Login

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: U76v2 completely New V, Faster, no ringing and PD!! RELE

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 am

Tim Petherick wrote:A little preview here of the harmonics in action on the blu-mu Comp/limiter to come, a nice little fuzz. It's very interactive with the signal! The harmonics are very controllable on these presets, as in you can get them pretty loud without popping.

It's compressing around -10db, so pretty good in terms of not being pumpy!
drums dry.wav

drums fuzz.wav

The harmonics are different from the u76, U76's saturation was caused mostly by speed.

I don't know where I got the original sample from.... If It was one of you guys let me know.

YES!
mightymosaic

Postby SWANG » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:37 am

dude, take my money!!! :mrgreen: :twisted: :P
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:17 pm

mtalavera wrote:
Tim Petherick wrote:A little preview here of the harmonics in action on the blu-mu Comp/limiter to come, a nice little fuzz. It's very interactive with the signal! The harmonics are very controllable on these presets, as in you can get them pretty loud without popping.

drums dry.wav

drums fuzz.wav

The harmonics are different from the u76, U76's saturation was caused mostly by speed.

I don't know where I got the original sample from.... If It was one of you guys let me know.

You are killing me here, Tim. Give me something to calm my nerves about not having this at my disposal yet. Tell me it is coming very, very soon....please!

Oh yes it's very close,
I sampled this about 8 months ago but put off releasing for various reasons. I put it together this year.
. In some ways it's better I hadn't released it last year because I've got some more tweaks to add.

Just so people know about my prices-

My prices are based part on how long it takes to make the presets and how much predict to make back. I don't have to rent gear because my workshop is in pro analog repair shop, so you can see prices are not based around gear but my time instead.
In this case I will go by the work put in this year for this set and ignore the sampling time from last year. So it will be around £20 I think, u76 happened to stay at the introductory price. Although this will be one will be up there with u76 in terms of quality or possibly much better.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:17 pm

drums dry.wav

drums fuzz.wav

Nice example, Tim. I can feel the compressor working in a very smooth and deep way. It isn't pumpy, but I can still hear it breathing in and out.

Cool stuff.

Please post some more samples!

I love your 100a for doing super deep stuff, both fast and slow. I am wondering if these programs will do similar sorts of things with a different character?
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:27 pm

kindafishy wrote:I love your 100a for doing super deep stuff, both fast and slow.

100a is a masterpiece.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 pm

kindafishy wrote:

drums dry.wav

drums fuzz.wav

Nice example, Tim. I can feel the compressor working in a very smooth and deep way. It isn't pumpy, but I can still hear it breathing in and out.

Cool stuff.

Please post some more samples!

I love your 100a for doing super deep stuff, both fast and slow. I am wondering if these programs will do similar sorts of things with a different character?

It will be different in the sense that it will increase brightness with gain reduction. 100a does a similar thing but in a way that it starts off dark then frequency response linearises as more compression works in.

Also the knee is very different, 100a's ratio starts of very small and exponentially gets more aggressive and turns more into a limiter going up to -20db, that's what makes that comp very musical. I will have a update for 100a too.

At the end of the day they are both great for different reasons.

I will post more. Maybe a good way, maybe you could send a file for me to process?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:It will be different in the sense that it will increase brightness with gain reduction. 100a does a similar thing but in a way that it starts off dark then frequency response linearises as more compression works in.

Also the knee is very different, 100a's ratio starts of very small and exponentially gets more aggressive and turns more into a limiter going up to -20db, that's what makes that comp very musical. I will have a update for 100a too.

At the end of the day they are both great for different reasons.

I will post more. Maybe a good way, maybe you could send a file for me to process?

Sure, Tim, it would be an honour.

What would you like? Bass? Drum bus? Full bus? Vocal track? Single or bussed guitars? Clav? Anything you want.

Let me know, I will get some wav files together and PM you some links.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 pm

I mean you could send me something you'd like to hear with the blue mu. Anything you wish
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:00 am

Tim Petherick wrote:I mean you could send me something you'd like to hear with the blue mu. Anything you wish

Got it. PM sent. Thanks so much, Tim. Extraordinary service right here. Looking forward to hearing it!
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:52 am

Tim Petherick wrote:I will have a update for 100a too.
Wow! Looking forward.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries