Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq with introductory price!!

Postby kindafishy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 am

What is the eq noise for, Tim?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 am

Hannes_F wrote:A question here: I have 2.8 % of CPU per band. That is as much as the OrangEQ with four bands. Although they both have 3 Kernels and OrangEQ is even Acqua. Is that correct?

Yes it's correct..I'm using a little more of the timed engine on this release, I tuned it by ear, it's set to about 3-4 times higher than the average. If you would like slightly lower CPU I could make you some like standard. Also the buffers could be different and since you asked more importantly the amount of steps would be quite high on this eq for example -gain steps x frequency steps x dynamic steps . It's super Detailed. We are adding one more dimension to the equation..if you load eq band into nebula pro you could see how many samples are used at the top of the screen.

kindafishy wrote:What is the eq noise for, Tim?

Haha, I actually originally created them for my own a/b comparisons . It's just a bit of fun for those who want to use it. Also I wanted to see if anyone enjoyed using it as a bit of a experiment. It's there if you want it. Use it or leave it, it's entirely up to you. When we listen to hiss it alters our top end hearing, Sometimes tricks us into thinking there is more top end and texture. You could just add it to the mix if wished.
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:44 am

Ok I planned of buying Blue EQ because I wanted to try using only one eq mostly for all tracks to try glue the mix more. blue eq was perfect and fast to use.but not cheap.. so after ready all this I was afraid Gyrator was not enought colored to make a difference but I changed my mind. I guess it will help glue the mix and with the money saved I will get the new Titanium as my main mix comp so I guess it will help even more the glue my mix and make it sound very nice with those 2. and still use Tim awesome 76 when needed for drum, bass and more punchy stuff. also the Compex demo.

what I want to know is what is the big difference in the Aqua Engine. for example. is it the same effect if I stack up like 3 instance of the Gyrator on a track (use the low, mid and high eq) and if you have a Aqua version of it? because stacking 3 dynamic instance like this. is it more like using 3 hardware than only 1 with the curves interactions??. so its more like 3x3=9 distortion kernel instead of 3 ?
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:50 am

Hhmmm to be honest on a/b listening when stacking it sounds still like the hardware. If you want a clean instance you can turn off kernals in the kern page. I'm guessing acqua runs in series too.

On colour, it's not colourless but rather you may hear it has a little colour with a certain transparency and smoothness you have not heard before.

Edit-

I'm adding a few things to this library, should have a fresh download by tomorrow. This includes

1. special static presets for low cpu

2. fine tuned freqd kernal for slightly lower cpu on all presets
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Tomorrow is the last day for introductory price! 8-)

Will go up to £25!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Hannes_F » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:32 am

Tim Petherick wrote:
Edit-

I'm adding a few things to this library, should have a fresh download by tomorrow. This includes

1. special static presets for low cpu

2. fine tuned freqd kernal for slightly lower cpu on all presets

I'll voluntarily pay the price again for these. :-)
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby andy663 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Didn't get round to demoing this and so have just bought blindly before it goes to full price! Based on the quality of Tims recent releases, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
andy663
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:49 pm

andy663 wrote:Didn't get round to demoing this and so have just bought blindly before it goes to full price! Based on the quality of Tims recent releases, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

It's worth whatever he charges, and I am not just saying that. I just got done using it all over yet another mix....Really really nice and useful.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 pm

alright ... alright.

Finally got a moment to place my order ... see/hear what all the fuss is :lol:

Actually, I'm curious of the dynamic properties that this eq was created with. I've not heard any other NEB eq implimented this way.

plus ... got to support great Devs.

thanks
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby garrick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey Tim, thanks for the free copy. I haven't had a chance to take it though its paces yet but will come back with a full report when my new computer is built. Cheers
garrick
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries