Login

ACQ 560EQ Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

ACQ 560EQ Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 pm

We are pleased to announce:

ACQ 560 - The American Classic EQ for Nebula Pro !!!

"ACQ 560 - The American Classic EQ for Nebula Pro" provides you with one of the world's finest EQ's in a unique selection of 26 Programs designed to give you an amazing range of flexibility for use in the Nebula Pro Plug-In.

This remarkable classic EQ was first designed in 1967 as a unique Mixing Console EQ module. It is a Graphic EQ, but it performs like an all-in-one Console EQ. At lower volumes it is an extremely wide band EQ, and as it increases in volume, it narrows to a beautifully perfect narrow arch. The result is smooth, warm, rich, and everything that you would expect from the American Classic.

Get the ACQ 560 and take control of your individual tracks, mixes, and even your main buss with the confidence of this timeless EQ.

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... CQneb.html

Free Programs:
http://tubegetter.com/ACQ-FREE-NEB-PRO.zip

Enjoy the Free 1kHz Band EQ and the Preamp "Electronics to Electronics" with EQ Bypassed.

Contact me for your Special Returning Customer Discount or Special Combo Discounts.

Thanks so much and God Bless You.
Sincerely,
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: ACQ 560EQ Collection Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby mtalavera » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 am

Great to see something new from you, Michael.

Can you explain what exactly is meant by a Preamp as it pertains to your new EQ? I only know of the concept of a preamp as the equipment you plug your microphone into, such as one offered by this same American company with the numbers 3124 or 512c. My concept may be too simplistic and would appreciate some education on the subject.
mtalavera

Postby RJHollins » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 am

The link to the 'Frequency and Harmonic Distortion Graphs' is broken. :(
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:18 pm

mtalavera wrote:Great to see something new from you, Michael.

Can you explain what exactly is meant by a Preamp as it pertains to your new EQ? I only know of the concept of a preamp as the equipment you plug your microphone into, such as one offered by this same American company with the numbers 3124 or 512c. My concept may be too simplistic and would appreciate some education on the subject.

The word "preamp" often gets used differently in Nebulaland. It often refers to a preset that has deeper harmonic distortion without the various parameters of the unit. Many of the EQ's from CDSM (as well as many compressor libraries from many devs these days) have an additional "preamp" preset included. You can add this to the chain to fully emulate the hardware, or use it alone to impart some of the analog yumminess without changing the tendencies of the audio (like using a compressor "preamp" when you just want the sonic characters of the hardware). I am surprised you have not run into this until now, many of the libraries have been either including this concept or even solely based on this (like Henry Olonga's many "mojo" presets...these are this type of "preamp").
Hope that helps.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mtalavera » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:03 pm

richie43 wrote:

The word "preamp" often gets used differently in Nebulaland. It often refers to a preset that has deeper harmonic distortion without the various parameters of the unit. Many of the EQ's from CDSM (as well as many compressor libraries from many devs these days) have an additional "preamp" preset included. You can add this to the chain to fully emulate the hardware, or use it alone to impart some of the analog yumminess without changing the tendencies of the audio (like using a compressor "preamp" when you just want the sonic characters of the hardware). I am surprised you have not run into this until now, many of the libraries have been either including this concept or even solely based on this (like Henry Olonga's many "mojo" presets...these are this type of "preamp").
Hope that helps.

Thank you for the explanation. I have seen these preamp presets before and have CDSM libraries that have them included, such as the CL1B Comp and Preamp libraries. I also have everything offered by Henry in his All You Can Eat package, but just took the opportunity here with this new library to get a deeper understanding of what these actually do. I use Henry's The Channel Strip Elite program as my first layer in most of my tracks, so I was familiar with what that library was doing as a channel strip preamp. Your explanation makes perfect sense, and I understand better what is being described by Michael in his user guides.
mtalavera

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 am

Hi RJ,

Thank you for letting me know.
I put the wrong location.
It is updated now- just reload the main page.
For graphs direct link go here:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... raphs.html

RJHollins wrote:The link to the 'Frequency and Harmonic Distortion Graphs' is broken. :(
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 am

Thank you Richie for the excellent explanation.

Yes- it is correct! :-)

The reason these are called "preamp' programs is because the process that is used to create these were originally selected as a "PRE" preamp category in the Nebula Engine when we first started developing the comemrcial NebPro catalog programs.

It is something that is also called "electronics to electronics" which is to say- it is providing the sound of the device from its input to its output- but it is not about measuring all of the different changes that happen when EQ's change frequencies or when compressors change ratio etc.

A typical preamp program in NebPro, from my definition, will provide the sound of the device, in this case, with the EQ circuitry turned on and left flat, and the same with eq bypassed. It has many 'dynamic' layers, meaning that it provides the sound of the device at its loudest point, and multiple decibels below this point, including any small subtle changes to the frequency spectrum and harmonic distortion.

It is usually a fairly cpu hungry program because it uses as many harmonic distortion kernels are needed to accurately reflect the character it can provide.

For eq's it isn't the most necessary inclusion, but it is nice to have all options included and I like making it a part of the value of the collection.

Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy!

mtalavera wrote:
richie43 wrote:

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the explanation. I have seen these preamp presets before and have CDSM libraries that have them included, such as the CL1B Comp and Preamp libraries. I also have everything offered by Henry in his All You Can Eat package, but just took the opportunity here with this new library to get a deeper understanding of what these actually do. I use Henry's The Channel Strip Elite program as my first layer in most of my tracks, so I was familiar with what that library was doing as a channel strip preamp. Your explanation makes perfect sense, and I understand better what is being described by Michael in his user guides.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sfabs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Guys

Sorry to go over the pre-amp explanation again, it is clear (mostly)

can I just ask... to fully emulate the hardware should I place an instance of the pre-amp and then an instance of the EQ?

or is an instance of the EQ enough?

I imagined adding the preamp was the same as adding an instance of the EQ with out adding gain to the EQ...

is the answer the same for all libraries or just CDSM libraries?

Thanks as always
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi sfabs,

Thanks for asking!
For the 560 you are fine to use just the EQ instance. It is extremely close to the original with the 3 kernels of harmonic distortion in the EQ programs.
It is very unlikely that you would want to push a hard signal into the EQ to generate enough harmonic content to hear a lot from the hardware to make it necessary to add the preamp to the signal to match this character. Technically- you would get the absolute ideal representation by using the preamp program followed by the "clean" version of the EQ program desired, but for something like the 560 you are fine to use just the regular eq programs.

The exception to this for other libraries that I have developed is something like a channel strip collection, like the N-TEN-AT4 or the Q8 444X. This is intentionally representing the input, amplification, equalization, and output amp/load balance, transformers, or whatever the specific design. In this case- you have more specific representation and character when activating the eq circuit path and bypassing it- technically the channel may still be providing a very obvious but even clean signal, where we see less change to frequency in an eq device that is designed to drive a typical channel load (although 560 has enough clarity to handle a very low signal).

In general- I like to include the preamp programs where someone has the desire to add color to a track that is not getting any eq- especially on console channel strip libraries- but because it provides interesting color I like to provide it for every eq. If you want to add the device's character to a track that you do not need to eq- the preamp programs are useful for that.

So, generally speaking- you can just load the eq- if you want to add character on a track that y

sfabs wrote:Hi Guys

Sorry to go over the pre-amp explanation again, it is clear (mostly)

can I just ask... to fully emulate the hardware should I place an instance of the pre-amp and then an instance of the EQ?

or is an instance of the EQ enough?

I imagined adding the preamp was the same as adding an instance of the EQ with out adding gain to the EQ...

is the answer the same for all libraries or just CDSM libraries?

Thanks as always
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sfabs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Thank you CDsoundmaster

totally cleared it up for me with that post!

BOUGHT! cant wait to try it out on some drums and bass, vocals too!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries