Login

AlexB - Vintage Master eQ v2 : Released !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Vintage Master eQ v2 : Released !

Postby RJHollins » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:47 am

well ... we might have, but I wasn't assuming this the case. No Problem 8-)

Quick review.

Since I had v1 already in session, it was simple to add a v2 to compare.

First I will say that the VMeQ has been used only time to time. For some reason it would slip thru the crack as other EQ's got the call. it happens :roll:

Within minutes comparing v1 to v2 ... we have a new champion :lol:

Not sure what I expected in the v2 release. But what we did get was more transparency/clarity. :o I'm not yet listening for 'character' or 'color' ... because the moment I drop in an instance [no gain], the 'hmmmm' factor happened 8-)

For the current project, the LowShelf of +.75 @ 40Hz put just the amount of low end authority to move the room ... without boominess or mud. :D

I gave the HFShelf a test ... not for this track.

But I did want to hit the upper mid-range, so I pulled in the 5.6k bell and added 0.24 db. That is all that was needed.

Whatever AlexB is doing with these v2 releases has again taken Nebula sound quality to a higher level. I don't know if having both 44.1 and 96k libraries is contributing. I do very much appreciate having 44.1 since I work that rate often. But even when I used v1 at 96k, my memory tells me that v2 is a whole new level. I will NOT be ignoring this EQ again ... for sure !

alright ... back to work for me.

AlexB .... Thank-you !
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby sneaky » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am

excellent
sneaky

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:50 am

alright ... I can't say that it is just this album that I'm mastering ... but ...

The VMeQ v2 LOW SHELF is just fantastic. :shock:

Even hitting a track at 30Hz with +4.5 .

Other tracks, as little as 0.5dB opens the sub-end in a very controlled, clean way ... with authority. Very nice.

I've owned this EQ since day one release, but never used it much. This V2 has been an eye-opener ... as well as great timing for this mastering project.

With it being 'only' 2 shelfing presets and mid band with fixed Q ... that can be quite deceiving.

Again ... with so many low shelfing libraries to call on ... this one is a stand out. The mid band is equally excellent. The Hi shelf I've not used as yet, beyond quick listen and didn't need it for this project.

If there's a demo ... do check it out.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:21 am

I am having experiences similar to what RJ describes... This is an extremely deceptively simple eq. And the last thing I used it on got a good dose of the high shelf....Really nice and smooth using fairly large boosts (4-6db!!) of "air" frequencies and zero harshness. If there is no demo (there might be, I have not checked), I am volunteering to process a track for anyone who would like to hear how nice this simple yet powerful eq is. Upload me a pre-master mix (or a clip of one) and PM me a link. I would like to help Alex get this eq into more ears.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries