Login

CDSM has a NEW COMPRESSOR!! (There is a FREE version too!!!)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CDSM has a NEW COMPRESSOR!! (There is a FREE version too!!!)

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:24 am

Things are really getting great in Nebula/Acqua land. This is a very cool and all original CDSM creation. I helped test this, and am super pleased with Michael Angel's approach to the Nebula/Acqua juiciness combines with compression and functionality. Really nice, go check out the free version. Make sure you read up on the tons of info about this!

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... /WTBC.html
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: CDSM has a NEW COMPRESSOR!! (There is a FREE version too

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:31 am

NiCE...
dacaveprods

Postby kindafishy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:53 am

I couldn't find any information on the CDSM web site to indicate that it uses Nebula or Acqua technology. Is this sampled? Algo? Algo with mojo?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:59 am

kindafishy wrote:I couldn't find any information on the CDSM web site to indicate that it uses Nebula or Acqua technology. Is this sampled? Algo? Algo with mojo?

This is what Michael told me and said that i could repeat because I knew that this question would be asked:

"It is Acqua.
It is not combining a separate technology as far as added coding or anything of that sort.
But, I have done a lot on my end that would typically be done in a coding process to make this very unique.
First, the actual sampling process is edited.
The tube construction in the sound is carefully designed to give a very precise harmonic response in each program.
This is not just editing in/out levels of Neb Pro programs, but taking real tube and transformer recordings and editing them to give me the harmonics I want to align to the compression.
Next- matching the harmonics to the desired shape of the spectrum at each dynamic change- meaning that the overall frequency balance has a nice full extended low range, an extremely extended high range, with a small lift way above hearing range. But, it compresses slightly heavier from the mids to upper frequencies, giving it an easier time to balance out the mix, unless the desire to clamp down hard on the sound and intentionally make it pump or breath heavier.
The timing of the programs and their compression element are edited in the Acqua engine.
The right column of programs use an internal high pass engine from Acqua.
The timing of each program is carefully designed looping different program material to prpoperly tune it to actual music, in harmony with my work concept as a mastering engineer to test everything not just with tones but for hours with actual music content, since that is what it has to sound good used with.

Finally, the most obvious- the drive knob, which I typically recommend leaving completely alone unless needing to go extremely clean in which case reduction is good.

Regarding the buttons- I helped test things with the first generation of the 'channel' test program when the feature was implemented.
I have used the program buttons for nearly 2 years, from the STU A-820 and Apex programs forward."

There was more, but this is the most pertinent. This is not "Hybrid" technology, it is CDSM exclusive Acqua though, different from the also cool new Acustica-only Acqua tech.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kindafishy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:08 am

Wow, awesome information Rich, thanks!
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:11 am

NiCE!!! Can't wait to hear on some Bass Heavy(Hip Hop, Etc) Material...
dacaveprods

Postby Martinez » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:12 am

Wow this thing sounds amazing!
Martinez

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:55 am

(Disclaimer: I don't work for CDSM and do not get any perks or compensation for selling)

Pay attention to dates everyone. I don't remember off hand what the time-line is (it's on the CDSM website), but this compressor (and his other awesome tube mastering compressor) are being sold at reduced pricing right now. He also mentioned some awesome pre-exisiting customer" bonuses.....
" previous customers email me if interested in a special combo deal, as I am happy to help them customize multiple purchase decisions to save on what they are interested in."

Take advantage of this kindness for some great products.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:01 am

Hi Rich and Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the interest and kind words.
Getting a good number of demo downloads so that is great.

Please check out the product page and feel free to download the pdf for further explanation and recommendations on design and use. DL the audio samples as well. I tend to use things that are a real challenge to get the perfect sound on, so hopefully you can appreciate it isn't just about the sound of the drums and music but how tough they are to grab and blend (yes, that is me on drums followed by music from a new soundtrack I finished recently).

Since it is designed as my favorite 'type' of Buss Comp - aka- a character-filled warm tube design, I included some notes on technique, like parallel and dual stage.

The Free Demo gives you the first program and the high pass version of the first program.

There are 8 programs additionally in the full version (10 total). These give you a very wide range of handling and are not just variations of the same thing with dif lengths. This really covers the range you would hope for.

If interested in hearing on bass heavy like mentioned above please send me an example of something you are interested in hearing and I can run it through the programs if interested.

And, just like Rich mentioned, the price- I would gladly compare this to a buss comp from competing algo developers in the $299 range, so please don't let the price make you think it is a cheapo device. This is true blood, sweat, tears design.
The Acustica Audio music community are the BEST on the internet in terms of a SENSE of community, quality in musicianship, production, engineering, support, and understanding of what goes into this 'stuff', so I consider all of that when holding up to that standard as well. This WTBC is made for you guys, for a serious blending tool, and I genuinely hope it finds its niche.

I am keeping the VTMC-M2 at its intro Price for this week to honor a last chance to get it at its intro price, since the WTBC is now released, so I hope you all enjoy!!!

God Bless You-
Michael
Last edited by cdsoundmaster on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Andrums » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 am

Any plans for Mac VST version?
Andrums

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries