 3k boost!! It has a lovely colour in this region. 100hz boost with a filter can sound pretty great with a snare, one of my favourites.

This is a generalisation but on vocal.
I really like to use a hi pass filter around 100hz then low pass around 10-12khz then use 3k on this eq to push to the front of the mix. Try focus comp on vocals too, it's very smooth

12khz-16khz sharp boost with high shelf attenuate is good for getting focus in that very upper region while keeping things warm on a bus.Sometimes works sometimes doesn't.
Excellent Tim! Thanks, I shall try these out.

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: NEW Release Dualtech passive eq, with special offers!! L

Postby Shibata » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Hi Shibata,

Sorry Don't know the differences. I did ask a engineer who's used both and he said they do sound different but for what reasons is unknown to me. Age,different Circuit or component differences. I have no reference. I don't know much about T******h. I've only ever used there compressors. I'm guessing a tube tech is a fresh unit so would ultimately sound cleaner. Usually Electrolytic Capacitors need replacing in old gear. Or it could be simple mismatches in impedance if they use different modern spec input transformers. For example one of the reasons a La2a sounds warm in modern situations is usually because of a mismatch between equipment.
This could actually be replicated with a few components.
You often hear people say all ep1a's sound different, I would say for the most part it would be down to tolerances and components going out of spec overtime like Carbon composite resistors and electrolytics.

Thank you, Tim! The Demo is awesome) Compare to P****c they are different in a good way and well complement each other.

And especially, Dualtech is so good with Gyrator! Must have both of them.
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby SWANG » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 am

thanks so much for the great new releases, tim. i'm gonna be picking up your tnt library soon. also, if that other compressor i keep nagging you for is in the works, please move as quickly as possible? i'm producing basic tracks for a new project in a few weeks. mixing will follow soon thereafter. pretty, pretty please!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm

That compressor is not so easy but I'll take a second look soon!

Last few hours of the special offer, I'll take it off in 2 hours from this message!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 am

thanks, tim. i know you're up for the challenge. ;)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries