Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq with introductory price!!

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:54 pm

I've already sent you a email about this. I'm just changing location of the download.

Tim

Edit; upload finished!

Also here is some drums with gyrator. I've added a little eq to a snare, overheads (panned hard so you can hear the difference) and bass drum. I used additive eq so you can hear the tone easier. I also added some compression to snare ( another library I've been working on. The example is extreme to give you a good idea. Snare and bass drum forward 8-), not much overhead. My friend Mr.Paul McMahon on drums

and if your interested-mic's were Pr40 bass drum, Mc201 on snare, coles ribbon on overheads

As you can hear this is very over the top and sound's completely different. The eq can obviously do more natural cut's and boosts..

after.wav
(5.86 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
before.wav
(5.86 MiB) Downloaded 108 times

And some added hiss :lol:
Attachments
after and hiss.wav
(5.86 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:57 am

Graphs and some wavs with gyrator noise added to the website.

Add some Gyrator eq noise!!! Get the wav's to add to a buss! simply eq that bus with the eq for a interactive sound!

Introductory price will last till Friday, Then increase to £25.

Also updates/resamples for other library's are now in the works. Expect to see around a 30% or more increase in all prices after updates.

Thanks
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:24 am

Tim did definitely raise the bar on this one. I've been using it for 3 days in 2 mixes and besides the cool curves and shapes I can actually feel this EQ moving (sounds silly but that's the only way to describe this). It's probably that new dynamic sampling technique that Tim has been writting about or maybe something else but this EQ is very different from all others. It sounds so natural on everything I've used it on that it blends with the source like it was recorded like that.

Seriously, if you're looking for a good, focused, versatile (it has many freq points) and natural sounding EQ this is the one... The low end you get with this is addictive (so addictive that I had to back down a few notches because on the mastering stage it was killing the limiter :lol: )
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:43 am

Ha ha Mercado....This is what I was posting when yours posted.......(Like minds perhaps....?)

Another incredible EQ library for the Nebula platform from the brilliant Tim Petherick. Everything he has done for Nebula has been out of this world, and this EQ is another. This is a meticulous sampling of a restored vintage EQ originally designed by N**e and rebuilt by Raw State in the UK. These EQ's were produced by an English company that shares a name with a popular Microphone, but it is not the same company (A***x, as a hint). They are punchy and slightly colorful, and very even across all bands. For my tastes, it's real forte is the low end, which is really solid, tight, and can be massive. What I have noticed most, though, is that when I use this EQ judiciously throughout a project, it's like things "glue" so much easier (I hate that cliche, but sometimes cliches become cliches for a reason...). I even thought that maybe I was imagining it, so I tried replacing some with other eq's (variety is a GOOD thing, right?), and I swear the mix fell apart just a little.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:51 am

?question?

Any details on the presets?

How many, how are they organized ? ... ya know ... the general layout.

Is there a separate 'preamp'? clean & harmonic presets?

Thanks for any additional info.
;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 am

RJHollins wrote:?question?

Any details on the presets?

How many, how are they organized ? ... ya know ... the general layout.

Is there a separate 'preamp'? clean & harmonic presets?

Thanks for any additional info.
;)

Um......Did you look at Tim's website....?

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... yrator-eq/

Lots of good info there.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:57 am

RJHollins wrote:How many, how are they organized ? ... ya know ... the general layout.

4 programs: Filter, Low, Mid and High

RJHollins wrote:Is there a separate 'preamp'? clean & harmonic presets?

No, there are only 4 programs like I said. No clean/kernels versions. There isn't a preamp either but the sound of this EQ makes it pointless anyways because it's dynamic, so to speak (you can push it and it will "talk" lol)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 am

No need for a preamp on this! 3k harmonics, 3k harmonics because that was all that was there even when pushed. One of the best output stages we have seen in vintage eq.
Sampled interaction on different gains and frequences etc this means each position is unique. 4 samples rates. I really dislike src and if used I actually think you can hear src more on this release than other libraries since the transient sounds so clean.
Four bands sampled representing the eq.
If customers really want a preamp I can do and did initially make one,saw no benefit in using it over say the filter samples. In other words there is a off position on the filter. It's quick selection, I'm always trying to cut down on what we truly need. It still took forever to sample because it's a complex way to sample stuff.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:27 pm

richie43 wrote:Ha ha Mercado....This is what I was posting when yours posted.......(Like minds perhaps....?)

Another incredible EQ library for the Nebula platform from the brilliant Tim Petherick. Everything he has done for Nebula has been out of this world, and this EQ is another. This is a meticulous sampling of a restored vintage EQ originally designed by N**e and rebuilt by Raw State in the UK. These EQ's were produced by an English company that shares a name with a popular Microphone, but it is not the same company (A***x, as a hint). They are punchy and slightly colorful, and very even across all bands. For my tastes, it's real forte is the low end, which is really solid, tight, and can be massive. What I have noticed most, though, is that when I use this EQ judiciously throughout a project, it's like things "glue" so much easier (I hate that cliche, but sometimes cliches become cliches for a reason...). I even thought that maybe I was imagining it, so I tried replacing some with other eq's (variety is a GOOD thing, right?), and I swear the mix fell apart just a little.

I just purchased CDSM's ACQ560 EQ library and though that one was also brilliant. But reviews like this and the price convinced me to pick this one up as well.

Just curious where you are using it in your workflow when you say you use it judiciously throughout your project?
mtalavera

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:...I really dislike src and if used I actually think you can hear src more on this release than other libraries since the transient sounds so clean.

+1000
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries