Login

AlexB - Happy Halloween Release: ORbital Objects: eQ & Dyn !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB - Happy Halloween Release: ORbital Objects: eQ & Dyn !

Postby AlexB » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:26 am

Hello, happy halloween !!!

Orbital eQ & Orbital Dynamics has been released !!!

ORbital eQ
American classics all purpose equalizer
This is an American classics from the 1980's: an quasi-parametric equalizer of high professional quality. The flexibility offered by the OReQ makes it a particulary powerful tool in nearly all areas of audio: sound reinforcement, pubblic address, recording studio, broadcasting, motion picture sound, disco, theatre. Equipped with the optional output transformer and totally refurbished as new, the unit sounds clean, slightly dense with a nice mojo. The OReQ easily meets the quality, performance, and reliability requirements of the demanding professionals, and is also well suited for use in semi pro applications.

OReQ has been sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz in a professional recording studio with custom converters built specifically for NAT3 which outperforms $20k commercial converters.

- New preset organization by frequency
- All band covered from 20Hz to 20kHz +/-16dB with continuous variable Q
- Special Baxandall combo preset
- HPF and LPF

Please, check the website and download the user manual and the OReQ-Demo, it has the same preset and audio quality of the commercial release.

Special price until 15th Nov. 2014!

No C.P. !

--------------------------------------------------------

ORbital Dynamics
The BIG FM sound
Orbital Dynamics are composed by a compressor and a limiter. Both units are a classics American Broadcast dynamics and they come from an FM Broadcast station located in Texas, they have been refurbished but the original broadcast setup has been kept (upon customer demand). So the sound sampled is unusual and more on the FX side with really BIG bottom.
The Compressor (G-Ravity) has program dependent attack and release, the basic preset emulates the original unit. The Limiter (Co-Smonaut) is a pretty fast limiter at 1kernel with HF control which emphasizes the high frequency over 3kHz, as G-Ravity the basic Co-Smonaut's preset emulates the original unit.

ORD has been sampled at 44.1kHz and 96kHz in a professional recording studio with custom converters built specifically for NAT3 which outperforms $20k commercial converters.

Please, check the website and download the user manual and the ORD-Demo, it has the same preset and audio quality of the commercial release.

Special price until 15th Nov. 2014!

No C.P. !

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Last edited by AlexB on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - Happy Halloween Release: ORbital Objects !

Postby kylen » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:51 am

Happy Halloween AlexB - thanks for the new ORbital sounds! I'm thinking these are going to sound mighty fine...I like the looks of the EQ, am going to try to comp/lim first. :)
kylen

Postby kels » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:39 am

ORbital eQ
American classics all purpose equalizer

Hi Alex,

As Orange Eq is also a O... 672a, I'd like to know how this one is different ? (apart from your unique sampling methode of course which can make all the difference by itself)

thanks
kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby prosodio » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 pm

I´ve heard the differences, and for my tastes, ORbital is way better, great colour, more 3d, more analog...maybe others prefers orangeeq... but hey! it´s me!!! :P
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby kindafishy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 pm

prosodio wrote:I´ve heard the differences, and for my tastes, ORbital is way better, great colour, more 3d, more analog...maybe others prefers orangeeq... but hey! it´s me!!! :P

How is one analog sampling more analog than another analog sampling?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kylen » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Apparently there is enough variation in the sampling/editing technique to account for audible differences. Combine that with the differences between physical units and we've got some interesting healthy competition going on here!!! Things are getting very interesting for us end users... :D
kylen

Postby prosodio » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Converters are a very important factor when sampling (something new here???).... and it can make great differences if you sample the same hardware device... one can be very close to hardware and the other one not so close.... As I said it´s my point of view, but for me, alex release sounds way better.... Last releases since alex upgraded his converters have improved his libraries to another level.... Try any new eq or console and you will notice what I´m talking about....
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby kindafishy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:37 pm

prosodio wrote:Converters are a very important factor when sampling (something new here???).... and it can make great differences if you sample the same hardware device... one can be very close to hardware and the other one not so close.... As I said it´s my point of view, but for me, alex release sounds way better.... Last releases since alex upgraded his converters have improved his libraries to another level.... Try any new eq or console and you will notice what I´m talking about....

I think I understand. Just to clarify, by saying it comes across as more analog to you, you are trying to express that you feel the AlexB sampled programs sound more accurate when compared to the hardware. Is that right? IYO, MMMV, etc :)
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kylen » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:35 pm

One thing I noticed about the Q on OReQ is that lower values are very tight and higher values like 10 are very wide. I guess I don't know what Q means in the case of the OReQ, but I know how to make narrow or wide cuts. That's all that matters. The bandwidths go nicely tight to verrry wide - nice! :)
kylen

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 pm

kylen it can be confusing to some folks as far as Q is concerned. But once you are aware of what terminology is being used to describe that function then you can easily discern how the value is being implemented. Traditionally when using 'Q' as it is indicated on an equalizer, as you know lower values indicate wider bandwidth. So when you see the term 'bandwidth' used instead it is a much more direct and intuitive way to describe that function and naturally, here, higher values indicate wider bandwidth.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries