Login

Vintage Gyrator eq.

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NEW RELEASE Vintage Gyrator eq.

Postby lubomba » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Man for me this gyrator eq is really the best eq done so far! It's unbelievable. So natural and beautiful. It's pure music. When you boost the bass e.g. it gets bigger and rounder - not in the "taking about sound way" but in the actual physical way. you can FEEL the waves getting bigger and bigger in a 3D way. The mids are equally beautiful and natural and the highs are just insane. For me this sounds better than everything else I tried. Sadly the acquas don't reach this sound quality. Don't know if it's the way this was sampled (something like dynamically) but it's a BEAUTIFUL EQ !!!!
lubomba
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby kindafishy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:12 pm

lubomba wrote:Man for me this gyrator eq is really the best eq done so far! It's unbelievable. So natural and beautiful. It's pure music. When you boost the bass e.g. it gets bigger and rounder - not in the "taking about sound way" but in the actual physical way. you can FEEL the waves getting bigger and bigger in a 3D way. The mids are equally beautiful and natural and the highs are just insane. For me this sounds better than everything else I tried. Sadly the acquas don't reach this sound quality. Don't know if it's the way this was sampled (something like dynamically) but it's a BEAUTIFUL EQ !!!!

I agree with the Gyrator praises, although I feel very strongly that there are Acqua EQs that are also at this level of quality.

I find that Gyrator, along with the CDSM Acqua N-TEN-AT4 and the Acqua Blue EQ are all absolutely indispensable.

N-TEN-AT4 is my every-track-workhorse. It has all the right filters, curves, mojo and sound quality for the job.

After N-TEN, I find that which EQ I reach for (if I need a second series EQ at all) depends on how I feel about the tone I am about to EQ. If I love all of the characteristics of the sound and I just want to accentuate what is already there, it is Gyrator. If I want to alter the character in a more or less aggressive way, it is Blue.

But yes, Gyrator is incredible and a necessary fixture in my 'toolbox' now.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Vintage Gyrator eq.

Postby RE301 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Gyrator sounds great - thanks for this library...
As others have mentioned the high (shelf?) sounds fantastic - really good for vocal 'air'...
Very useful! :-)
RE301

Postby mtalavera » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:44 pm

RE301 wrote:Gyrator sounds great - thanks for this library...
As others have mentioned the high (shelf?) sounds fantastic - really good for vocal 'air'...
Very useful! :-)

I agree with you that this EQ sounds great. I took the advice posted somewhere in this thread to use this EQ everywhere, and it has a great cumulative effect.

The high band is not a shelf, according to the product page on Tim's website.
mtalavera

Postby RE301 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Maybe its explained in this thread but I was curious about the % fader setting - how does that correspond to DB of boost / cut eg: what amount of % corresponds to say 1-2 DB ?

Obviously I use my ears anyway, but was curious...
RE301

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi,

Ok the knobs on the hardware where almost exponential with no markings. I choose to keep it as close as possible. You'll notice a very small amount of boost or cut for the most part of the fader. Towards the end you have a big boost.

By the way it is a bell curve for all three selections but as frequency is increased we have a broadening.
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Aha - thank you! (Ultra-fast reply! :-) )

Its a 'use the force' situation - nice !

This is a great-sounding eq that has a unique character - very useful indeed, thanks again!
RE301

Postby beingmf3 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you everyone in this thread! Thanks Tim for this - has been said before: magical - EQ!
beingmf3

Postby kylen » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:55 pm

richie43 wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:Ok,

I've mixing quite a bit with this eq and I wondered if anyone thinks this would be a good idea-

adding a dry control for when you want to get a sharper peak sound but without it being sounding dramatic when applied. I tried this and I think It works very well. So basically a bit like a parallel eq.

Let me know what you think!?

I use Reaper, which as a wet/dry parameter for ALL plugins, and I have also been trying that with this eq. For non-Reaper users, it would be very generous of you to offer it.

I had to bump this - I tried jacking the Gain up to 100% and using Reaper Mix (starting at 0 and blending to taste) with Gyrator on my masterbus. Now I see what you mean in VST Analyzer - depending on the Gain % I can get all different Q's starting with veeerry wide up to verry narrow at 100% Gyrator Gain. Then depending on the Q I need I can mix to taste using Reaper without overdoing it. No phasing issues (naturally for Gyrator), mucho control and great sound. I'm missing the 400Hz range on Gyrator...experimenting with AlexB ORbital EQ (and mix again). Nice tip guys! Where I want a particular Q but not all the gain. Thanks :)
kylen

Postby RE301 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Really been enjoying the Gyrator on vocal
'air' duties....... Super!
RE301

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries