Login

AlexB V2 comp

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby AlexB » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Actually the V2 are: MTC, VMeQ, MPeQ.

The new compressors sound a lot better than old, even without the new technology which is exclusive for acqua plugins and it allows to control the fast transient only, but the sound...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby hwasser » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:33 pm

jorismak wrote:The thing apparently is Alex, a lot of users are willing to pay the $5 upgrade (or more) for V2-upgrades (specially after using the new V2 libraries like the MF eq / dynamics) but they aren't here yet for most of the users.


Agreed. I'm not interested in the MFC though because it sounds to modern and too less colored for the kind of music I record and mix.

Moog is synthstuff. Enough said.

I'm very interested in the v2 VBeq and MBC though! :)

Btw, the v2 versions are also in 44.1 kHz. Does 44.1 use less ram and cpu usage than 99.6 version when used in a 44.1 project?
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 am

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby tumburu » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:09 am

AlexB wrote:Actually the V2 are: MTC, VMeQ, MPeQ.

The new compressors sound a lot better than old, even without the new technology which is exclusive for acqua plugins and it allows to control the fast transient only, but the sound...


I think your focus was not on the most popular items. MBC, CLC, BMQ, PTQ etc. are the ones I believe people would jump on, not the Moog eq or the tube console.

As for the compressors, I'd really love to have a proper Phoenix, maybe in an Aqua interface. That's a tool that's worth being done right. The S*L one too.
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:32 am

tumburu wrote:
AlexB wrote:Actually the V2 are: MTC, VMeQ, MPeQ.

The new compressors sound a lot better than old, even without the new technology which is exclusive for acqua plugins and it allows to control the fast transient only, but the sound...


I think your focus was not on the most popular items. MBC, CLC, BMQ, PTQ etc. are the ones I believe people would jump on, not the Moog eq or the tube console.

As for the compressors, I'd really love to have a proper Phoenix, maybe in an Aqua interface. That's a tool that's worth being done right. The S*L one too.


AGREED!!!
dacaveprods
Member
Member
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby jorismak » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:08 pm

hwasser wrote:Btw, the v2 versions are also in 44.1 kHz. Does 44.1 use less ram and cpu usage than 96.0 version when used in a 44.1 project?


Not while running the project. The 96khz Nebula data is resampled to 44.1 _on loading_, and from that moment on is just like a 44.1 program.

So it saves time _on loading_, not while running or using the project.

Maybe it saves a bit on RAM to use native 44.1 programs but I'm not sure.

A lot of users find it a nicer idea to work with programs which are sampled - or at least processed - in 44.1khz instead of having Nebula resample the data.

So, it saves on _loading_ time primarily, and people might like the sound better of a native 44.1 program.
jorismak
Member
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 am

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby AlexB » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:46 pm

hwasser wrote:Btw, the v2 versions are also in 44.1 kHz. Does 44.1 use less ram and cpu usage than 99.6 version when used in a 44.1 project?


The new releases, new libraries and v2.0 upgrades, are sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The 44.1kHz sounds a lot better than any Nebula internal resample process or the library resampled by SRC. Native 44.1kHz preset uses less Ram and CPU load also.

The improvement in sound quality of the new A*I and N**e libraries will leave you with open mouth.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:57 pm

AlexB wrote:
hwasser wrote:Btw, the v2 versions are also in 44.1 kHz. Does 44.1 use less ram and cpu usage than 99.6 version when used in a 44.1 project?


The new releases, new libraries and v2.0 upgrades, are sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The 44.1kHz sounds a lot better than any Nebula internal resample process or the library resampled by SRC. Native 44.1kHz preset uses less Ram and CPU load also.

The improvement in sound quality of the new A*I and N**e libraries will leave you with open mouth.


I've been awaiting true 44.1 :D awesome
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
User avatar
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby dagovitsj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:01 pm

AlexB wrote:
hwasser wrote:Btw, the v2 versions are also in 44.1 kHz. Does 44.1 use less ram and cpu usage than 99.6 version when used in a 44.1 project?


The new releases, new libraries and v2.0 upgrades, are sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The 44.1kHz sounds a lot better than any Nebula internal resample process or the library resampled by SRC. Native 44.1kHz preset uses less Ram and CPU load also.

The improvement in sound quality of the new A*I and N**e libraries will leave you with open mouth.


- Hi! If I purchase Sidecar81 today, will I receive the V2 update for free then? Or will the update be a set price of 5 € of each library?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby kindafishy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:14 pm

AlexB wrote:The new releases, new libraries and v2.0 upgrades, are sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The 44.1kHz sounds a lot better than any Nebula internal resample process or the library resampled by SRC. Native 44.1kHz preset uses less Ram and CPU load also.

The improvement in sound quality of the new A*I and N**e libraries will leave you with open mouth.


Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait just a second there... hold the phone...

You are saying that the programs sound better when used at their native sampling rate?

I was under the impression that there would be no difference if Nebula was to resample to another rate - especially if resampling from 44.1 up to 48 where there should technically be no loss of information whatsoever.

Can you please give a technical reason as to why it would sound better at 44.1?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: AlexB V2 comp

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:33 pm

kindafishy wrote:
AlexB wrote:The new releases, new libraries and v2.0 upgrades, are sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz. The 44.1kHz sounds a lot better than any Nebula internal resample process or the library resampled by SRC. Native 44.1kHz preset uses less Ram and CPU load also.

The improvement in sound quality of the new A*I and N**e libraries will leave you with open mouth.


Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait just a second there... hold the phone...

You are saying that the programs sound better when used at their native sampling rate?

I was under the impression that there would be no difference if Nebula was to resample to another rate - especially if resampling from 44.1 up to 48 where there should technically be no loss of information whatsoever.

Can you please give a technical reason as to why it would sound better at 44.1?


obviously I'm not alex but consider this general truth: any time you can avoid conversion, you are getting the best fidelity. Plain and simple. Conversion is another process after all. In fairness, the Nebula conversion, comparatively speaking, is indeed really good. The sentiment there is "no difference" is always a bit loaded versus native rate. But it is based on the implicit fact that yes there is a difference with any additional process involved however it is a comparative idea that does involve understanding the quality you get in the compromise of conversion . So all things being equal, no conversion means removing just another process.
This isn't about which rate is better, so consider this as well: working at 44.1 is better to use 44.1. Conversely at 96, it's better at 96...etc
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
User avatar
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mathias and 3 guests