Login

nebula-programs.com

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

nebula-programs.com

Postby camio » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:07 am

Anyone know what happened to nebula-programs.com?
camio
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: nebula-programs.com

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 am

check analoginthebox, they were the owners of that website
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mirco » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:15 pm

yeah, you're welcome to visit the new site and products
at http://www.analoginthebox.com

ciao
Mirco
Mirco

Postby camio » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm not sure my question is really being answered here. nebula-programs used to be a site where people made their programs freely available. Analoginthebox is a commercial site selling programs.

If a freely sharing community site got replaced with a single commercial one where things are only for-pay, then that would be a sad development to say the least. How did this decision come about?
camio
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 pm

camio wrote:I'm not sure my question is really being answered here. nebula-programs used to be a site where people made their programs freely available. Analoginthebox is a commercial site selling programs.

If a freely sharing community site got replaced with a single commercial one where things are only for-pay, then that would be a sad development to say the least. How did this decision come about?

I don't see how having a controlled, knowledgeable 3rd party developer who put in time to learn and understand the technology, selling the products for it for peanuts a 'sad development.' When the value of something drops, lacks quality control, becomes wildly and widely accessible as a run-of-the-mill thing, that is a sad development.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:03 pm

TranscendingMusic wrote:
camio wrote:I'm not sure my question is really being answered here. nebula-programs used to be a site where people made their programs freely available. Analoginthebox is a commercial site selling programs.

I don't see how having a controlled, knowledgeable 3rd party developer who put in time to learn and understand the technology, selling the products for it for peanuts a 'sad development.' When the value of something drops, lacks quality control, becomes wildly and widely accessible as a run-of-the-mill thing, that is a sad development.

I have to agree with TM's comment. He is especially sensitive to the topic, as at one time he was selling what I consider to be the most ahead of it's time libraries of the highest caliber, and all for "peanuts". Do you think it is a coincidence that TM no longer samples gear to release in the Nebula world?
And for the record, that community you seek is right here on the forum. many users do their own sampling and offer it for free in a thread here, just search around and you will find many. But the decision of AITB to release their own libraries is a very HAPPY development, we now have a growing collection of some really primo gear being offered to us for a ridiculously low price.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:07 am

just to give you a perspective camio: :)

nebulaprograms.com was in the early days of nebula and was a nice place for sharing stuff. the site was maintained by niklas, and had its costs timewise and moneywise. niklas himself was contributing to the site with some highquality samplings, which then lead to analoginthebox.
great products for very low prices, so that everybody can afford it.
the free site was available still for some time and then was taken down after a while. if there is nobody who can "afford" to do this for free, such projects dissolve and that's correct.
if you have ever done such a job of maintaining a free service in your life, you may very well understand, that things have an end after while, when you stay alone in this effort.
i think there is no point in complaining when something free is no longer available. it was there, it was free and the project itself has the same freedom, to stop whenever it feels like ... end of story.
new things will come along.

it still is a great community here and there are some great free programs available on the forum as ritchie said. go find them and enjoy!
the rest is history ...

peace, ;)
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries