Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq with introductory price!!

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 pm

mtalavera wrote:Just curious where you are using it in your workflow when you say you use it judiciously throughout your project?

The easier question to answer would be where I was not using it. To really test any eq, I like to use it on everything and anything at first, instead of automatically trying it on some supposedly "ideal" source. Some eq's actually end up ideal on certain things and not as ideal on others. This one, however, is working on everything I try it on. I am tempted to do an entire mix using it as the ONLY eq to really put it to the test...I expect that the mix would be awesome.
I have seen a few hardware eq's pass this test, not often, but I have seen it. I suspect that this library (and the hardware sampled) could do the same thing.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Wow, after seeing all these opinions, I wish this was an Acqua plugin...
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mtalavera » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm

kindafishy wrote:Wow, after seeing all these opinions, I wish this was an Acqua plugin...

Just out of curiosity, why do you wish this to be Acqua? I am all for the Acqua line of products and have purchased quite a few, but I am also very satisfied with the Nebula libraries and like both options.
mtalavera

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:20 pm

kindafishy wrote:Wow, after seeing all these opinions, I wish this was an Acqua plugin...

For the pennies Tim is charging right now for this there is no reason for it to be anything different from what it is! But you know how I feel about that topic....I personally prefer using Nebula to Acqua any time I can.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:59 pm

mtalavera wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do you wish this to be Acqua? I am all for the Acqua line of products and have purchased quite a few, but I am also very satisfied with the Nebula libraries and like both options.

I mix in two distinct stages that I think of as the 'technical mix' and the 'creative mix'. I don't think this is uncommon. I am perfectly satisfied using Nebula for things like consoles, tapes, pres and such that are, in my mind, a pre-mix set of activities that are bounced or frozen. This is the 'technical mix'. For the 'creative mix', I much prefer the workflow provided by Acqua. One plugin with everything at my fingertips.

I just don't want to use Nebula for EQ or compression. It negatively influences my enjoyment of performing a mix. No offence to anyone involved, whether it be Acustica, Tim or any happy users, it is just a personal preference and nothing more. That is also not to say that I am not personally impressed with what has been done. I am! It's just not for me. This may change with Nebula 4, depending on where the technology goes.

richie43 wrote:For the pennies Tim is charging right now for this there is no reason for it to be anything different from what it is! But you know how I feel about that topic....I personally prefer using Nebula to Acqua any time I can.

Yes, I agree actually... Please don't take this as a vote against developing things for Nebula. When I wrote "I wish this was an Acqua plugin", I didn't mean to imply "I wish this was not Nebula programs". It would have been better for me to write "I wish is was being released both as Nebula programs and an Acqua VST so that there are options for everyone". Like Silk.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 pm

@kindafishy:

No worries, that's why I said:
"I personally prefer using Nebula to Acqua any time I can."
Doing audio (as with anything in life) is a personal thing, we all have our needs and quirks. Do whatever helps you do your best and most enjoyable work, for sure!
But to pass on this unusually great library (and for almost free considering what it is) because it's not in Acqua format would be, in my opinion, your big loss.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:22 pm

richie43 wrote:@kindafishy:

No worries, that's why I said:
"I personally prefer using Nebula to Acqua any time I can."
Doing audio (as with anything in life) is a personal thing, we all have our needs and quirks. Do whatever helps you do your best and most enjoyable work, for sure!
But to pass on this unusually great library (and for almost free considering what it is) because it's not in Acqua format would be, in my opinion, your big loss.

Okay...

In the spirit of keeping an open mind, I just bought this and I'll try it out on my next mix. Maybe this will change my mind and open my eyes, er ears.

Jeez, Rich... you wouldn't happen to be a salesman, would you?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 pm

kindafishy wrote:Okay...

In the spirit of keeping an open mind, I just bought this and I'll try it out on my next mix. Maybe this will change my mind and open my eyes, er ears.

Jeez, Rich... you wouldn't happen to be a salesman, would you?

Suggestion (to really hear how different and cool this library is):
Use it on everything at first, as many instances as makes sense for whatever needs eq-ing. As Mercado said, it's like the music moves. This is dynamic sampling, and it really shines when there are more and more instances. I rarely have used an EQ (software or hardware) that achieves the mystical "gluing" that we usually use a character compressor for. This one does it for my ears.
And no, I am not a salesman by profession, but I have been told more than once that I should consider it. My problem with that is the fact that I am only a good salesman with products that I love too, so that may make life tough for me..... I am terrible at lying, I am too old-school honest!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:16 am

I think people may take this library as a colourful EQ but I think it's not color but the way it was sampled. You can boost bands and instead of getting harsh or boomy things tend to soften. I love A*I EQs for mixing, they simply work but this Gyrator EQ has soul (and sorry for that vague description but that's how it feel it).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Hannes_F » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:26 am

A question here: I have 2.8 % of CPU per band. That is as much as the OrangEQ with four bands. Although they both have 3 Kernels and OrangEQ is even Acqua. Is that correct?
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries