Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq with introductory price!!

Postby kylen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:26 am

Blew it, missed the intro price. I wanted to put one of Tim's EQs on a remaster I'm working on...not to worry I pulled up Acqua Silk v2 to bring up some vocal sibilance that Amber was having trouble with (no EQ can do everything - right?). Right on the money, Thanks Tim for that High Shelf. :)
kylen

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq.

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Indeed intro price is over!!

Funny you mention silk I may have a little add on gift in store for the new year to all previous customers of silk acqua and regular library.

Thanks,

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 am

Here are some extra presets (n2p's) for lower cpu! Not done to much testing on them so let me know how it goes! 8-)

They will sound slightly different. You will want to use the original n2p's for accuracy. The names of these new presets end with a s. For example Gyrator eq filter s
Attachments
Gyrator eq extra presets.rar
(553.37 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:21 am

Well, I must say that I think this is a fine, fine EQ. Very CPU heavy though! No way this could be used on a full song without lots of bouncing. Bouncing sucks.

It's beautiful though.

I did a few comparisons of this to the CDSM N-TEN-AT4 (because of the common N**e lineage) and this compared quite favourably. The CDSM EQ gets much grittier and richer in overtones and harmonics, but I found that this EQ was able to bring things forward in the mix with very nice detail effortlessly. It brings great dimension to elements it touches in addition to being very smooth and tight. It's pretty wonderful.

It's actually a nice compliment to the N-TEN-AT4 since the stepped frequencies are very different (for instance, this EQ does not have a step anywhere from 240 to 700 and this is a pretty critical area to find muddy areas for slight cutting I find).

This will definitely find it's way onto my mixes. I am very happy that I picked this up.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 am

This isn't a N**e but shares some of the character and design of the later Neves. It's Class AB not Class A like a 1084 or 1073 but more like a 1081 shall we say. The Curves are all bell type too, With small rise from the transformer in the highs.

Ok well try the new n2ps above too. You could run those into one instance of the regular versions. The sound quailty is still very high on those cpu saving presets but maybe the dimension is not quite the same.
Also try find a sweet spot for the buffer first. I didn't cut any corners on sampling the gain, the total amount of samples is quite high because of this.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks Tim, I will try them out, although now that I have experienced the dimension, I am not at all willing to give it up.

I wish quantum computing would hurry up and get here already...

This really is a very, very beautiful sounding EQ. Congratulations on creating this. I imagine that you are extremely proud of how this sounds!

My buffers are already very high in my neb config. I try to keep the CPU low so I can run many instances before having to bounce. The latency is a bit of a drag, but bouncing is more of a drag.

Quantum computing...
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:18 am

Thank you,

Yes I'm always working on new ways of doing things. I just updated those n2p's and even that makes a difference! :lol:

It's amazing that the better things get the more you hear into
where you can improve things and that's after 3000 hours of nebula this year :? . A little like the realisation we know very little. The more you learn, the more you realise how little we know. It's always dangerous to assume we know everything and believe me I've seen that a lot. More to the point that's when things never really get any better.

I do feel we have a very special eq here and really mean that.....It's unlike anything else in nebula
you'll end up mixing differently because of this. The S presets are actually tighter. Mix it up!

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:31 am

You take the whole job of torch carrying very seriously, I must say! ;)
Awesome update Tim!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby TWM » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:52 am

Anyone know if Tim's products can be used with Neb3 Commercial or do I need Pro?
Thanks,
Todd
TWM
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby pleplo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:56 am

Hey guys if you are intested this is my first ever video showing audio demos of a product I love. in this case this awesome EQ :)

Hope you like it and please support Tim hard work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfB8p3VmUBI
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries