Login

AlexB V2 comp

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby tumburu » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:I ran a similar test a few years ago when I switched to 96kHz for mixing and recording. I've had 3 audio interfaces during that time and I've always used REAPER. My results have always been the same: DSPBUFFER at 2048 and an interface buffer size of 512 give me the best balance between CPU load and smoothness.

Really? Better than using higher figures?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Reaper has some of the most efficient and detailed options for buffering too which doesn't hurt.

tumburu wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:I ran a similar test a few years ago when I switched to 96kHz for mixing and recording. I've had 3 audio interfaces during that time and I've always used REAPER. My results have always been the same: DSPBUFFER at 2048 and an interface buffer size of 512 give me the best balance between CPU load and smoothness.

Really? Better than using higher figures?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:42 pm

The tests that Mercado describes can be revealing, but I can attest that the results are not universal. I have done the same tests after Mercado suggested it to me years ago, and after reading this thread, just did them again. I got the more expected results and have the best performance with Nebula's DSP Buffer settings AND my Reaper buffer as high as they can go. Definitely experiment though because I think that every system is unique and will respond differently to different settings.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Back on topic ... would absolutely love a re-sampling of the Phoenix compressor.

It's a beautiful piece that shines on any acoustic source - but also excels on the master bus of anything, including EDM, just for the subtle effect on depth and size. I'd pick it over the M****y Vari-Mu for tracking or 2-bus compression.

It's really a brilliant piece of hardware, and I hope Alex can capture it even more faithfully in the future.

Meanwhile, looking forward to the A*I updates - keep up the hard work Alex. MFC and the Teldec EQs are beautiful.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby richie43 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:04 pm

I CAN say that there are some VERY good things coming from Alex in the near future.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Yes, AFAIK there are a few nice things on the way. I just hope that enough customers continue to support Alessandro so that he's able to continue his developments.

I've even bought libraries I didn't really need or intend to use , because I wanted him to continue releasing new samplings. Every purchase is an investment. Which reminds me, need to update MPeQ to V2!

For anybody who appreciates his hard work, we can help out by spreading the word and providing processing examples and library reviews or recommendations.

Unfortunately, it's easy to have praises dismissed if they are raving and superfluous, and to be regarded and ignored as a Nebula fanatic or fanboy on forums. Let's take care not to bombard other topics with unsolicited Nebula support, but rather create and contribute to new or appropriate topics. I hope that doesn't sound preachy, it is really coming from an earnest and positive position.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 pm

shared sentiment for sure ! 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby hwasser » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Modern Black Console is gone from the site, replaced by "American 16 Console" ;)
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby tyrrell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:43 am

Nice, any Idea if it's going to count as a version 2 upgrade from MBC?
tyrrell
User Level V
User Level V

Postby jorismak » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:56 am

You can guess the URL for the new A16 console :). Price, description and demo sounds seem to be there.
Also, there is mention of American 5A and 5B EQ, and A5D Dynamics. The one user manual for ALL his programs he has on his site, is updated to include new American xxxx stuff.

I guess release can't be far off now, kinda 'hyped' for this :).
jorismak

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries