Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq.

Postby SETHH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:05 am

Hi Tim, sounds cool... Do your libraries work on 64-Bit Nebula as well? I felt pretty deceived after buying all the Analog In The Box stuff and later when I moved to 64-Bit realizing almost none of them work anymore.

Also on an unrelated note, I wonder if the upcoming Nebula 4 will allow users to create Acqua-like plugins out of this kinda libraries, with all frequencies in one instance?
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit
SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:23 am

SETHH wrote:Hi Tim, sounds cool... Do your libraries work on 64-Bit Nebula as well? I felt pretty deceived after buying all the Analog In The Box stuff and later when I moved to 64-Bit realizing almost none of them work anymore.

Also on an unrelated note, I wonder if the upcoming Nebula 4 will allow users to create Acqua-like plugins out of this kinda libraries, with all frequencies in one instance?

Hi,

I think that 64 bit issue was to do with their protection system. You just need a copy of Nebula 3 pro and this should work fine. I'm running Gyrator in 64 bit version now.

Nebula 4 apparently will allow you to load more bands into nebula , I guess a bit like a sampler does in it's multi function. So I guess yes to Degree the same thing. When it comes to the skin side of things I cannot answer....

TWM wrote:Anyone know if Tim's products can be used with Neb3 Commercial or do I need Pro?
Thanks,
Todd

Yes should load but I can't remember the cpu performance Commercial vs Pro 3. Perhaps someone will chime in. I allways recommend the pro version because of this...
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby SETHH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:01 am

Ah, ok thanks. Cool! Sounds great :)

With AITB, that's not true though. I've got the Nebula 3 Server running in 64-Bit and still most of my AITB stuff don't work. They released a couple of beta versions, but the only official libraries with 64-Bit support are the EAR reverb ones.

Tim Petherick wrote:Hi,

I think that 64 bit issue was to do with their protection system. You just need a copy of Nebula 3 pro and this should work fine. I'm running Gyrator in 64 bit version now.

Nebula 4 apparently will allow you to load more bands into nebula , I guess a bit like a sampler does in it's multi function. So I guess yes to Degree the same thing. When it comes to the skin side of things I cannot answer....
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit
SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby kels » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:25 am

When it comes to the skin side of things I cannot answer....

hi,
that may indicate that Nebula4 will be skinable. I remember G explicitly writting that it will be the case but I cannot find the post.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28468&p=76134&hilit=nebula4+gui#p76134

time to do as many HD pictures as we can while the gear is there ;)
kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Ok,

I've mixing quite a bit with this eq and I wondered if anyone thinks this would be a good idea-

adding a dry control for when you want to get a sharper peak sound but without it being sounding dramatic when applied. I tried this and I think It works very well. So basically a bit like a parallel eq.

Let me know what you think!?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Ok,

I've mixing quite a bit with this eq and I wondered if anyone thinks this would be a good idea-

adding a dry control for when you want to get a sharper peak sound but without it being sounding dramatic when applied. I tried this and I think It works very well. So basically a bit like a parallel eq.

Let me know what you think!?

I use Reaper, which as a wet/dry parameter for ALL plugins, and I have also been trying that with this eq. For non-Reaper users, it would be very generous of you to offer it.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Hannes_F » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:14 pm

richie43 wrote:I use Reaper, which as a wet/dry parameter for ALL plugins, and I have also been trying that with this eq.

But what about latency? Is the dry part of the sound delayed as well?
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:18 pm

No the dry will be in sync in reaper

I think I'll make some extra presets for you guys but I'll put them in another menu to avoid mess. You'll only need n2p's. I'll send to your email addresses when ready.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Weird... I have never had a phase issue from doing this in Reaper.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Yes reaper is fine on the mix control but like you say it would be good to have the dry control for non reaper users
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries