Login

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: U76v2 completely New V, Faster, no ringing and PD!! RELE

Postby sontrinh » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 am

I don't know if anyone else is finding this the case, but I am getting a lot of weird artifacts with this library..

mostly with kicks, there will always be some wonky sound like wind or whooshing sound, no matter what kind of release or attack settings i use..

i compared it with other 76 libs and only the u762 makes these wonky sounds...
sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 am

Please pm me with your file to replicate. I believe you emailed before.

Many thanks,

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby sontrinh » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:27 am

Yes, the weird thing is that v2 fixed almost all of the issues, but sometimes i find a kick sound that produces the wind sound..

It happens only on bass heavy material, and not every sound..

Like right now I tried to reproduce that sound with the same exact kick that I heard it on yesterday, and the sound is not longer there.. Could this be user error in some way?

As soon as I get that sound again, I will post a sample..

By the way, just bought your Dualtech... can't wait to try em!!!
sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Postby sfabs » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:09 am

Really like this Comp!! bought it a while ago but havent really used until tonight...

started replacing my stillwell rocket entries on my various drum groups (on a track) and loved the impact the 76 gave me immediately, great to play around with the release and GR settings on the fly to manipulate the sound. The attack is incredible!

put CDSM EL8 (brit mode preset) after the U76 to try and emulate a Distressor

Great Compressor Tim, really chuffed with it after a few hours! :) :) :) :) :) :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby kindafishy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:33 pm

I just wanted to chime in a bit here. Over the past few days, I decided to spend some serious time auditioning a number of compressors including the Slate VBC bundle, this U76 and Tim's Sum 100a on a number of instrument buses including drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I have to say that the Slate VBC is good. It is very good. From a UX standpoint, it is a joy to work with. Just giving credit where credit is due. It also compared very favourably to other compressors, sometimes coming out on top in terms of my preference, sometimes not. Excellent though. Very workable and I could see myself being happy using them.

However...

What I did end up finding though, was that when doing my own blind tests, properly level matched, on every instrument bus, I picked the U76 and 100a every single time. Every time. They always had more life to them, more depth to them. The compression I am getting from these libraries is remarkably stable. By that I mean that they are perfectly precise. The attack performs as it should always, and the release performs as it should always. The depth, the grab, the smoothness, the mojo and the clarity are all there in spades.

In my opinion, not only are Tim's compression libraries the best compression libraries available across all Nebula related technologies, they beat out digital compressors hands down in terms of accuracy, operation, mojo and sound quality.

Tim, these libraries are astounding. That you accomplished this without even making use of the newest tech is even more impressive.

People, these could very well be THE premier compressors available today. If you own Nebula Pro or Server, there is absolutely no need to be waiting for the next big thing to come along because here it is, right in front of you.

Please, purchase these, enjoy them, share your experiences and spread the word. Support Tim, and send him the message that we want him to continue to create these astoundingly high quality programs.

For what it is worth, these are all my most sincere an honest opinions.

I have no motivations behind sharing these opinions other than to try to get the word out a bit so more people can enjoy these libraries and so that Tim may find even more success in his efforts because it is well deserved.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:48 pm

I couldn't agree more kindafishy. I hope that people take this advice and buy them and talk about them. I also hope that YOU talk them up on any and every forum possible. I think it is very very very (VERY) important for "regular users" to "testify" for this technology and for Tim's amazing work. I say "regular user" only to differentiate from the testers. I have written many reviews for Nebula/Acqua products, but I always tell the devs I am dealing with that while I am always happy to talk and write about the tools and tech that are revolutionary (in my opinion), they are wise to find a non-tester to do this because people, right or wrong, assume that testers have some ulterior motive to be positive. I never lie and only praise the stuff I feel is praise-worthy, but unfortunately, many readers don't always believe that.
So flood the other forums with your opinions and findings!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Tim's amazing work is not just with compressors. His new Dual Tech library sounds so good, it is hard not to want to put it on everything, but I already have his Gyrator EQ that goes on just about everything.

And along with the Dual Tech came the upgrade to the Focus Comp. I have his U76 compressor and it sits permanently on the drum bus, and I wasn't going to replace it there until I tried the Focus Comp, and it sounded so good on the drum bus, it was tempting.

To continue the praise I also use the Super Color Series on every electric guitar and bass track. It just adds a depth like no other to give the tracks an extra lift that otherwise are missing.
mtalavera

Postby Barendse » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 pm

kindafishy wrote:In my opinion, not only are Tim's compression libraries the best compression libraries available across all Nebula related technologies, they beat out digital compressors hands down in terms of accuracy, operation, mojo and sound quality.

+1

Best Nebula compression I've heard so far.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Purchased.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:09 pm

I need to Chime in too... I think I have given my opinion before but I have been using the compressor more and more and need to express my opinion...

IT IS AWESOME!

I have been putting it through its paces on drums and synths right now as I am mixing a track. I have put it up against other compressors and against VST compressors. I have tried to test as blindly as I can BUT for me the performance difference is so obvious I dont even need to try blind!

I use a lot of breaks and mix snares together etc... and I'm always looking for more headroom, so try shaving a db or 2 off the peaks of the snares or kick drums... in all buttons mode and an attack of 10 to catch all the transients (not interested in letting the crack through as I am going for headroom here), play with the release... shorter times can give more aggressive results (great results if that's what you want), more medium release to colour the sound less. Voila, instant head room with almost no effect to the sounds dynamics... bypass the comp and listen, its incredible! Any VST or other fast comps just instantly dull the top end and deaden the sound whilst the U76 leaves everything sounding OPEN and DYNAMIC. Try it... with Stillwell or other super fast comps... (i like the stillwell rocket) but it doesnt come close! (disclaimer: obviously if you're drums are squashed flat and brick wall limited to death... you cant shave a few DB off with out hearing it!)

Wanna spice up the drums... Micheal Brauer Style (I say that by following his Braurize compression setups... no idea whether they sound anything like his, but they sound gooooood), add CDSM EL8 preamp post compression in DIst 2 mode and Brit mode as well... can really get them cutting through the mix (i used a lower comp ratio for this... 4-1) shorten the release for more attitude!

I have been trying to get this Synth right for ages... it creates the hook, alongside another part and pushes in out of the mix... very dynamic... sounds great! really needed to reduce the peaks but anything I do to it compression wise just destroyed the dynamics and killed the feel of it, closest I could get was using tape library and CDSM tape booster... a few instances were fine but big boosts with several instances started to take away the dynamics too much. Didnt think the U76 was suitable... tried it as a last resort, 4-1 ratio, fast attack (before the tape and tape booster)... trimmed a Db or 2 at the peaks (was just what I needed to keep the headroom in the mix)... Now when I A/B it with the original synth (no compression or tape) PERFECT... volume AND DYNAMICS and feeling still there! I added the CDSM CL1B preamp post compression which added some smoothness and brightness!

Chuffed to bits... I couldnt speak more highly with my experience! I haven't even tried it on a vocal yet!
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries