Login

AlexB - American Collection Released ! A16 A5A A5B A5D A5M

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - American Collection Released ! A16 A5A A5B A5D A

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:41 pm

sfabs wrote:No one has said much about the pre amp presets for the console??

If I'm not mistaken, using my VAST knowledge (google) the pre amp in the desk (api212L) is pretty special...?

What do the testers think of it?? I would imagine with the new techniques Alex is employing that it sounds GREAT?

I cant wait for his pre-amp collections to get the update treatments but I imagine the console mic pre in this collection is a great preview, no? :P

I'm really interested in people who have tried it out (who am I kidding, like I'm not gonna end up buying it anyway!) but please do share....

I think both line and mic pres sound great. It's very gentle but once you've applied it to all your tracks you'll definitely hear the difference big time.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby flipnaut » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 pm

The American A5D (have only the demo atm.)is a really nice compressor... i'm thinking about to buy it... Can't decide between Tim's U76 or this one for parallel drums... sometimes it is this or just the U76... I think both are in the same ballpark when it comes to tech. I like both even more than the Titanium for example on the drums.

I think the A5D is also usefull on the master to get some punch. I use that together with the REALLY AMAZING TSX by AlexB... i use also only the demo of TSX and that thing really impressed me! Got a lot of punch and the harmonics it gives are very nice... But on drums i use often the colour tape of nebula because it has a nice eq in it to lift the overheads.

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/ale ... ors_fx.htm

tsx is very expensive and would be nice to buy only one or two of that bundle...

The A5D is just well priced. Really thinking to buy it because i like the demo very much until now.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby russianpolecat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:52 am

OK, so about A*I 525. I only have the demo at the moment but it is extraordinary! I wanted to ask about the tech - Alex mentions new tech, presumably this is the program dependent sampling that was introduced in NAT late last yr?

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jorismak » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:59 pm

don't think so. AlexB uses specially built converters for sampling stuff, and I _think_ (really not sure) that that is what he's referring to when talking about 'new tech'.

Alex released some dynamics / compressor library pretty much at the same time Nebula / NAT had new compressor settings, and Alex said then his programs didn't use it.

A5D is way newer, so who knows some things changed, but I think he didn't see it to be needed, the A5D just works.

He can explain it better I guess if he uses new things or faster prog-rates.. but I never thought about it :)
jorismak

Postby AlexB » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi to all, I'll try to reply at all questions.

A5B and A5M are two different hardwares, so they have different circuit, components and sound.

Please, instead to ask for the sonic differences you make better, and fast, to download the demos and try by yourself... I have spent time to give you this opportunity ;)

All DEMOs sound exactly like the commercial version, the only limitations are in the controls.

A5M has continuous gain to give you more control and fine tuning than original stepped gain switch. So, no switched release.

All demos are for sound evaluation and not for mixing (as written in the demo .txt), so you can't mix with a demo and then replace it with the commercial version due by limited parameters which don't match in both, especially for the compressors.

Preamps in the PC&S are different from the preamps included in the console libraries. For example the preamp in the A16 is the vintage 512, the preamp in the PC&S is the modern 512. The preamp in the VBC is the vintage 1073, the preamp in the PC&S is the modern-reissue AMS1073 and so on... Different components, different sounds...

TSX will come in v2 also and not as bundle but as single library. The same for the VSF.

"new tech" are a complex system by custom converters, proprietary and unique sampling technique, new program technique and more... The result is not a "sampled library" but a "musical library" as the hardware should be. (Here you can't hear the converter's sound, while it's present in all sampling. With this I'm not referring at Nebula world only, but also at VSTi universe).

The new compressor libraries can't use the new dual layer by NAT3, which is reserved for acqua plugin only, but my "new tech" allows to improve a lot the sonic performance without need it.

Cheers
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby russianpolecat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi Alex, thanks for the explanation. Whatever you're doing it sounds great!

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby flipnaut » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi Alex,

thank you for the explanation!

Would be really great to get a V2 of TSX and the opportunity to choose from them... Nice!

Btw. my actual mastering chain is: DAW Tool Mix db knob to get -20db. MFC Modern (sometimes Air Punch for more highs); TSX for some warmth... i think it is the fat-so emulation. Then the A5D Compressor. After it the Titanium. And then the toneboosters barricade.

That chain gives a lot of punch, fat sound and warmth. :D

Hmm... seems to be i like a lot of Alex B stuff ;D I really get some nice colours from your stuff Alex. Keep it going and improve it more for us. :D
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:06 pm

There's a channel imbalance on the A16 Master Buss. The left channel is louder on all presets.

I understand this is how the console behaves but IMO it shouldn't. The MFC, which I also have, doesn't have such a problem.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:44 am

tumburu wrote:There's a channel imbalance on the A16 Master Buss. The left channel is louder on all presets.

I understand this is how the console behaves but IMO it shouldn't. The MFC, which I also have, doesn't have such a problem.

Maybe ask Alex if you can re-download it.... I just loaded all master buss presets from this library and there is no imbalances anywhere for me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 am

What I measure:
using 44.1 HQ

A16 M.Bus Clean- L +1/4dB
M.Bus Modern- L +1/2dB
Vintage-L +1/2dB

I know balancing consoles is sometimes a challenge [the real ones !]. I haven't a clue if balance can be altered while in NAT. There are several presets throughout Neb-Land that do have L/R balance differences.

It is said, what's a 1/2dB here/there ... well, it's twice the gain I've often used in mastering.

Whether 'these' can be adjusted ... meantime, I use VUMDuo to monitor gain staging between each plugin, and just manually balance. It'd be nice if this was not needed. So have a tone generator at the top of the chain and cal.

This is just like the hardware daze ... a touch of analogue Heaven :P
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries