Login

AlexB - American Collection Released ! A16 A5A A5B A5D A5M

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - American Collection Released ! A16 A5A A5B A5D A

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:49 am

Just pulled up the A5M for some mastering ... this is one, really great EQ ! :mrgreen:

I ran 3 bands. Two of them clean, and the last one with full harmonics.

I had tried to push certain sections using FabFQ2 ... but each time it just sounded 'pushed'.

It just happened that AlexB releases these v2 libraries. Won't you know it ... perfect timing :lol:

Even though I didn't have to push quite as hard [yet, still a significant +4dB ... live recording in a not so good room :roll: ] The A5M had no trouble with it.

Even better ... it doesn't sound like its been EQ'd :o I just love that 8-)

I kept the project in the original 44.1 ... and these v2 releases now include 44.1 and 96k.

Great work AlexB !!!

oh ... and the new console [A16] is a slice of heaven, by the way. Totally different from the MFC or the Tube model. [which both are fantastic].

I hope the German Mastering desk is going to be in the pipeline.

Thanks !!!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mightymosaic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 am

Hows The compression behavior with this library?
mightymosaic

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:35 am

mightymosaic wrote:Hows The compression behavior with this library?

I like how the A5D behaves. Really smooth even for tons of GR.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:51 am

Now that you asked ... I just downloaded the DEMO that AlexB has for it.

Wow ... I didn't expect this :shock:

I just slapped it on a 2trk ... talk about holding up the bottom end. :o

Just playing really fast with it ... I just squished the snare inside this 2trk. This is really interesting.

I know the DEMO has certain limits, so I'm not quite sure of the control factors yet.

But, D*mn ... the more I play, the more I'm liking this. I have to finish up some work tonite, but I'll be getting back to this new compressor.

I'll say one impression, beside the real nice tone ... it seems really simple to work.

alright ... until later ... Hey guys, check the DEMO.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby david1103 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:31 pm

RJHollins wrote:Just pulled up the A5M for some mastering ... this is one, really great EQ ! :mrgreen:

I ran 3 bands. Two of them clean, and the last one with full harmonics.

I had tried to push certain sections using FabFQ2 ... but each time it just sounded 'pushed'.

It just happened that AlexB releases these v2 libraries. Won't you know it ... perfect timing :lol:

Even though I didn't have to push quite as hard [yet, still a significant +4dB ... live recording in a not so good room :roll: ] The A5M had no trouble with it.

Even better ... it doesn't sound like its been EQ'd :o I just love that 8-)

I kept the project in the original 44.1 ... and these v2 releases now include 44.1 and 96k.

Great work AlexB !!!

oh ... and the new console [A16] is a slice of heaven, by the way. Totally different from the MFC or the Tube model. [which both are fantastic].

I hope the German Mastering desk is going to be in the pipeline.

Thanks !!!

I just ordered my update, extra looking forward to it now :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Andrums wrote:
giancarlo wrote:[. Even if you load titanium in nebula it will be limited.

Please add HP side chain to Titanium 1B for use in Acqua only

we are doing it in aquamarine
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby pleplo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:35 am

I just tried the A5D to compress some rock guitar. that was the ticket! this is pure rock n roll baby! have the Titanium and Tim U76.. im covered in term of compressor color. Titanium on almost every sources. but from now on the A5D demo just for some guitar work to make them punch. and Tim U76 when I need extreme color or that All buttons tricks and distortion. its awesome!
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 am

Had a moment to play more with the A5D.

Slapped it across a 2trk of a live big band jazz group. There is nothing special in the recording ... I believe it was recorded with a moderate portable [digital] recorder [probably laying on a table in front of the group ... in a fair sounding room] :shock: Of course, my mission is to perform miracles ... actually several :lol:

Since the recording had really no 'character' via preamps and such, it gave opportunity to apply the Nebula/Acqua arsenal ... preamps, EQ, maybe tape, compressors, console ... along with my 2 remaining algo EQ's [Fab-Q2 & DMG Equalibrium] for surgical maneuvers.

I followed the TDR-Kotelnikov compressor [very clean] with the A5D DEMO. Just for the tone, the added weight and mid-range clarity/opening up from the A5D is really nice ! :o They say this compressor is a 'specialty' item with lots of color ... but A/B'ing it with the PERCEPTION bypass function, this A5D just makes the track sound .... hmmm ... musical with added support [foundation] to the whole mix.

Reading from the manual:
American 5 Dynamics makes use of the 2510 and 2520 op-amps and manages to sound clean but with character without being weak and harsh.

I have to agree ... and the behavior of the DEMO seems a major improvement in dynamic control.
Looking at the available presets, including both compressor and limiter function along with variable control functions ... I'm having to add this A5D to the repertoire ... and the price for 'Silver' to support one of the top 3rd party developers makes this an easy purchase, and one I see many more uses for than originally thought.

AlexB ... these v2 releases have raised the bar to a new level. I really like the design layout you employ for these libraries ... including the 2 major sampling rates. Just excellent !

Thanks! :mrgreen:

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby pleplo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:24 am

RJHollins wrote:Had a moment to play more with the A5D.

Slapped it across a 2trk of a live big band jazz group. There is nothing special in the recording ... I believe it was recorded with a moderate portable [digital] recorder [probably laying on a table in front of the group ... in a fair sounding room] :shock: Of course, my mission is to perform miracles ... actually several :lol:

Since the recording had really no 'character' via preamps and such, it gave opportunity to apply the Nebula/Acqua arsenal ... preamps, EQ, maybe tape, compressors, console ... along with my 2 remaining algo EQ's [Fab-Q2 & DMG Equalibrium] for surgical maneuvers.

I followed the TDR-Kotelnikov compressor [very clean] with the A5D DEMO. Just for the tone, the added weight and mid-range clarity/opening up from the A5D is really nice ! :o They say this compressor is a 'specialty' item with lots of color ... but A/B'ing it with the PERCEPTION bypass function, this A5D just makes the track sound .... hmmm ... musical with added support [foundation] to the whole mix.

Reading from the manual:
American 5 Dynamics makes use of the 2510 and 2520 op-amps and manages to sound clean but with character without being weak and harsh.

I have to agree ... and the behavior of the DEMO seems a major improvement in dynamic control.
Looking at the available presets, including both compressor and limiter function along with variable control functions ... I'm having to add this A5D to the repertoire ... and the price for 'Silver' to support one of the top 3rd party developers makes this an easy purchase, and one I see many more uses for than originally thought.

AlexB ... these v2 releases have raised the bar to a new level. I really like the design layout you employ for these libraries ... including the 2 major sampling rates. Just excellent !

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Very nice! can we hear a little preview? ;) did you use the demo or full version?
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:39 am

I only have the DEMO at the moment.

I've placed my order for the full version ... should have it tomorrow. 8-)

On a side note. I think I will be down to a single 'algo' EQ plugin.

The two contenders have been FabFilter, which have some really good product. Their Limiter, Comp, and De'essr have been good tools for my work. I upgraded to the Q-2 equalizer ... and then the DMG Equilibrium came out. :roll:

I have been alternating between these two EQ's ... with lately staying on Fab Q-2.

Tonite, I just couldn't get some eq'ing to sound right ... I bypassed what I had done, and it sounded better, but still needed to be fixed. Loaded up the DMG ... as it had been awhile.

The IIR [or whatever that is] sound alright, but I usually went to the FIR setting. Going from 8124 to 16xxx was nice ... to 32xxx was, hmmm, something significant. Just up to 2nd from the most, 192xxx or something ... wow ... had to take a break for a moment.

There is something going on with this EQ that I need to spend much more time with. It may not be as easy or convenient to use as FF, but I'm thinking I like the sonics of the DMG a LOT more. I mention this ONLY because I do need a real good algo EQ to supplement/compliment NEB/ACQUA. I seem to get a lot of restoration/mastering work ... and oft times there is plenty of eq'ing going on. Algo for surgical ... NEB/ACQUA to bend, fold, massage into something of a pleasant listening experience :twisted:

So ... a bit sad. FFQ-2 has been a workhorse at times ... but I have found the limits quite often and have had to backtrack to a new path. Time to put the DMG to the challenge, along with me boning up on the parameters it offers :geek:

8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries