Login

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: U76v2 completely New V, Faster, no ringing and PD!! RELE

Postby SWAN » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:03 am

I wasnt a huge 1176 fan - I see it as a more acoustic/rock music compressor...however with a mix/dry control - it becomes very useful IMO...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 am

These programs r really GREAT!!! im a 1176 guy for Hip Hop,Etc n this thing gives me that sound on everything i tried it on... WONDERFUL JOB!!! #SALUTE!!!
dacaveprods

Postby ianc » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 pm

No regrets after playing with this for a few days, just big :D
Was wondering about the attack\release controls, anyone know if these readings/markings equate to seconds or if not what the scale used is :?:
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby evaderod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 pm

I got it and have been enjoying it already. Thanks Tim.

@ianc

Tim's program works like the hardware.
Using 1176 manual as reference it appears that:

The 1176 attack time is adjustable from 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds. The attack time is fastest when the Attack knob is in its fully clockwise position("7" on the hardware),and is slowest when it is in its fully counterclockwise position("1" on the hardware).

The 1176 release time is adjustable from 50 milliseconds to 1100 milliseconds (1.1 seconds). The release time is fastest when the Release knob is in its fully clockwise position("7" on the hardware), and is slowest when it is in its fully counterclockwise position("1" on the hardware).

On the program it's 1 to 10 scale with "10" being the fastest attack and release and "0" being the slowest.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Last edited by evaderod on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 am

Tim - any plans on nebulizing an 1178? I'm at a friend's studio for mixdown and I kind of fell in love with his (a little disdained - until now) early 1178 model. Quite amazing what it does on the drum bus ...
beingmf3

Postby ianc » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:29 pm

@Evaderod
just what I need to know, helps very much
Big thanks
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby aatigre » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:01 pm

This library is great!
I dont have the hardware to compare but i dont think that this is so important. These programs really compress, adding nice weight and harmonic distorsion to the sound.
In my opinion is the best Nebula compressor ever.

Besides i really like that Tim is still developing stuff for the "old skool" Nebula platform. To be honest i dont like the Acqua direction. I understand that some people like more realistic GUIs but i have the feeling that all that increases the final price. I really prefer to pay less, pay just for the sound and use the Akai like interface that tells me that this is a sampled piece of hardware.
aatigre
User Level II
User Level II

Postby hwasser » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Besides i really like that Tim is still developing stuff for the "old skool" Nebula platform. To be honest i dont like the Acqua direction. I understand that some people like more realistic GUIs but i have the feeling that all that increases the final price.

I have to agree with you there, Nebula was lots of fun because all the analog stuff (most companies have 3-4 analog EQs, nebula have almost a hundred!) and the programs were kind of cheap, like 20€ per EQ, now with the new Aqua-programs it is 89€ per EQ (yaiics!)

Off-topic: Also Nebula have taught me a lot about analog stuff and analog behavior. I had NO IDEA what "proper gain-staging" or VU meant a couple of months ago, now I record everything in 0 VU! :lol:

Now I also know how Consoles work, I mean how THEY REALLY WORK, in which order the sound goes from different parts etc, summing, different consoles, different analog stuff overall. Before I only knew about the classical A*I, N**e and S*L (and the Vintage Design preamps I own :roll: When I started recording I asked for good preamps and got them Vintage Design preamps recommended, good stuff. The M87D I got has the input stage of a 1081 and output stage of a 1073 with carnhill transformers).
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby UrbSgt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:08 pm

i'm trying to buy this thing while its still 16 pounds, but the site isn't really working too well right now.
UrbSgt
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi,

Got a few issues on the website should have it fixed later.

Cheers,

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries